5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lopsided RAM PLEASE HELP!

Kelly Lee

Reaction score
Just purchased 2021 Ram Limited March 2nd. Driver side is leaning badly, upwards of an inch at times, back side is worse. If I were to take a AA battery and place it on my tailgate from passenger to driver it rolls completely off the truck. Took it to dealership they say it's no issue!?!?!?!?only 900 miles on it... Has anyone had this issue? Help please. 20210311_153543.jpg 20210311_153527.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just purchased 2021 Ram Limited March 2nd. Driver side is leaning badly, upwards of an inch at times, back side is worse. If I were to take a AA battery and place it on my tailgate from passenger to driver it rolls completely off the truck. Took it to dealership they say it's no issue!?!?!?!?only 900 miles on it... Has anyone had this issue? Help please. View attachment 85404 View attachment 85405

It's the airbags...Might have a slow leak.
We certainly can understand your desire to have this addressed, @Kelly Lee. Please follow up with our private message with your VIN so that we may determine how to best assist you moving forward, thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Lol. the only concern will be the door. Take it to the dealer and ask them to realign the door.
As far as the 1/2" difference measurements, i bet that is the driver side. A lot of vehicles lean a little more towards the driver side,especially when the gas tank and battery etc are on that side.

Google RAM Lean. is not news. maybe it's new for some of you buying a new RAM. per another thead from last year when somebody was concerned as well, this is not especific to RAM so don't dice on the model just because it might be news to you. Google "Jeep lean", or "Taco lean" or "FJ lean", "Tundra lean" etc etc etc. Different ways to address it, you can add a litte 1/2" spacer in the front, or be creative with a JK wedge spacer for example in the rear, be creative with airbags 1000 system for example, but split the hoses so you can pump more air in the rear driver side, in the JK's you can also play with adjustable sway bar links in the rear, etc etc. be aware that if you lift one corner the opposite side corner will go down just a tiny bit. Measure and see where you'll need the spacer, sometimes you can do one, or both on the same side front and rear. That's assuming you're anal about it. most don't even realize they have a lean until they measure. Seems to be more accentuated after a lift sometimes, i guess depending on how bad the lean was stock. Those of you with 33 gallon fuel tanks will more likely see the worst of the "RAM lean". All normal believe it or not so go easy on your dealer regarding the lean.

The door on the other side, be polite and ask them to fix it, should take less than an hour for the shop dudes to fix that.

Have fun.

abaddon48

Reaction score
I own a 2021 Bighorn and my drivers side also is 1” lower front and rear than the passenger side. Measured on a full tank and with the low fuel light on, but it doesn’t make a difference. Always noticed a slight lean, but after I got a level kit put on it is very visible just looking at the truck.

Kelly Lee

Reaction score
How often should your air compressor come on!?!?!?

The door is scheduled to be fixed by dealership "no charge" but they say the lean is normal!!!! It bothers me.... and most of the time if I unlock my door or sometimes it's random the air compressor will come on.

louscrw

Reaction score
I own a 2021 Bighorn and my drivers side also is 1” lower front and rear than the passenger side. Measured on a full tank and with the low fuel light on, but it doesn’t make a difference. Always noticed a slight lean, but after I got a level kit put on it is very visible just looking at the truck.
Like I mentioned earlier, my truck has a lean as well, as did my last several trucks. Not a big deal, but I installed revel links this afternoon on the front, and now the lean is more obvious. Strange how that works. I only lifted mine about 1”

LakesAZ

Reaction score
After reading this I had to go out and measure my truck. I do not have air suspension, but I do have a "fancy pants" 33 gal tank and as it sits in my level garage with a full tank of gas it is 1/2 lower on the driver side. But I really never noticed it before and even now knowing that it leans I still don't see it with my uncalibrated eye.

Last edited:

redneck

Reaction score
Just purchased 2021 Ram Limited March 2nd. Driver side is leaning badly, upwards of an inch at times, back side is worse. If I were to take a AA battery and place it on my tailgate from passenger to driver it rolls completely off the truck. Took it to dealership they say it's no issue!?!?!?!?only 900 miles on it... Has anyone had this issue? Help please. View attachment 85404 View attachment 85405
im only seeing 5/16 difference in the photos that could be a full tank of gas doing that

redneck

Reaction score
How often should your air compressor come on!?!?!?

The door is scheduled to be fixed by dealership "no charge" but they say the lean is normal!!!! It bothers me.... and most of the time if I unlock my door or sometimes it's random the air compressor will come on.
my air compressor does micro adjustments when i open the door or tail gate it only runs for 2-4 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread