5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X or drop-in?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I went outside to install the utility rails and cargo divider today. After propping up dual liner for quite some time here...well they disappointed me quite a bit. This is the wear and tear after only 7months

And none of the holes line up anywhere close to the mounting points

7dd36c0fd738e1aeffd27510799bf88d.jpg

f2bbf3de5bc32580f8db7224de0295da.jpg

6538d1cb52983a84fe1d3cd1b5c4473d.jpg

2ec8217808bb2d068023f8b6bd0d5a44.jpg

cff33a8610e47ed54f5acb3fe242f3d7.jpg

d00eb38de95ec58356b8cb3dd78aa524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that looks about right. Anything that's hard plastic will always brush against the paint at least a little. I think that's why most people recommend at least a quick base layer of protection...where the contact points are at the very least.

Just Ram!

Reaction score
Yes that looks about right. Anything that's hard plastic will always brush against the paint at least a little. I think that's why most people recommend at least a quick base layer of protection...where the contact points are at the very least.
Just a quick base layer of line-x to protect the bed, from the liner, that protects the bed. :LOL:

The design of that dualliner is what is causing the damage so quickly. Debris gets under the edges of the mat and is introduced directly to the contact points. It is disappointing for $400.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick base layer of line-x to protect the bed, from the liner, that protects the bed. :LOL:

The design of that dualliner is what is causing the damage so quickly. Debris gets under the edges of the mat and is introduced directly to the contact points. It is disappointing for $400.
I know...it's crazy! Lol.

barakalesso

Reaction score
I have a wooden box that is pretty big that I collect sawdust in and it doesn't slide easily in or out, but it will slide if you just push a little harder.Nox Vidmate VLC

Giogranda85

Reaction score
Smartliner
View attachment 67954 View attachment 67955 View attachment 67956 View attachment 67957
How is it sliding things in? Do things slide in smoothly as it might in a plastic bed liner?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How is it sliding things in? Do things slide in smoothly as it might in a plastic bed liner?
It's pretty grippy, I would say it has more grip than my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 mat as there is texture on the Smartliner mat vs smooth rubber on the 2001.

I also installed the Duraliner tailgate cover as per post 78. Very happy with that as it fits well, designed to take and impact and can use it to slide material into the truck. The Weathertech looked like it was designed for a soccer mom and won't protect the tailgate from heavy odd shaped objects.

I also have a Westin mat that Carid sent me, fits like crap, looks like 3 batches of used tires were used to make it, I believe I was sent an interim fit, neither Westin or Carid answered an email. Wasn't worth the hassle to return it or pursue but both companies get no more business and a big (n) and :poop:. I throw it into the bed if I'm picking up block for walls and such for added protection. The blocks are odd shaped and 72 lbs. each.

smblt

Reaction score
Here it is...looks like this in the entire bed...from moving a damn sectional sofa...once. Still think spray on is best? Lol

You used a roll on kit, didn't you? Not exactly the same and really depends on what you bought and how it was applied.

Users who are viewing this thread