5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE: Watch The Unveiling Of The Ram 1500 Revolution BEV Concept From CES 2023

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood. Sure thought the bed was part of the cab allowing that pass through, etc, etc. If it is a separate bed then it's not so much of a problem, but the Avalanche didn't last long for a reason.

Would like to see what it looks like without the bed if that is the case.

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
I like it a lot. Some stuff is a bit too much. "shadow mode" seems like someone is going to run themselves over with their truck, "exterior project" just seems useless. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the midgate drop. I am surprised that GM hadn't patented that. I see 2 major problems with this.
1 - Price. This thing is going to be 150K theres no way normal people will be able to afford them.
2 - HOW THE HELL is mopar just releasing an EV truck concept while Ford has theirs on the road already and GM will very soon.

Phoon

Reaction score
Very cool! I think EV trucks will remain primarily lifestyle trucks for the near future- gas and hybrid trucks will continue alongside for those of us that want traditional trucks, and those that need towing range and some more affordability.

Ralph Gilles said the ICE trucks will continue to look different than the EV, you will be able to spot the EV a mile away.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood. Sure thought the bed was part of the cab allowing that pass through, etc, etc. If it is a separate bed then it's not so much of a problem, but the Avalanche didn't last long for a reason.

Would like to see what it looks like without the bed if that is the case.
On the video it shows the bed folding down into the cab.

And people think the leaks from the rear window are bad, just wait until your entire back "door" leaks into your cab LOL.

NJT3

Reaction score
A) short window height...I love my 1500 height and not squint for back window... And so better have an opening sunroof.
B) avalanche... bueller bueller anyone anyone?
C) better fit a sheet of plywood or sheet rock flat. At least a5'6 bed before the avalanche door.
D) like the pass through will be good for things like surf cast rods ...piping, long 2x4
E) let's remove this big ice engine and moving parts that will save on maintenance... But lets introduce 3x's the moving parts in options that will break and cause maintenance.

Adding
F)And a real instrument display in front of the driver... My wife already calls me out on swerving operating the 12inch so much debating getting the 8inch for next with manual controls as also don't always want a screen on to operate my heater/air controls.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like it a lot. Some stuff is a bit too much. "shadow mode" seems like someone is going to run themselves over with their truck, "exterior project" just seems useless. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the midgate drop. I am surprised that GM hadn't patented that. I see 2 major problems with this.
1 - Price. This thing is going to be 150K theres no way normal people will be able to afford them.
2 - HOW THE HELL is mopar just releasing an EV truck concept while Ford has theirs on the road already and GM will very soon.
Ram took longer to develope their EVs for two reasons. First the popularity of the Hemi and the demand for it. And second, to spend more time in development, let the other manufacturers be the test mukes for what works and what doesnt.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ONLY thing that makes this truck even remotely appealing is the "range extender" option which apparently uses an ICE to keep the electric motor battery charged...somewhat similar to how a locomotive works on freight trains in a loose way.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ram took longer to develope their EVs for two reasons. First the popularity of the Hemi and the demand for it. And second, to spend more time in development, let the other manufacturers be the test mukes for what works and what doesnt.
Yeah, I don't think it's those reasons.
No one that owns a Ford or GM was thinking, "wow I hate this v8, I want an EV truck".
No one asked for a Hummer EV.

The concept video looks fake as hell with the features they are proposing. able to see objects like x-ray vision? Come on that's not real and going to be in the truck.
I don't believe even half of those features will exist in the next 5 years at a minimum.

Ram hasn't developed it yet, it's just a concept. The F150 lighting is developed and exists.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought we already saw the concept truck awhile back. Figured they would be showing the actual production model by now. If they wanna get in on the EV market they’re dropping the ball if you ask me. If they can greatly extend the battery range working off others failures that’s great but by the time this goes into production the so called EV craze may be on the downslide especially if we get an administration in DC that doesn’t buy into the green stuff anymore and reverses a lot of restraints put on auto companies right now. 2 years ago this may not have happened and the Challenger/Charger and trucks with Hemi’s would not be getting axed.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No one that owns a Ford or GM was thinking, "wow I hate this v8, I want an EV truck".

The concept video looks fake as hell with the features they are proposing. able to see objects like x-ray vision? Come on that's not real and going to be in the truck.
I don't believe even half of those features will exist in the next 5 years at a minimum.

Ram hasn't developed it yet, it's just a concept. The F150 lighting is developed and exists.
I'm gonna agree with @HSKR R/T and IMO it was wise for ram to wait it out and go last
And I will add that they probably were being cautious and knew the market share/ the target number of buyers was and is getting more narrow so no need to rush in and try to be the first
Based on statements I have seen out of Toyota's CEO he knows this but seems like Toyota is being corner into making a faster transition into ev's than they would want
Like @Phoon said it, EV trucks will remain lifestyle vehicles for some time for those that can afford it,
me, I am max out at $60-65K
So many people are max out at $30K
How many people live in apartments with out a way to charge at home
How bad are ev's doing in the cold and towing
So brands have to start and be ready for like California in 2035 which I think its an unrealistic goal but for now the potential buyer is limited by any number of reasons
For the most part the concept truck is awesome, I am very interested in seeing what actual things make it into production and agree with you the video was not done great and some thing are obviously not going to make it and are not needed.
Although early this year I was exited about the Lighting and even was considering it. Now I don't see my self in an EV in this decade

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

iPhones and iPads have had LiDAR scanners for a while now, and apps that take advantage of them for 3D scanning and measurement are getting better. It wouldn’t be that much of a stretch to leverage these capabilities in a vehicle. Then again, Ram would be better off just providing stellar CarPlay and AA integration than continuing to develop their own UI/UX.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
iPhones and iPads have had LiDAR scanners for a while now, and apps that take advantage of them for 3D scanning and measurement are getting better. It wouldn’t be that much of a stretch to leverage these capabilities in a vehicle. Then again, Ram would be better off just providing stellar CarPlay and AA integration than continuing to develop their own UI/UX.
Have you even used uConnect lol?
You trust Ram to do anything with electronics right?
They can't even get radio units right LOL.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you even used uConnect lol?
You trust Ram to do anything with electronics right?
They can't even get radio units right LOL.
My uconnect4 works great. More intuitive, and easier to navigate than my wife's 2020 Traverse. They pushed Uconnect 5 to market too soon IMO. And the guys with 2022s are paying the price for being the guinea pigs and working out the glitches.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UC4 in my Ram is great, UC5 for my inlaws Pacifica is flat out dangerous. Brings new meaning to distracted driving

NJT3

Reaction score
How about a real hybrid? Not just eTorque.
Toyota is only scrambling cause they are and still betting on hydrogen fuel cells... More like triple downed lol.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out the YouTube video that was posted at the top. TFL trucks have a 20 minute long video where they are getting in and out of the truck and doing a few things they’re allowed to do while it is in demo mode. They said only two have been physically made so far.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about a real hybrid? Not just eTorque.
Toyota is only scrambling cause they are and still betting on hydrogen fuel cells... More like triple downed lol.

I agree, and have been saying this for so long. It would be great if the industry would perfect hybrid technology instead of this full on either way crap.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A) short window height...I love my 1500 height and not squint for back window... And so better have an opening sunroof.
B) avalanche... bueller bueller anyone anyone?
C) better fit a sheet of plywood or sheet rock flat. At least a5'6 bed before the avalanche door.
D) like the pass through will be good for things like surf cast rods ...piping, long 2x4
E) let's remove this big ice engine and moving parts that will save on maintenance... But lets introduce 3x's the moving parts in options that will break and cause maintenance.

Adding
F)And a real instrument display in front of the driver... My wife already calls me out on swerving operating the 12inch so much debating getting the 8inch for next with manual controls as also don't always want a screen on to operate my heater/air controls.
Tfl said the bed is at least 5'7" but sounded like it might be even longer before the mid-gate. I have anyways had a 6'4" bed and love that length but could probably live with a shorter bed with the Mid-gate option. I'm very curious about how a topper could look and work with this for a really great rig for camping etc.

Users who are viewing this thread