5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for info on LED headlight assemblies...

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Thank you for the tip! Hopefully I don’t break anything. :D

I do wonder how much a replacement grill is...

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you pull that front fascia out at the same time from each side, you shouldn’t break any of the clips. You’ll feel like they’re going to break, but they won’t. If anything breaks, it will be one of the tabs on the fascia, not the grill. Take your time, you’ll be fine.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you pull that front fascia out at the same time from each side, you shouldn’t break any of the clips. You’ll feel like they’re going to break, but they won’t. If anything breaks, it will be one of the tabs on the fascia, not the grill. Take your time, you’ll be fine.
Oh yeah, one more thing...

Some of the screws are different lengths, especially on the header panel and the grill. Take notes as you remove them and, again, take your time!

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips. :)

I’ll lay them out in the order they were removed. Definitely a handy trick coming from an electronics background. :D

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the tips. :)

I’ll lay them out in the order they were removed. Definitely a handy trick coming from an electronics background. :D
I also took the additional step of wrapping the wiring harness with this stuff:

Little added peace of mind, plus now it matches all the rest of the wiring under the hood.

Last edited:

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Excellent idea. Is one roll enough for the entire harness?

I’m delaying the light purchase until next week, but I’ve ordered the wiring kit in the meantime. :)

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Harness arrived... now I just need to get the cash together for the front lights. :)

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Aww. Brunswick Auto Mart can't match their wholesale parts price as they're a separate division. I'd be walking out of the dealership with the lights today otherwise.

Oh well, I guess I'll be making another trip in two weeks time! :D

atuna

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at doing this conversion soon for tails and headlights. Still searching around for some good deals but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone still had their headlights for sale? I saw a couple people posted some for sale, if you still have them let me know! Thanks in advance!

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I caved... I've bought the front lights. I'll grab the rears in a month or so, maybe two. They're super quick to change. I just wanted to get the fronts done before the cold weather starts to roll in.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I caved... I've bought the front lights. I'll grab the rears in a month or so, maybe two. They're super quick to change. I just wanted to get the fronts done before the cold weather starts to roll in.
Make sure you post pics. When are you installing them?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
If all goes to plan, next weekend. They were ordered today but I won’t be able to pick them up until next week due to them being on order through BAM themselves.

I’ll be leaving my tail lights as they are for now, at least for the next month or two, and then grab them to complete the conversion. If I sell the $500 of PC hardware I have laying around, that’ll bring the install date for the tails up somewhat. :)

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
And back lights ordered. Can't do the front and then not do the back... it would look weird, and I have almost got enough together to cover the bill anyway.

I can't wait to get these installed this weekend! :D

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn't gonna say anything, but now that you mention it!!

You have to do them all. Did you get the black bezels or the chrome?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Just waiting for them to confirm when I can pick them up... but I got the black ones. It’ll look so much better than the chrome.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the black ones because I figured if I was going to spend that much money I may as well make it look a little bit different then the rest of the non-blackout BigHorns with LEDs. They look awesome. Mean looking.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
That is EXACTLY what I am going for with mine! :D

I want to get my window tint matched next... then the look will be one step closer to completion. :)

I'm ordering my black back lights now... RIP my credit score that just went up - back down we go. XD

dsn112

Reaction score
I have the black headlights, red tails. Tails were no choice since I got them for $250

Users who are viewing this thread