5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE: Watch The Unveiling Of The Ram 1500 Revolution BEV Concept From CES 2023

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Meet The Ram 1500 Revolution BEV Concept!​

This Concept Previews The Way For The Upcoming All-Electric Ram 1500...​

1672973016555.png

The Ram Truck brand has always been known for pushing the boundaries and setting new standards in the pickup truck segment. Their latest concept vehicle, the Ram 1500 Revolution battery-electric vehicle (BEV) Concept, is no exception. Introduced today at CES 2023 in Las Vegas is a groundbreaking electric pickup that will be the road map for how Ram plans to redefine the full-size pickup segment once again.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks cool, but obviously a lifestyle truck. Not going to work for a lot of folks with a unibody.

Also, can't understand why EV's need so many fancy lights everywhere. Heck use some of that power to increase the range. Maybe it could tow a trailer.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the implementation of the Ram boxes, the new MFT (multi-function tailgate), the pass-thru that allows one to safely and easily carry a few 18 ft boards, PVC pipe, etc.
I wish Ram would implement the built-in, under-bed "Ram Ramps" they patented several years ago
I'm holding out for the gas/electric hybrid range-extender version.
Being a pure concept vehicle, it's pretty wild and much of it will not make it to production, but I kind of dig the "coke bottle" styling with the integrated side steps.

. Ram-Ramps-patent.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not a big EV proponent in general, particularly in a truck platform as I tow heavy and need extended range but there's a lot to be excited about with this new concept. Offering this in an HD and with a hybrid "range Extender" option would be a big step for Ram.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! on the futures and interior.
Sure hope that 6 seat, 3rd row seating makes it to production and to mid $ models not just higher end models.
Its a winner on exterior and looks for the most part IMO
Just need to tone down the front a bit. And tone down the rear a lot, they made rear a square mirror image of the front so people can't mistaken it even if they were blind

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram “Creators Series” Highlights The Design Process Of The Revolution Concept​

A Look Behind The Scenes With The Ram Design Studio...​

1672995594605.png

Love it or hate it, the electrified age of vehicles is here. Ram unveiled its Ram 1500 Revolution Battery-Electric (BEV) Concept on Thursday evening, showcasing the automaker’s innovation ideas for where it plans on taking its future lineup of BEV vehicles.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd say you're probably right but I'm hopeful that they'll also wanna compete with Ford and offer some lower than 100k.

I absolutely love it. Too bad it'll be like $90,000.

1000001425.jpg

Doesn't matter what the sticker is..... The dealers will get really stupid and add a market adjustment. This picture is from earlier this week in Pennsylvania. A $45,000 market adjustment (62% over MSRP) on a 2022 Lightning.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks cool, but obviously a lifestyle truck. Not going to work for a lot of folks with a unibody.

Also, can't understand why EV's need so many fancy lights everywhere. Heck use some of that power to increase the range. Maybe it could tow a trailer.
It's body on frame. AFAIK it may be the only ev truck to be that way. Apparently GMC claims the denali isn't unibody but the body is bonded to the battery. On the ram revolution website they have a cutaway and you can see the frame.

View attachment 148024

Doesn't matter what the sticker is..... The dealers will get really stupid and add a market adjustment. This picture is from earlier this week in Pennsylvania. A $45,000 market adjustment (62% over MSRP) on a 2022 Lightning.

Extremely valid point. From my understanding Ford and some of the other manufacturers are trying to cut down on this. One way they're trying to do that is offer EV sales direct to consumers. This isn't possible for ICE vehicles currently due to legislation requiring vehicles to be purchased from a dealer. That's why Tesla has been able to do it without a huge dealership network for so long. I want to say several of the CEOs have been vocal against mark ups and have threatened retaliation. Now, if that's just a tactic to save face I can't tell you but that's what they're presenting to their customers about wanting to fix it.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In the end, they are going to make "affordable" EV trucks, as in the near future, they will simply be trucks. GM made it a point that the majority of their first batches of Silverado EVs will be work spec trucks at competitive prices.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's body on frame. AFAIK it may be the only ev truck to be that way. Apparently GMC claims the denali isn't unibody but the body is bonded to the battery. On the ram revolution website they have a cutaway and you can see the frame.

Extremely valid point. From my understanding Ford and some of the other manufacturers are trying to cut down on this. One way they're trying to do that is offer EV sales direct to consumers. This isn't possible for ICE vehicles currently due to legislation requiring vehicles to be purchased from a dealer. That's why Tesla has been able to do it without a huge dealership network for so long. I want to say several of the CEOs have been vocal against mark ups and have threatened retaliation. Now, if that's just a tactic to save face I can't tell you but that's what they're presenting to their customers about wanting to fix it.

It may have a frame, but a one piece body is still not going to work for many buyers.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I'm excited for about 90% of that truck but we shall see what features end up making it to the production model.
I'll be looking for the hybrid model with the diesel generator for range extention. They need to be affordable so I'm guessing they will be in the $90-$115K range for base models and finish around $125-$135 for top models with the full 500 mile range.

Not a fan of the unibody styling that EV's seem to be following. Suicide doors sound cool but I missed if you have to open the front doors first to allow the rears to open.?.?.? That would kill that feature for me.

I love the lifted sides to expose the Ram boxes ever since Deberti Designs showcased it on their Ford Chase truck at Sema back in 2018. I highly doubt that makes it to production but now that it's been seen, it will be rerleased as an aftermarket kit. Deberti took orders for something like 4 yrs worth of production in just a few days when they finally released their kits for pre-order.
I tired to find a link on their site to see where they are at with production and don't even see it so I wonder if the design got bought or if it was too complicated to bring to market as anything other than a one off custom build. Love the tailgate drawer too!
deberti2_4019c28d2c2e714f47717c51ecb8e855ba36c04d.jpg

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It may have a frame, but a one piece body is still not going to work for many buyers.
What scenarios are you thinking that it wouldn't work? Just legitimately asking because there may be something I'm not thinking of. I'd imagine with it being built on a frame then a work truck variant will have the ability to have a flat bed without much compromise/strain on production.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean by a one piece body? It’s built on a frame, and the bed is separate from the cab. Stylistically, I don’t care for the way the bed juts into the cab (or the rear of the cab overhangs the bed), but it’s still separate.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The concept vehicle is so awesome! But I'm waiting to see what the actual production vehicle comes out to be. And of course, the price.

Users who are viewing this thread