5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for info on LED headlight assemblies...

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Looks like the right front of mine just went bad. I'll let you know how BAM decide to handle this.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like the right front of mine just went bad. I'll let you know how BAM decide to handle this.
They were very easy to deal with for my warranty replacement when mine leaked. They sent me a new assembly with a UPS return label in the box. However, it was within the first week of the original delivery.

I'm sure it is covered, but I don't know if they'll send you a replacement, or want it returned for evaluation/ repair.

Good luck.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Well, the weirdest thing happened... I was looking at it in the dark and all of a sudden it came back to life. That leads me to believe that the LED assembly wasn't to blame as the full beam, indicator and running lights were still functioning fine. Is it possible that my adapter from RetroShop had a slight malfunction? That's where my trail of thought goes now.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the weirdest thing happened... I was looking at it in the dark and all of a sudden it came back to life. That leads me to believe that the LED assembly wasn't to blame as the full beam, indicator and running lights were still functioning fine. Is it possible that my adapter from RetroShop had a slight malfunction? That's where my trail of thought goes now.
I would start by checking the connectors to make sure they're seated properly.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I reseated them all, no change, so I gave up and went inside as it was dark out anyway. Later on I took out the trash, decided to look at it one more time and they were working. Went for a drive with multiple stops, no problems. I’m not sure what happened.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I reseated them all, no change, so I gave up and went inside as it was dark out anyway. Later on I took out the trash, decided to look at it one more time and they were working. Went for a drive with multiple stops, no problems. I’m not sure what happened.
Hmm...interesting. Well, at least it’s easy to remove the headlights. Lol.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
You're right, they are easy enough to remove. I just don't want to be doing it in 35 degree weather. :D

.... this is so strange.

It was working this morning when I first turned on my truck. Stopped at the post office, came back to the right side out again. I get home with them being switched off during the 4 mile or so drive so that only the running lights were on, switch them on, and they work again. I'm really starting to think the adapter is hosed and that I need to contact RS. If the lights were broken, they wouldn't return, right? I heard good things about RS, so I'll give them a call on Monday to see if they have any suggestions.

jlanc20

Reaction score
If anyone is interested they are running a group buy on alpha rex right now, its a 150 dollar deposit to get you on a list, once the list reaches 20 people alpha rex will send out discount codes ...if you want more information contact alpha rex on instagram or facebook!

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. Pardon my language, but darn those are some sharp looking lights. :)

Doberman11

Reaction score
I wonder if you install the factory LED headlights and upgrade the headlight harness would you still need the retro shop adapters. I was looking at Tasca parts and they don't show a LED harness but they show a regular halogen harness and it's not that long. So there must be a LED harness also I'm thinking.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if you install the factory LED headlights and upgrade the headlight harness would you still need the retro shop adapters. I was looking at Tasca parts and they don't show a LED harness but they show a regular halogen harness and it's not that long. So there must be a LED harness also I'm thinking.
You definitely need the retroshop harness. When you're done with the install, one of the harnesses that plugs into the factory halogens does not get used and just sits there.

Last edited:

kraz

Reaction score
Would any of you have the part numbers for the chrome led headlights?

kraz

Reaction score
They seem to have gone up in price.
Thank you for the part #'s
It may be best to order from infotainment.com it seems. The adapter plus the headlights are around the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread