5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 5th gens?

Svt40

Reaction score
I have the Belltech 2/4 kit 1060SP

I had some issues with install but it all worked out eventually. Rides like factory still and only bottoms out occasionally when you hit a sharp edge bump.

Attachments

• PXL_20230113_221145370 (2).jpg
    PXL_20230113_221145370 (2).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 42

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might try cutting the bump stops in half, if you haven’t already. I tried that and it didn’t work for me. I removed the factory bump stops and cut off the retainer cups as well. Then installed Belltech bump stops on the plates by installing rivet nuts on the plate the retainer cups were welded to. I haven’t bottomed out since. Instructions can be found in my build thread.

Svt40

Reaction score
You might try cutting the bump stops in half, if you haven’t already. I tried that and it didn’t work for me. I removed the factory bump stops and cut off the retainer cups as well. Then installed Belltech bump stops on the plates by installing rivet nuts on the plate the retainer cups were welded to. I haven’t bottomed out since. Instructions can be found in my build thread.
I did cut the cups off and installed the BT stops that came with the kit.

When I say bottoming out, I do not mean bone jarring frame smashing hits. I mean the axle comes up and hits the bump stops hard enough to know it was a sharp bump. Something it did not do prior to lowering. I think the BT shocks could use a tiny bit more compression damping to soften those hits. On a rough road it does not bottom out at all. Just sharp edged bumps which there is not much you can do about that.

Being a sportsbike guy I tend to pay way too much attention to what my suspension is doing.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s why I added bags. I keep them
At 8psi when un loaded. It doesn’t raise the truck and I don’t bottom out.

I’m waiting for some one else to buy belltechs adjustable coil overs before I dump the money for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did cut the cups off and installed the BT stops that came with the kit.

When I say bottoming out, I do not mean bone jarring frame smashing hits. I mean the axle comes up and hits the bump stops hard enough to know it was a sharp bump. Something it did not do prior to lowering. I think the BT shocks could use a tiny bit more compression damping to soften those hits. On a rough road it does not bottom out at all. Just sharp edged bumps which there is not much you can do about that.

Being a sportsbike guy I tend to pay way too much attention to what my suspension is doing.

Gotcha. I guess since my setup is different in the rear, the results are different. Might need adjustable shocks. Maybe QA1’s with adjustable rebound and compression. I’ve been considering giving them a call myself to see what they have for my setup. I get the sport bike thing, proper suspension setup is very important.

Svt40

Reaction score
That’s why I added bags. I keep them
At 8psi when un loaded. It doesn’t raise the truck and I don’t bottom out.

I’m waiting for some one else to buy belltechs adjustable coil overs before I dump the money for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually purchased the same bags you have based on your posts and results. Mine are sitting at 5psi for now until I get the air pump setup.

Users who are viewing this thread