5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE: Watch The Unveiling Of The Ram 1500 Revolution BEV Concept From CES 2023

DennisY

Reaction score
Parts of it are cool, but the logos are getting way out of control. The Rams already say “Ram” or have a Ram logo on the grill, headlights, taillights, tailgate, wheels, door sills, seats, hood, steering wheel, console, glovebox and I’m sure I’m missing a few. And now the logos have lights? Good lord, this is bordering insanity with the logos. Why, why, why?

Cuz some of us like that. Blacked out to the max isn't for all of us.

DennisY

Reaction score
It looks cool, but obviously a lifestyle truck. Not going to work for a lot of folks with a unibody.

Also, can't understand why EV's need so many fancy lights everywhere. Heck use some of that power to increase the range. Maybe it could tow a trailer.

500 mile range isn't enough for you?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

He didn’t say anything about being blacked out or not tho. He just said that “RAM” is plastered everywhere inside & out of the truck & I’d have to agree it’s way out of hand. Inside the headlights, outside the taillights, everywhere you look the brand is reminding you of what you drive. Seems wasteful from a production standpoint. 2 best trucks I’ve owned so far, but the logo’s are annoying. Has nothing to do with color. We just prefer them…gone. But could handle a few here & there I suppose. I’m going to count them tomorrow now.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I didn’t mention blacked out anything, I mentioned lighting the logos and the number of logos. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with a lighted logo, not for me, but not a big deal. I’m the kind of guy that can look at a vehicle that is not my style, that someone has obviously spent a lot of money, time and labor on and still have an great deal of respect and appreciation of what they have created. I‘m just pointing out the completely absurd amount of logos on the Ram and now they want to light them. In the next few years, I fully expect the Ram to have a logo on every single body panel or they will just build a truck in the shape of the letters R A M and put wheels on it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Ram, but I don’t need 300 logos on it to tell me and everyone on the planet what I drive. I just don’t understand why they HAVE to do this.
At least Ram respects their buyers enough to adhere most of the body logos with double stick tape so they are easily removed instead of the way Ford does it with pins and holes in the bodywork that costs thousands of dollars to have filled and repainted.

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not saying there is anything wrong with a lighted logo, not for me, but not a big deal. I’m the kind of guy that can look at a butt ugly, to me, vehicle that someone has obviously spent a lot of money, time and labor on and still have an great deal of respect and appreciation of what they have created. I‘m just pointing out the completely absurd amount of logos on the Ram and now they want to light them. In the next few years, I fully expect the Ram to have a logo on every single body panel or they will just build a truck in the shape of RAM and put wheels on it. I love my Ram, but I don’t need 300 logos on it to tell me and everyone on the planet what I drive.
At least Ram respects their buyers enough to adhere most of the body logos with double stick tape so they are easily removed instead of the way Ford does it with pins and holes in the bodywork that costs thousands of dollars to have filled and repainted.
I’m with you. Lighting them up is just over the top and quite tacky.

Actually I don’t care for the RAM grill lettering on the current trucks either. Give me a basic ram horn emblem like before and I would be much happier. I hate the look of GMC’s front end for the same reason. At least Chevy has it right with the Bowtie. Everyone knows exactly what it is without plastering CHEVROLET all over the grill.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Actually I don’t care for the RAM grill lettering on the current trucks either. Give me a basic ram horn emblem like before and I would be much happier. I hate the look of GMC’s front end for the same reason. At least Chevy has it right with the Bowtie. Everyone knows exactly what it is without plastering CHEVROLET all over the grill.

I know it will never happen, but I wish I could buy a Ram without any logos. A lot of the manufacturers are now contouring body panels so the logos fit in the contours making it pointless to remove them for a clean look, like the tailgate on my Ram. That really sucks. Anyway, back to the topic on the thread. This concept truck has some really cool features.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Well, there is this. 🤣
Screenshot_20230106_214414_Chrome.jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m extremely slowly attempting to design an overlay for the front Ram emblem to somewhat match the 2 on the sides to try to blend it all in together. We’ll see how it turns out. Then I’ll have to talk to someone with a 3D printer to figure out how to bring the idea to life. RockKrawler is right though, I’ll try to stay on topic…for now. 😁

slatersan

Reaction score
Lots of cool and exciting stuff, and some stuff I hope dies on the vine and stays in the concept and away from production. Overly badged and illuminated logos? Pass. Suicide doors? hard pass. Excited to see the physical concept, but also disappointed that more specs aren't provided/the production design isnt further along.

Can't see this being in any way affordable for most.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Personally I like illuminated logos, but only when there is a logo already.
My Silverado I had an illuminated black bowtie on my grill. Nowhere did I have anything that said Chevy except the words Silverado on the back (small logo).
It was more for the light and how cool it looked, not to broadcast the brand.

Besides the front grill or hood, and steering wheel. I don't see a point for brand markers. Even the inside of my taillights say Ram lol.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of cool and exciting stuff, and some stuff I hope dies on the vine and stays in the concept and away from production. Overly badged and illuminated logos? Pass. Suicide doors? hard pass. Excited to see the physical concept, but also disappointed that more specs aren't provided/the production design isnt further along.

Can't see this being in any way affordable for most.
Read a car and driver article today that mentioned the suicide doors won't be on the production truck - just meant to show off the interior for the reveal.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Read a car and driver article today that mentioned the suicide doors won't be on the production truck - just meant to show off the interior for the reveal.
Well that reduces the price by $4,000.
If anyone is shocked that the video shows fake stuff then welcome to the real world lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that reduces the price by $4,000.
If anyone is shocked that the video shows fake stuff then welcome to the real world lol.
It's a concept of course it's going to have features that won't be in production.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Parts of it are cool, but the logos are getting way out of control. The Rams already say “Ram” or have a Ram logo on the grill, headlights, taillights, tailgate, wheels, door sills, seats, hood, steering wheel, console, glovebox and I’m sure I’m missing a few. And now the logos have lights? Good lord, this is bordering insanity with the logos. Why, why, why?

So you can be a rolling free advert for Ram.

Steve

Last edited:

blue_by_you

Reaction score
i dont know why people still think every truck is going to tow something therefore must have equivalent diesel towing capabilities. That is 1% or less of the truck owner population. Move on, the rest of us want something for our actual daily use. 500 miles of electric range is awesome for the 99% of us truck owners.

Regarding styling, i wish they would not put these massive screens in them. I dont want that. they are so big they look like an after thought just bolted onto the dash. I also do not want a midgate. I've owned 2 Chevy Avalanches and they were great trucks but never used the midgate. Because of this setup I wasn't able to fold the seat bottoms up and take advantage of the full floorboard. GM EV trucks dont allow this, looks like RAM is doing the same which means I cannot go with either.

lastly, much like the TRX and Hummer EV why do they keep making these vehicles so massive and offroad oriented? I want a street truck with 8-10 inches of ground clearance (like the Laramie, Silverado, Sierra etc.) and normal size tires (31"-33") not some massive bro truck. the performance of these EV setups would be that much better of they werent having to turn massive tires/wheels and huge bodies.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i dont know why people still think every truck is going to tow something therefore must have equivalent diesel towing capabilities. That is 1% or less of the truck owner population. Move on, the rest of us want something for our actual daily use. 500 miles of electric range is awesome for the 99% of us truck owners.

Regarding styling, i wish they would not put these massive screens in them. I dont want that. they are so big they look like an after thought just bolted onto the dash. I also do not want a midgate. I've owned 2 Chevy Avalanches and they were great trucks but never used the midgate. Because of this setup I wasn't able to fold the seat bottoms up and take advantage of the full floorboard. GM EV trucks dont allow this, looks like RAM is doing the same which means I cannot go with either.

lastly, much like the TRX and Hummer EV why do they keep making these vehicles so massive and offroad oriented? I want a street truck with 8-10 inches of ground clearance (like the Laramie, Silverado, Sierra etc.) and normal size tires (31"-33") not some massive bro truck. the performance of these EV setups would be that much better of they werent having to turn massive tires/wheels and huge bodies.
People want full size trucks, even the average truck owner. If they didntz they would buy one if he midsize options. So they are going to build EVs to suit the size of truck a majority of the owners want. As far as tires, they can go smaller and hopefully there will be a 2wd option. This is just a concept truck. They are always going to go all out on the concept to make it stand out

Users who are viewing this thread