5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost presets

JDRamGuy

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel with a 12inch display. Radio presets for siriusxm go away every time I shut off the engine. This just started today. Bought it new in February. I do not see anywhere to set up a user profile. There is no mention of that in the user manual. Only 1 key fob has ever been used. Any ideas???

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel with a 12inch display. Radio presets for siriusxm go away every time I shut off the engine. This just started today. Bought it new in February. I do not see anywhere to set up a user profile. There is no mention of that in the user manual. Only 1 key fob has ever been used. Any ideas???
I've had my truck since September and never lost presets (knock on wood) and have never set up a profile. You should not have to set a profile to keep pre sets/favorites saved. That's why there is no mention of this in the manual.

Srminosky

Reaction score
How do you set user profile? I have had my truck for 6 months no issues then all of a sudden every time I get out of my truck and back in present are gone, please help
With Vehicle stopped and in park, hit the "S" (set) button on the driver side door followed by the corresponding number of the profile you want to update, then hit the lock button on the key fob.

Srminosky

Reaction score
I've had my truck since September and never lost presets (knock on wood) and have never set up a profile. You should not have to set a profile to keep pre sets/favorites saved. That's why there is no mention of this in the manual.

I totally agree with you, you should not have to do this! But it did fix my issue. hope it fixes others

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Lost my presets for the first time 3 days ago. I immediately realized I didn't have my profile created. Did that, hoping it doesn't happen again.

But, on a positive note, I didn't really like the order of my last preset list....I did it better this time around! Lemonade out of lemons!

JDRamGuy

Reaction score
My 2019 Rebel has a lot of options but not set buttons for 2 drivers. I lost the presets again overnight. If I want to reboot the radio by disconnecting battery will it screw up all the computer settings for emissions etc. When I put a new battery in my sons Ford it would barely run for about 30 minutes.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was losing mine. I set up my Sirius profile on the truck. Just go the options. It seems to be keeping them now.

Jamesb-59

Reaction score
Guys, if you are just losing your Sirius presets and not you FM/AM presets, have Sirius re-ping the radio. Should solve the problem. I've had my truck for all of 4 weeks and last week I kept losing the XM stations every time I shut down. I dropped the truck off at the dealer for the last recall and mentioned it too them. They checked it and it kept new presets. Got home and they were gone. A little perplexed. Took about 5 minutes to handle with a phone call. All original presets came back, no problem.

JDRamGuy

Reaction score
I called siriusxm. After 20 minutes they told me I have a set a profile. I set a profile. So far so good. I am not sure why it worked for 6 months without one.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called siriusxm. After 20 minutes they told me I have a set a profile. I set a profile. So far so good. I am not sure why it worked for 6 months without one.
Makes zero sense but glad it’s working for you. Sirius is clueless. Mine has worked for 10 months with no profile.

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
Makes zero sense but glad it’s working for you. Sirius is clueless. Mine has worked for 10 months with no profile.
Did you do the update like the rest of us last month? Thats when all the presets started to vanish. I think we were all fine without profiles before that.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you do the update like the rest of us last month? Thats when all the presets started to vanish. I think we were all fine without profiles before that.
Nope. After reading all the issues I’m not doing the update. Everything works fine on mine now.

RamLarryme

Reaction score
Had same issue, called Siriusxm, they had me set profile with key fob...no good...they reset the siriusxm signal. input new presets...good to go!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had same issue, called Siriusxm, they had me set profile with key fob...no good...they reset the siriusxm signal. input new presets...good to go!
I went through 2 days of whacky stuff happening with my Sirius that ultimately all worked out on its own after multiple phone calls to them. Most of the radio problems and remote command issues are all fixable without any hardware repairs. The problem is getting them to recognize this and do something about it.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m having the issue where I keep losing my presets with my 12” screen. I just noticed it about 10 days back but I don’t drive the truck often, so could have been a while. I dropped it off at dealership and they tell me to wait for an update on 8/24/2019 and refer to Star Case S1808000147. WTH?!??! We’re paying $65k to $70k for most of these trucks with the 12” screen and Ram can’t provide a working feature as basic as a preset?? I believe this is my 5th visit to dealership since I bought it in October of 2018. I’m becoming very disappointed and dissatisfied with my Ram.

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
I’m having the issue where I keep losing my presets with my 12” screen. I just noticed it about 10 days back but I don’t drive the truck often, so could have been a while. I dropped it off at dealership and they tell me to wait for an update on 8/24/2019 and refer to Star Case S1808000147. WTH?!??! We’re paying $65k to $70k for most of these trucks with the 12” screen and Ram can’t provide a working feature as basic as a preset?? I believe this is my 5th visit to dealership since I bought it in October of 2018. I’m becoming very disappointed and dissatisfied with my Ram.
Only 5th visit?? You’re lucky!!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Count your blessings. Mine spent 3 out of the past 10 months in the shop Unfortunately, it is what it is. Just enjoy it when you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread