5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud Clunk in Rear of the truck

Drubee333

Reaction score
I have a 2021 and am occasionally hearing a loud click (metal) when I accelerate or brake. Going to go under the truck today to see if I can find anything loose.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 and have the same sound as the OP had when going over bumps. My clunk comes from the right rear. I do not have air suspension. Any ideas on what else to look at? I've an oil change/tire rotation coming up , but wanted to see if I could figure it out
did you check your spair tire to see if it is completly up in its position and tight

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you tried to shake or lift your borla exhaust, maybe with bumps it hit something? do you have the bed step, samething? when i close my bed step it hit on the resonator...

jzinckgra

Reaction score
did you tried to shake or lift your borla exhaust, maybe with bumps it hit something? do you have the bed step, samething? when i close my bed step it hit on the resonator...
No bed step. Will check exhaust, thanks

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

jzinckgra

Reaction score
No bed step. Will check exhaust, thanks

Think I found the culprit. A loose sway bar link bolt from when I adjusted the hellwig bar. Will know in the morning on the way to work

jzinckgra

Reaction score
Think I found the culprit. A loose sway bar link bolt from when I adjusted the hellwig bar. Will know in the morning on the way to work

It was the sway bar ball link. Much quieter now.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there, @jzinckgra ,

If you decide to address these concerns with a local dealership, please reach out! We're available via DM!

Callie
Ram Cares

Carlosfox15

Reaction score
Hi, i just got delivery of my brand new Laramie 2022, with now 600 miles on the odometer it has now developed the "Clunk" behind the rear seats (mine is mostly on the passenger side of the truck), i believe that it will be the c pilar cab supports beneath the truck, i have seen a TSB around to fix that on earlier models, but i don't know if those are already updated on late 2022 models, @RamCares do you guys know if those supports are already updated on the 2022 models or if there is a TSB for my year? It is worth to know that my noise only happens on rough roads or when i hit a bump on the road at a regular speed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi, i just got delivery of my brand new Laramie 2022, with now 600 miles on the odometer it has now developed the "Clunk" behind the rear seats (mine is mostly on the passenger side of the truck), i believe that it will be the c pilar cab supports beneath the truck, i have seen a TSB around to fix that on earlier models, but i don't know if those are already updated on late 2022 models, @RamCares do you guys know if those supports are already updated on the 2022 models or if there is a TSB for my year? It is worth to know that my noise only happens on rough roads or when i hit a bump on the road at a regular speed.
Hey there @Carlosfox15

At this time, we don't see any TSB's for the 2022, however we can collect a little more information on your vehicle and get a case started for you regarding this. Would you mind sending us a direct message?

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online