5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loaded Laramie vs Limited

cruz-in

Reaction score
Glad to hear you say that! I also bought the extended warranty on my Longhorn. I NEVER buy warranties on any product, and felt like the “finance guy” might have been hard selling me...

Check online, you can get the Mopar warranty way cheaper than the dealer . The finance Folks at dealers make way more money than salesman because that is where the profit is.

1) They charge way more than you can get a similar warrranty online for.
2) usually (although not always) they sell third party warranties. Not Official Chrysler Waranties. They make more money on third party warranties.

For a great deal on an Official Chrysled Warranty click below. You may be able to cancel the one you purchased thru the dealer and save some serious money while getting an offigcial Chrylser warranty.

Clikc Here For Crysler Factory Warranty Plans

Last edited:

Epkefive

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Limited. I knew I wanted the extended warranty based upon my several years of experience. After reading these posts, I went online, reviewed options and printed out the quotes. When I was at dealer I brought up that I wanted extended warranty. As you all experienced, it was much more expensive. I told them if they wanted business they would have to match price. After several back and forth, they did. Worst case is I wasted some time and would have gone home and purchased online.

alangsam

Reaction score
These were the reasons I went with the Laramie also. I thought I would miss the headlights but after living with the Laramie lights and seeing multiple Limited lights at the dealership over my order period I have come to like the Laramie lights better. Would have been nice to get the rear cooled seats though!
I think you would be better off at resale buying the limited and then getting a grille and hood painted and installed.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does a lifetime warranty cost?
The longest listed is 8 years.
Also, being from Florida sucks as it is always more.
I paid $2,950 for the lifetime warranty. I didn’t know Mopar offered lifetime until 11/30 of last year. Lifetime warranty was no longer going to be offered on 12/1. So I got it that same damn day and cancelled the original extended warranty. I got lucky. Got it few hours before the deadline. How much did you pay for your warranty and how long?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prefer the headlights of the Laramie. That’s why I went that route. The headlights on the limited are to squinty for my taste. Need something big and bulgy up front. Plus they didn’t offer the black package on the limited.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I paid $2,950 for the lifetime warranty. I didn’t know Mopar offered lifetime until 11/30 of last year. Lifetime warranty was no longer going to be offered on 12/1. So I got it that same **** day and cancelled the original extended warranty. I got lucky. Got it few hours before the deadline. How much did you pay for your warranty and how long?

I am still in the "shopping" phase but have purchased warranties for other vehicles and in Florida it costs more.
I also used the above URL (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com) and entered 2 quotes. One for FL and one for any other state.
The FL quote is about $1,000 more for the exact same warranty.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
So what I would really like is a 2020 limited 1500 in white with the night edition package. what would I have to spend to replicate that package after buying a normal limited? What did I expect to get for the rims that come on the truck? The alternative would be of course like this thread talks about to buy a Laramie night edition and load it out.

Utahjazzman

Reaction score
So what I would really like is a 2020 limited 1500 in white with the night edition package. what would I have to spend to replicate that package after buying a normal limited? What did I expect to get for the rims that come on the truck? The alternative would be of course like this thread talks about to buy a Laramie night edition and load it out.
This is what I want but the dealer can’t order night edition and off road package, even though there’s one sitting on another dealers lot that has both. That one doesn’t have all the things I want.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
So you know of a dealer that has a limited with the night edition? Not a black limited with the blackout edition.... That one is not what I mean. I I'm not aware of them being able to order the night addition on the limited.

Reaction score
The people that chose the Laramie over the Limited because they can not afford the Limited. Lmao. Just kidding.

For me the leather in a Laramie felt cheap. It didn’t feel like real leather. Plus some of the trim pieces in a Laramie are plastic rather than leather. Plus that bronze trim around the 12” screen is too western looking for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utahjazzman

Reaction score
So you know of a dealer that has a limited with the night edition? Not a black limited with the blackout edition.... That one is not what I mean. I I'm not aware of them being able to order the night addition on the limited.
Sorry. Laramie with night edition.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
The night edition talks about special leather on the Laramie. Does it upgrade it? And does it do anything to the dash do mitigate the Western theme that has been talked about above?

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
and what would it cost me to roll my own night edition if I bought a white limited and wanted to put all of the night edition pieces on there aftermarket? Is it possible? Meeting without major surgery or spending a crap load of money.

beta379

Reaction score
and what would it cost me to roll my own night edition if I bought a white limited and wanted to put all of the night edition pieces on there aftermarket? Is it possible? Meeting without major surgery or spending a crap load of money.

So those parents aren't available as they haven't been released yet. The black limited are barely making it on the lots now. I was wanting the all black look on the truck but limited trim. Thankfully they came out with it for 2020 instead of me building up a laramie. It was almost the same cost but I would be missing some of the exclusive limited items.

You could always do aftermarkets dip for parts but it adds up. And they will all say they wish they had the OEM parts as the finish isn't as nice or they don't age well. It's going to be lots of $$$ to replace parts. You can figure out for yourself how much the parts would cost from the dealer. Just tell them you want the standard parts and not black and that would give you a ballpark. These are the parts that are easily replaceable with some mechanical know how.
  • Black Tow Hooks
  • Black Badges
  • Black Headlamp & Taillamp Bezels
  • Sport Performance Hood
  • Removing Chrome side trim
  • Chrome Mirror Caps
These items you'd have to take to a shop to do probably unless you are really skilled.
  • Black Exhaust Tips
  • Black Window Trim Moldings
  • Paint door and tailgate handles
Honestly it's not worth the cost right now. Probably next year or later this year they will replace a night package for the limited as well. It doesn't make financial sense to keep the limited only with black appearance when there is money to be made. They obviously did it with the laramie trim and will do it with the limited as they will have parts to do it.

I think the person that has done the most is user Chado20. Contact him and he could probably give you an idea. He has done an amazing job making his white.

Last edited:

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
After looking at the Black appearance package limited more, I think I will just go that route. Looks pretty killer.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Is there a dealer that is known in the forum to call for great prices for an extended warranty or maintenance plan on new Rams?

Users who are viewing this thread