5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lopsided RAM PLEASE HELP!

Kelly Lee

Reaction score
Just purchased 2021 Ram Limited March 2nd. Driver side is leaning badly, upwards of an inch at times, back side is worse. If I were to take a AA battery and place it on my tailgate from passenger to driver it rolls completely off the truck. Took it to dealership they say it's no issue!?!?!?!?only 900 miles on it... Has anyone had this issue? Help please. 20210311_153543.jpg 20210311_153527.jpg

louscrw

Reaction score
I noticed it on my 2021 Limited as well, I only have 200 miles on mine. My last two trucks (2015 and 2017 Tundras) both had a lean as well. As did our Lexus GX460 SUV. My wife thinks I’m nuts...I’m learning to accept it.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Man that sucks that can't be normal. I would be raising hell with the dealership and take it as high as necessary to get it fixed. This is why when my truck comes in and it is delivered I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb! I hope the delivery driver brings a good book to read 🤣

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Man that sucks that can't be normal. I would be raising hell with the dealership and take it as high as necessary to get it fixed. This is why when my truck comes in and it is delivered I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb! I hope the delivery driver brings a good book to read 🤣
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
As far as the lean idk.. But that door is not right at all! There is no way the dealership should be telling you thats normal lol I would be looking for a new dealership! I don't blame you for being pissed about it, I'm extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles and that would drive me absolutely INSANE!... Ram still the best truck on the road though

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree on the door that it needs to be fixed and the dealership can do it so bring it to the manager or else find a different dealership. As for the airbags this seems to be rare or not really reported on the Gen5 as these were tweaked since Gen4. I would contact @RamCares or open a ticket on ramchat and escalate.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree with above. No door looks like that on a new truck. Cant say what the lean is but the air suspension would be a good
starting point.

Once both are fixed you could either sell if pissed off to the max (and then buy some other makers issues) or just enjoy the rest of the truck. (As long as those are your only two issues.)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not abnormal for the truck to be little lower on driver side, go to the dealer lot and measure several trucks and you will probably have the same result. Measurements may vary depending on how much gas is in the tank.

As far as the door, NOT normal at all, def have the dealer check that out.

Some light reading.

Last edited:

Kelly Lee

Reaction score
Not abnormal for the truck to be little lower on driver side, go to the dealer lot and measure several trucks and you will probably have the same result. Measurements may vary depending on how much gas is in the tank.

As far as the door, NOT normal at all, def have the dealer check that out.

Some light reading.

Thanks!!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now if I had one of those fancy pants 33 gallon tanks and it was full then of course it would lean to one side! (But I don’t.)

Users who are viewing this thread