5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost presets

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a feeling that the profile thing has been a red herring. I suspect that SXM did something that caused a bunch of us to lose our presets (and maybe profiles, too). Then they fixed it. So, people who created a profile and then thought that fixed their problem were deceived and it was just coincidental timing. They created a profile just after or around the same time they got a fix from SXM.

I agree, setting up a profile didn't solve my problem. I waited a day and tried again and presets were saving

CoachLarry

Reaction score
Just wanted to note that I did have a user profile set in the SiriusXM settings prior to the presets being erased this weekend. And I just looked today and my user profile is gone as well. I’ll try recreating the profile and adding favorites again and see if they stay.
SAME!

Flot

Reaction score
I don't know if it was a cause/effect or not, but after 4 days of presets resetting, I did create a profile and my presets have stuck for 24 hours now.

hasher67

Reaction score
I had the same issues with presets starting last Saturday. I also can't use Android Auto any longer. Get a message on the 12" screen that there is a error conecting to phone. Haven't changed anything on my phone, and the last update to Android Auto was June 21st.

wingostar

Reaction score
I don't know if it was a cause/effect or not, but after 4 days of presets resetting, I did create a profile and my presets have stuck for 24 hours now.
Same issue here and I called Sirius. Someone in India told me they were aware of issue and that I needed to set a profile. Based on what I read here I told him that I did not believe that would solve it and asked if he could ping me. For someone reason he did not want to do that. I went back and forth with him and he finally agreed to ping me but I told him I would try the profile while he was on the phone. Did that and now presets have saved, at least temporarily.

DaleD

Reaction score
After over 3 months of no issues, I lost my presets last week. After reading comments on here, I made a profile and so far so good. Strange how it worked great then "poof", presets gone. I will blame Sirrius/XM on this one. This forum has been extremely helpful on several issues. Thank you!

EVILLIME

Reaction score
I'll be calling Sirius tomorrow. I have had this problem for the last 3 weeks.

PaulieD

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with losing the Sirius XM preset stations?

I am SO grateful, to have found this thread discussion! It's 2020-June and, clearly, this is an ongoing issue for consumers. I blame the Car Dealerships, as well as SiriusXM, as neither party bothers to inform consumers .. or (more likely) they are clueless to begin with.

Here's your solution. While the following video is for a different vehicle brand, the principal should be relative the same .. or, at least, a good starting point to assist in your own, personal resolution / discussion with your dealership.

At 0:19 and 0:55 this "feature" (issue) is discussed. In summary, your KeyFob is likely RESTORING the last known set of PRESETS, at the time your Memory Profile was saved. In other words, if you saved your favorite seat and side mirror positions, you likely (inadvertently) also saved your Radio Presets. This feature actually has nothing to do with SiriusXM, however, one would think they would be aware and lend insight to callers (such as myself) who contacted them to complain that our Radio Presets were being replace and/or removed / change / deleted at "random" intervals. Instead, SiriusXM says it's not their fault and instructs to contact the dealership.

I hope this post is helpful and alleviates the frustration that I, too, was experiencing, prior to discovering this nifty feature.

Bizkit

Reaction score
I lost my presets this week. Problem with mine is when I go in to set up my user profile it want remember it. I did have xm ping radio.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I lost my FM station presets last weekend, but not my Sirius XM presets.

Bizkit

Reaction score
XM presets disappearing
I have read and searched the threads.
I have tried a signal refresh, the memory seat method, and the clear personal data method. What ever I do they disappear and when I log into my account in the 12 inch radio it doesn’t stay logged on but for a few minutes and I lose sign in and presets. Any other fixes? Started out of the blue. Is there a specific TSB for this now?

Users who are viewing this thread