5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost presets

Kidder

Reaction score
Did you do the software upgrade? I lost mine after the uconnect upgrade.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Did you do the software upgrade? I lost mine after the uconnect upgrade.
Yep, same here. Update did this (on XM - AM & FM station presets are still intact).
Interesting that on the prior update a few months ago none of my settings were lost.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like someone didn't do adequate testing before releasing the new version.

baburntt

Reaction score
I lost am/fm and sxm preset stations, this morning.

This is about the 3rd time it has happened to me.

jjhollie

Reaction score
Thanks you all for the responses...I take some 'comfort' that I wasn't the only one. Got an email from FCA today asking about my upgrade experience and mentioned the problems.

Did you lose your artist/song alerts as well?

greggsmith21

Reaction score
I had that problem and then went into settings for Sirius on the unit and created a profile for me an my wife. I selected my profile and then went back to the radio and resaved my channel favorites and now they are staying. I thought it was just me. I saved them twice before trying the user profile. I thought I had set that up, but I guess it saved it to the spare key when I was at the dealer picking it up. The keys are sensitive to those kinds of settings. The system will remember your preferences based on what key it detects. You may run into this as well if you lock the truck and you have both keys nearby and your partner opens the truck before you do. I've had that issue with my BMW where my wife and I have our keys with us and she gets to the door first and unlocks the car with her door and the car thinks it should use her preferences instead of mine. Not sure if RAM has that same issue or not. Guess if I always open the door for her, that will solve the issue. LOL.
:)

DJR2019RAM

Reaction score
I think the other issue some may have (if my own experience is anything to go by) is that neither of the fobs have been linked to the memory settings. I wondered why I kept losing the radio station settings.... thought it was just a bug (may well be) but I noticed that when I got in I didn't see the "restoring Driver 1 (or 2) settings like I did in my Jeep. Turns out you have to associate the key fob (page 49 of the OM) to the memory. I hadn't had to do that on any prior Mopar. It's as simple as hitting the lock button on the remote within 10 s of storing your memory settings with the vehicle cycle to OFF. Obviously you need to have the memory settings linked to key fob set in the setting menu but that alone doesn't detect which key is in the vehicle at that time. Time will tell if it fixed it but now when I get in the display shows "restoring driver 1 settings" so hopefully that was all it took.

Clipsmeyer

Reaction score
Mine keeps loosing my home location for saved destinations. Has anyone else had this happen

GoFastGoFish

Reaction score
Ya, add me to the list too... I have been whining on social media about it. Uconnect says it's a "Known Issue" but yet have not released a patch .. I went as far as saying I would fix it myself if they didn't soon.. it's amazing that they turfed that up

TimFlex

Reaction score
Mine just started loosing the presets in SiriusXM too. :-(

My SiriusXM presents disappeared a couple weeks ago (maybe got an update or something) and when ever I would put them back, they would just reset when I turned the truck off and back on. Then I noticed my SiriusXM user info/icon was gone but once I created my user name again and saved the presets, they are staying now. When I say user, I mean on your radio where you can create different profiles for different people. Try creating a user profile and then save your presets again and see if they say.

Kntoys

Reaction score
I hit preset 2 on the door and later noticed all presets, audio etc were gone. Didnt realize they were all tied to the 1 or 2 settings. Not the same prob yall are having but i didnt realize they were all tied to the presets

Montgomery

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread. Have any of you had any luck getting this issue resolved? I've tried setting presets every possible way. With and without the memory profiles. With and without the SiriusXM profiles. With and without assigning profiles to key fobs. It always resets after I exit and lock the truck. I bought this truck from a dealer used April 15th (previous owner passed away). I even found a receipt from a previous service visit that says "Owner states presets won't save" and it goes on to say they weren't able to duplicate the issue. I'm hoping for a software update soon. This is just so frustrating...

Srminosky

Reaction score
Thank you all to whom responded to this board as I just purchased my truck and was killing myself to figure this issue out. I had to set all my presets then reprogram my key fob to my profile.

rebeldan

Reaction score
Mine started today losing presets........ earlier this week no sound. Unplugged battery to fix that. Hate going to dealer. Waste of time.

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
You guys have set your “user profile” right? If you don’t set your profile you’ll continue to lose presets
How do you set user profile? I have had my truck for 6 months no issues then all of a sudden every time I get out of my truck and back in present are gone, please help

Users who are viewing this thread