5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loaded Laramie vs Limited

beta379

Reaction score
Is there a dealer that is known in the forum to call for great prices for an extended warranty or maintenance plan on new Rams?
My dealership included a lifetime powertrain warranty! They were only about $1k more then everyone else so I thought it was well worth it. I'm not sure who the warranty is through though, but it isn't specific to just their dealership.

Not sure where you are located otherwise I'd recommend them for that.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealership included a lifetime powertrain warranty! They were only about $1k more then everyone else so I thought it was well worth it. I'm not sure who the warranty is through though, but it isn't specific to just their dealership.

Not sure where you are located otherwise I'd recommend them for that.

It's probably not transferable, so it's only worth it if you're going to keep the truck that long.

I had a lifetime MaxCare warranty on my last Ram. I had it for 10 years and 193K miles. That warranty was worth WAY more than what I paid for it.

On my new truck, I don't expect to keep it longer than the 5yr/100K. If that. I'll be wanting to upgrade to either an EcoDiesel or a Cummins before then.

beta379

Reaction score
It's probably not transferable, so it's only worth it if you're going to keep the truck that long.

I had a lifetime MaxCare warranty on my last Ram. I had it for 10 years and 193K miles. That warranty was worth WAY more than what I paid for it.

On my new truck, I don't expect to keep it longer than the 5yr/100K. If that. I'll be wanting to upgrade to either an EcoDiesel or a Cummins before then.
Gotcha, I keep my vehicles for at least 10 years unless something really bad happens. Yeah I wasn't impressed with the EcoDiesel for my needs. If anything I'd upgrade to a 2500 for more towing capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/