5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud Noise on Startup

cincyram89

Reaction score
This thread has been going on for years. Is there still no fix other than “lift your foot off the break really quickly”? Doing that works for me most times, but we shouldn’t have to be doing that. It almost sounds like a cable slapping on the body? Most people seem to think it’s brake booster related. Is there any part of the system that is capable of producing such a noise?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This thread has been going on for years. Is there still no fix other than “lift your foot off the break really quickly”? Doing that works for me most times, but we shouldn’t have to be doing that. It almost sounds like a cable slapping on the body? Most people seem to think it’s brake booster related. Is there any part of the system that is capable of producing such a noise?

I haven't heard that noise in about 3 years. Either with remote starts or my foot hard on the brake, it doesn't happen anymore. I wonder if it "wore" itself out, whatever was making that noise?

Users who are viewing this thread