5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of issues reported, curious who’s had no issues, major ones anyway?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Right now my problems are all UConnect issues. Navigation, Phone Bluetooth. I have sometimes the radio station playing with my Bluetooth music together in the speakers? Last evening I upgraded my iPhone XS Max to a 11 Pro Max. I'm thinking my phone was causing some trouble. When My phone used to connect I would get all the photos next to the numbers. That all disappeared a few weeks ago? I have no clue why?

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Mine has been flawless through its first year and a quarter and ~17,000 miles. Etorque functions well and I have zero complaints with the Uconnect system. The AC works and cools the truck well on Max AC. The truck has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. Disappointed I had to replace the tires at a little over 15,000 miles, but that's Goodyear's fault not the truck's. If I was in the market for a new truck today, I would buy the same one again.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
you can upgrade the nav? Or you buying whole brand new truck?
You can purchase just the screen upgrade for around $4000. If I recall correctly. The whole center stack gets replaced and is easily removed by 2 small screws on the top. Search YT for videos on how to upgrade to the 12".

eyeguy

Reaction score
Only 1000 miles but no problems so far. 2020 laramie

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Three days shy of owning mine for a year, no problems(just brake pedal recall), have the Chewbacca brake groan occasionally when backing up which I can live with.

TeddyC

Reaction score
Just curious who’s had little to no issue with their RAM so far. Most vehicles have some issues but barring the minor who’s out there with little to no issues with their truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
16K miles, (2019 hemi 1500 2x4) other than 3 recalls that have been corrected, i had to get the right mirror replaced this week, it kept popping when folding in/out and would not stop self calibrating itself. Buddy of mine with the same type truck had #3 fuel injector to go out. He said the dealer mentioned they were seeing an uptick in #5 and #3 cylinder injectors being replaced.

Kob0583

Reaction score
You did not indicate your experience. How has your Rebel been working out? Have you had any of the "lots of issues"?

Mine has been good so far but I haven’t had my truck very long. Very happy so far. I have no issues to report. I do get a little clunk in the rear so I need to check my hitch and spare but otherwise it’s been a great truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is actually a very valuable thread - thanks for posting.

So for those who have responded with "no issues" (excluding recalls) - does that imply your AC is functioning as expected (and not "good enough, I can live with it... etc.")? - that would imply there are fully functional AC units in some trucks and not in others.... Maybe that's why FCA is not paying attention to what I consider a major defect. When I went on my 5000+ mile road trip with my dog down the east coast and across to Austin and back (in July) I had to run the AC FULL BLAST and it couldn't keep the cabin comfortable.

Just curious

Matt
My AC works fine. It's not the coldest AC I have ever felt but it's cold enough that I have to turn it down after 10 minutes or so from starting in a hot cabin. I don't feel there's anything wrong with my AC.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

So for those who have responded with "no issues" (excluding recalls) - does that imply your AC is functioning as expected (and not "good enough, I can live with it... etc.")? - that would imply there are fully functional AC units in some trucks and not in others.... Maybe that's why FCA is not paying attention to what I consider a major defect. When I went on my 5000+ mile road trip with my dog down the east coast and across to Austin and back (in July) I had to run the AC FULL BLAST and it couldn't keep the cabin comfortable.

Just curious

Matt
My ac is not as cold as my F150, (no temps taken, just how it feels) however it was adequate during the warmer weather, especially with the addition of the ceramic tinting to include clear on the windshield. Many do deeper tints than I (legalities aside) but the ceramic did certainly help.
I am waiting for either FCA to step up on the blend door issue or for next summer when I might do the well-regarded hack that members have done with good results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ordyfitz

Reaction score
My AC works fine. It's not the coldest AC I have ever felt but it's cold enough that I have to turn it down after 10 minutes or so from starting in a hot cabin. I don't feel there's anything wrong with my AC.
I have had mine for year in about 10 days and have over 21,000 miles on it. I have had A/C issues didnt Cool at all, took it said the was a leak and replaced a valve. Still is weak, but now winter is here. Also have the issue with radio presets dropping. Knock on wood engine is good, wish I got better MPG (16.5 avg) though.

AartWessels

Reaction score

Just curious

Matt

No AC issues here, although I find the car relatively cold in the autumn season. I have to set the temp to 23.5 or 24 degrees celsius to feel comfortable, which I never had in any other car. That being said, summers here in Western Europe aren't as hot, so I'm not sure if I would experience the same issues as most people here complaining about their AC.

Raydar

Reaction score
My A/C is not stellar, by any means. Not even as good as my 2005 Silverado that I traded, but it was able to keep up with upper 90s(F) temps in Atlanta. So I suppose it's okay.
Haven't had any of the mechanical, brake, ANC, or water leak issues that I have been reading about.

CCryder500

Reaction score
29 k miles and no major issues. Had recalls done, TSB on rear brakes howling in reverse, and moisture in left tail light (replaced under warranty). Very happy so far :)

ChrisW74

Reaction score
No issues here I have just over 16,000 miles so far since May. The only issue was the sway bar being loose which the dealer should have caught due to the TSB and since I custom ordered mine it should have caught during the PGI process. Other than that flawless.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No AC issues here, although I find the car relatively cold in the autumn season. I have to set the temp to 23.5 or 24 degrees celsius to feel comfortable, which I never had in any other car. That being said, summers here in Western Europe aren't as hot, so I'm not sure if I would experience the same issues as most people here complaining about their AC.
Awesome to hear from someone in Europe with a full size - where are you? How is it owning a full size truck over there (parking, gas costs, insurance, etc)? I'm curious to win case I end up in Europe after I retire :)

Apexcars

Reaction score
No real issues with mine. Had to has the computer reset so that the Uconnect app would work and the TSB for the auto dim headlights. Only other issue I have had is that sometimes peoples faces don’t show up on the phone book but usually come back after a restart.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
No issues - 24k miles - driven hard with a lot of off road and just general terrible conditions

AbitaPro

Reaction score
My Limited has really been a pleasure to drive. The engineering and design efforts that put together this Truck, and made it a reality, I’m impressed. If you look at the other manufacturers Trucks, the New Ram 1500 is in a league of its own.

Oil change and tire rotation, and of course gas and Tommy’s Express Car Washes, that’s all folks!

Users who are viewing this thread