5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loaded Laramie vs Limited

professorwest

Reaction score
I too am considering a decked out and blacked out laramie over a limited. The lights and the air suspension are really the only two major differences (if you happen to care about that) but a decked out black appearance Laramie will run $66K MSRP, which is about the same as a limited with a few options. My question resides in resell value. say in 3-5 years you go to trade it in.. the inherit value of a decked out Laramie still hold / depreciate the same way a limited will?

MacDuff

Reaction score
I went the loaded Laramie route as well. I didn't want the air suspension, power running boards or sunroof. Additionally, I preferred the look of the Laramie grill, I went with the sport package and blacked out grill, loaded up with the 12 inch display, level 2, etc so my MSRP was still $62k. I know the resale may be lower at some point, but I didn't care for some of the standard features on the limited and didn't like the look of the wheels as much.

At the end of the day, I ordered the truck exactly the way I wanted it, and eliminated a couple of potential problem areas. I had a 2016 limited with air suspension problems and saw the writing on the wall with that system. I never use the sunroof and noted that a lot of owners have already had leakage problems so I decided to forego the limited this time around.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
Limited for me. Air suspension and the interior are the 2 big reasons i went with it. Ordered mine just how i wanted it. No sunroof for me, don't really use it and didn't want to take the chance of a leak.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Laramie Sport for me. Almost went with a Limited as well but as others have said, options or standard features I didn't want (power steps, pano roof) along with the overall look I was after. Have everything I want in mine and nothing I didn't. Only you can decide what will work for you.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In fact, when I load up both trucks, the Longhorn runs about $2K more than the Limited. That's the price I had to pay to have the grille and interior that I wanted!
That's why we went with the Limited. I also didn't like the Longhorn interior, including the gauge cluster trim. I see the inside of the truck all the time. I can't see the grill when I'm driving. :p

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's why we went with the Limited. I also didn't like the Longhorn interior, including the gauge cluster trim. I see the inside of the truck all the time. I can't see the grill when I'm driving. :p
I also like the Longhorn wheels better...but I understand your rationale.

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at ordering a 2019 limited but I'm not sure i like the look of the limited's chrome grill which based on some image and YouTube searches doesn't seem to change even with the body color bumper group. So my question is what do I lose it I go with an optioned up Laramie sport with level 2, 12" uconnect, advanced safety, bed utility, air suspension, & power running boards?

Cost looks to end up being basically the same as a limited.

From my research it looks like only difference might be ventilated rear seats and maybe different quality leather. Is there anything else the limited has that the Laramie won't?

Is there that big a difference in the leather quality? Local dealer didn't have any limited's on the lot I could check out but did have a Laramie similar to what I'm thinking about with the 12in screen.

I'm a little concerned that the Laramie will have a little less resale than the limited but I typically don't swap out my truck very often, I've currently got an 06 Nissan Titan that I've put almost 250,000 miles on. Which if I do again I don't think the resale difference will matter much at that point.

Thanks

I had the exact same worry in terms of that awful grill. I solved it though by getting a Longhorn grille which fits the limited and getting it painted Maximum Steel (the color of my limited). Now everything is exactly as I wanted it. Other than that, you can option a Longhorn exactly like a Limited (except for the Limited interior design) but it will cost you more than a Limited.

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
I put a Longhorn grille on my Limited and had it painted body color. It looks awesome and it was still less than the Longhorn.

EZout

Reaction score
I dislike the Limited grille also. Cost to of a Longhorn grille replacement painted to match the body color?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Went Limited, mainly because I wanted an interior similar to the luxury vehicles I've owned in the past. That is not to say that the Laramie is not nice, but I did not want the "cowboy look" that the Laramie has. Never liked it.
I also much like the front grille and lighting. Different strokes for different folks.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve done an extended warranty on every truck I’ve ever owned. GMC, Ford and RAM. Have gotten my money’s worth on all of them. I do put about 25k - 35k a year on them though so for me it’s always the extended warranty for mileage vs time.
I agree. I got the lifetime warranty on this bad boy.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Another reason why I dislike power running boards is if you live in snowbound areas. you can basically get them snowed in and trying to open up when you open the door, but end up stuck on ice. It makes damaging them much easier.

I don't have that problem here in Texas, but go to anyplace in the north and it's a decent problem for these trucks.

rbram

Reaction score
Went Limited, mainly because I wanted an interior similar to the luxury vehicles I've owned in the past. That is not to say that the Laramie is not nice, but I did not want the "cowboy look" that the Laramie has. Never liked it.
I also much like the front grille and lighting. Different strokes for different folks.

Cheers,
Do you mean the laramie longhorn? I have had 2 laramie 2500s and now a laramie 1500 and i always get that trim bc they dont have the cowboy look. I agree that Ive never liked it either. I think the limiteds have that western stitching on middle console and doors though.

rbram

Reaction score
I actually brought home a limited but took it back bc it had a smashed antenna but really because i wanted all black no chrome and a longer bed that the limited didnt have. I had the dealer find me the laramie loaded with everything. Both have things i liked. I liked the limited's Bi-LED part of the light but like the overall design of the laramie's headlight. The limited's leather is definitely better and i liked the cluster better. The air ride rode great but not so much i had to have it plus I might lift mine so didn't need it. Other than minor things, I have a 12" screen, leather, all black, power boards so for me it was a laramie.

Rjhagner

Reaction score
I’ve done an extended warranty on every truck I’ve ever owned. GMC, Ford and RAM. Have gotten my money’s worth on all of them. I do put about 25k - 35k a year on them though so for me it’s always the extended warranty for mileage vs time.
Glad to hear you say that! I also bought the extended warranty on my Longhorn. I NEVER buy warranties on any product, and felt like the “finance guy” might have been hard selling me...

Users who are viewing this thread