5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loaded Laramie vs Limited

JXL118

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at ordering a 2019 limited but I'm not sure i like the look of the limited's chrome grill which based on some image and YouTube searches doesn't seem to change even with the body color bumper group. So my question is what do I lose it I go with an optioned up Laramie sport with level 2, 12" uconnect, advanced safety, bed utility, air suspension, & power running boards?

Cost looks to end up being basically the same as a limited.

From my research it looks like only difference might be ventilated rear seats and maybe different quality leather. Is there anything else the limited has that the Laramie won't?

Is there that big a difference in the leather quality? Local dealer didn't have any limited's on the lot I could check out but did have a Laramie similar to what I'm thinking about with the 12in screen.

I'm a little concerned that the Laramie will have a little less resale than the limited but I typically don't swap out my truck very often, I've currently got an 06 Nissan Titan that I've put almost 250,000 miles on. Which if I do again I don't think the resale difference will matter much at that point.

Thanks

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I actually cant speak to the difference in leather as I never drove a Laramie, but I cant imagine it'd be a huge difference. The only things that stick out to me would be losing the adaptive style projector LED headlights rather than the reflective housing LED that the Laramie has, and the interior in the Limiteds has some fancy (supposed to be anyway) looking wood on the dash, doors and center console sliding tray. I think there a lot of people like yourself that end up choosing the "higher" trim package just because it can be had for the same price as the Laramie.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked hard at this a while back and the only feature you can't get on the Longhorn is the full speed collision avoidance / auto braking, according to the brochure. Every other difference is colors, trim styles, etc.
You just wind up paying more and will get a lower trade in later.

GM convert

Reaction score
Are the grill’s interchangeable? If so, order a Limited and buy the grill you want for it. I might change out my chrome bumpers.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Im ordering my truck REAL soon. going through that dilemma right now. the reasons im going with a laramie...

#1- like you mentioned - i can remove the chrome grill. (sports appearance package)
#2 - i prefer the bigger headlights than the limited
#3 - i can delete the air suspension. (no need for me) order the off-road package and level .(level for air suspension will come eventually)
#4 - with the sports appearance package i get the sport hood which i prefer.
there are definitely a few advantages (interior etc.) of the limited - but because of the above mentioned - LARAMIE for me!!
NOTE-plus up here in a canada- around $4000.00 less.

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Im ordering my truck REAL soon. going through that dilemma right now. the reasons im going with a laramie...

#1- like you mentioned - i can remove the chrome grill. (sports appearance package)
#2 - i prefer the bigger headlights than the limited
#3 - i can delete the air suspension. (no need for me) order the off-road package and level .(level for air suspension will come eventually)
#4 - with the sports appearance package i get the sport hood which i prefer.
there are definitely a few advantages (interior etc.) of the limited - but because of the above mentioned - LARAMIE for me!!
NOTE-plus up here in a canada- around $4000.00 less.

These were the reasons I went with the Laramie also. I thought I would miss the headlights but after living with the Laramie lights and seeing multiple Limited lights at the dealership over my order period I have come to like the Laramie lights better. Would have been nice to get the rear cooled seats though!

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
These were the reasons I went with the Laramie also. I thought I would miss the headlights but after living with the Laramie lights and seeing multiple Limited lights at the dealership over my order period I have come to like the Laramie lights better. Would have been nice to get the rear cooled seats though!

(y). for me anyways- neither the dogs nor the golf clubs will miss the a/c rear seats.;)

rp781

Reaction score
I went Laramie over Limited for the following reasons:
- Like the bigger headlights on Laramie better
- Hate the power running boards - this was biggest one
- Didn't want the 12" screen
- Wanted the Black Appearance Package
- Kids don't need A/C rear seats
- Limited interior (although awesome) is too nice for my kids to ruin :)

Neocane

Reaction score
It's my understanding that with the Level 2 package, even the rear seats are heated and cooled in the Laramie. I wanted completely "blacked out", so going the Laramie route was the only way for me to do that without having to go an order all new "blacked out" badging and having the grill painted or swapped out. Plus, I prefer the Laramie grill anyway. I ordered mine fully dressed out, except without the sunroof. The ONLY differences I see between the Laramie I ordered and the Limited will be the Limited badging, grill, headlights (I also prefer the Laramie headlights), interior stitching and wood in the dash and doors. As I stated previously, with the level 2 package, you get ALL the same bells and whistles as the Limited. For my own personal preferences, it was a no brainer. It's furthur down the list, but I also ordered mine with the 12" UConnect.

Attachments

• Level 2 list.PNG
    Level 2 list.PNG
    39.8 KB · Views: 127

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
It's my understanding that with the Level 2 package, even the rear seats are heated and cooled in the Laramie. I wanted completely "blacked out", so going the Laramie route was the only way for me to do that without having to go an order all new "blacked out" badging and having the grill painted or swapped out. Plus, I prefer the Laramie grill anyway. I ordered mine fully dressed out, except without the sunroof. The ONLY differences I see between the Laramie I ordered and the Limited will be the Limited badging, grill, headlights (I also prefer the Laramie headlights), interior stitching and wood in the dash and doors. As I stated previously, with the level 2 package, you get ALL the same bells and whistles as the Limited. For my own personal preferences, it was a no brainer. It's furthur down the list, but I also ordered mine with the 12" UConnect.

not sure if they are cooled? - but same up here in canada - just mentions heated.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I looked hard at this a while back and the only feature you can't get on the Longhorn is the full speed collision avoidance / auto braking, according to the brochure. Every other difference is colors, trim styles, etc.
I think he's asking about a Laramie, not a Laramie Longhorn. And you can equip a Longhorn with the Advanced Safety Group, which includes the same full-speed collision warning plus system that is available for the Limited. In fact, when I load up both trucks, the Longhorn runs about $2K more than the Limited. That's the price I had to pay to have the grille and interior that I wanted!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think he's asking about a Laramie, not a Laramie Longhorn. And you can equip a Longhorn with the Advanced Safety Group, which includes the same full-speed collision warning plus system that is available for the Limited. In fact, when I load up both trucks, the Longhorn runs about $2K more than the Limited. That's the price I had to pay to have the grille and interior that I wanted!
Sorry. I'm in Germany and obviously didn't read that close enough.

JXL118

Reaction score

This is something Ive considered a requirement for my next truck. The advanced safety group on the Laramie says it includes:

Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go
Advanced Brake Assist
Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
Lane Departure Warning Plus
Parallel & Perpendicular Park-Assist w/Stop
Surround-View Camera (N/A w/Trailer-Tow Mirrors)

This package is why I even started looking at the higher trim levels. If I could have optioned it on a big Horn or Laramie with a level 1 group, I probably would have but since it's only on the limited or Laramie with a level 2 at that point i decided i might as well load out the rest and make it a full on luxury truck with everything in my wish list. I can afford it but $60k wasn't what i was originally planning on when i started shopping a new truck.

Its also the only reason I'm still considering a Tundra. Toyota makes they're safety group standard on all trims so I could get what i require without dumping in a ton of extras at a much lower price point. However I liked the new Ram better than the Ford, Toyota, or Nissans i test drove. I may still wait to check out the new Chevy/GMC but from what I've seen online it doesn't look like they did much to update the interior and I doubt it will offer any better value.

JXL118

Reaction score
I went Laramie over Limited for the following reasons:
- Like the bigger headlights on Laramie better
- Hate the power running boards - this was biggest one
- Didn't want the 12" screen
- Wanted the Black Appearance Package
- Kids don't need A/C rear seats
- Limited interior (although awesome) is too nice for my kids to ruin :)

I'm curious why you hate the power running boards. I've never had them on a truck but I've liked the idea of them for awhile.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, the power boards seem like a nice feature as the come down about twice as low as a fixed running board making getting in easier for passengers that may need help yet they tuck up out of the way when not in use. I guess they downside for me would be something else to break.

rp781

Reaction score
I'm curious why you hate the power running boards. I've never had them on a truck but I've liked the idea of them for awhile.
Something else to break and I like the look of permanent running boards better.

JXL118

Reaction score
Something else to break and I like the look of permanent running boards better.

Yeah that's definitely something that's been on my mind. This is the first truck I'm considering doing an extended warranty on. All trucks are getting so much more complex, plus all the bells and whistles, and being a new model has me concerned too.

Ickabod

Reaction score
The only reason I went with the laramie vs the limited was because they don't offer the 40-20-40 front seat in the limited. I had to have the 6 passenger truck for the family to all fit.

rp781

Reaction score
Yeah that's definitely something that's been on my mind. This is the first truck I'm considering doing an extended warranty on. All trucks are getting so much more complex, plus all the bells and whistles, and being a new model has me concerned too.
I’ve done an extended warranty on every truck I’ve ever owned. GMC, Ford and RAM. Have gotten my money’s worth on all of them. I do put about 25k - 35k a year on them though so for me it’s always the extended warranty for mileage vs time.

Users who are viewing this thread