5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered Laramie Sport

Ytrev

Reaction score
Anyone seen a 1 inch front and a 3inch rear lowering kit?

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
I dig it. Looks awesome!!!!
I didn't order my truck, I took it off the lot. It is a Laramie with air ride. The truck drivers amazing. It does not get as low as yours, you have a badass look. I'm old, not computer savvy. I don't know how to keep mine low. Lol. It always goes back to aerodynamic mode. I think that's what they call it. Anyway, beautiful truck man.
?
I know with my 16 Rebel I had with the air suspension you could put it in the desired height and then pull a fuse from the fuse box under the hood and it would stay in that ride height until you put the fuse back in. I was running 35's on that so I liked keeping it in off-road mode all of the time. Not really sure about what fuse it is on the 19's but you could put it down to enter/exit mode then pull the fuse and it would stay there.
Bill

LoRAM

Reaction score
Let me know when ya find one. That's the route I want to go

I spoke with IHC and they said they’d consider a 2/4 drop down the road, but there’s currently nothing on the horizon slated.

Vettethret

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie Sport from the shop last night, it was lowered 3” in front and 5” in the rear with a kit from Inez Hotrods. The front was done with upper and lower control arms, and the rear with springs and 4-link relocation. Tires are 285/45/22.

That looks great! Well done.

Reaction score
I spoke with IHC and they said they’d consider a 2/4 drop down the road, but there’s currently nothing on the horizon slated.
Question for you bud, would you happen to know if the kit they used was specifically for a 19? I'm asking because when you get under the truck and look at the suspension it's very similar to the previous model/gen.

LoRAM

Reaction score
Question for you bud, would you happen to know if the kit they used was specifically for a 19? I'm asking because when you get under the truck and look at the suspension it's very similar to the previous model/gen.
I hadn’t looked, but they stated it is very similar the the 4th gen 4x4, but there are small differences specific to the 5th gen.

LoRAM

Reaction score
How's it driving overall after settling and having it now on there for a few weeks?
A slight rake to it, I’d prefer more level - but that can easily be resolved with cutting a quarter turn of the rear spring. There’s a slight squeak, I likely just need to re-grease, but the ride quality has been good.

I can’t imagine going any lower up front, I cringe when the active airdamn scrapes on large bumps on the interstate or highway - although no damage has been done. I have a significant entry/exit decline/incline at the daycare parking lot that it manages without concern on a daily basis. If I had to do it all over again... I would have gone with 24s and dropped it sooner!

Reaction score
A slight rake to it, I’d prefer more level - but that can easily be resolved with cutting a quarter turn of the rear spring. There’s a slight squeak, I likely just need to re-grease, but the ride quality has been good.

I can’t imagine going any lower up front, I cringe when the active airdamn scrapes on large bumps on the interstate or highway - although no damage has been done. I have a significant entry/exit decline/incline at the daycare parking lot that it manages without concern on a daily basis. If I had to do it all over again... I would have gone with 24s and dropped it sooner!
Thanks for the heads up! How many miles have you added since if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering the 4/6 drop but when I do the overall math on tires I think I might be cutting it close since I want to run 28x9/28x12 which have an overall diameter of 34.4" on the rear (405/20/28) and 33.8 on the front so I'm considering going with their 3/5 instead. How's the wear and tear on the tires so far? Any significant change?

LoRAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! How many miles have you added since if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering the 4/6 drop but when I do the overall math on tires I think I might be cutting it close since I want to run 28x9/28x12 which have an overall diameter of 34.4" on the rear (405/20/28) and 33.8 on the front so I'm considering going with their 3/5 instead. How's the wear and tear on the tires so far? Any significant change?
Probably around 1500. Car aligned fine, not expecting any issues with wear.

03lowram

Reaction score
Looks great, my favorite '19 so far! Anymore pics? What part of Texas?

Boomer

Reaction score
Looks great. Probably rides great on the highway.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
That's what I want.

Not going to happen

With the coil over suspension up front there are not going to be as many suspension options as there was with the 4th gen. You would have to go with a 3/5 or a 4/6 drop and add a spacer on top of the coil over to get the desired drop you want.

Users who are viewing this thread