5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X or drop-in?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So one guy had an issue and suddenly spray on is a death sentence lmao. Could be the prep too. Go get it fixed. Again I’ve moved furniture several times as well as rigid toolboxes in my previous truck almost trying see if I could damage it without any hiccups.. non what’s so ever that’s with and without a rubber mat.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So one guy had an issue and suddenly spray on is a death sentence lmao. Could be the prep too. Go get it fixed. Again I’ve moved furniture several times as well as rigid toolboxes in my previous truck almost trying see if I could damage it without any hiccups.. non what’s so ever that’s with and without a rubber mat.
Do you have a factory spray on, or an aftermarket spray on? They are VERY different. Factory spray in liners are the best kind. (Aftermarket meaning...LineX or Rhino)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Previous truck had Line X, today’s truck has the factory spray on. I only comment on the Line X because I know I put that through it’s paces. Time will tell with the new truck when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I honestly would have done linex if they weren’t asking $900 here in NY to do it. That being said the dual liner floor mat is great, thick and has a level of traction/sticky that is pretty good at reducing slide and movement in the BWS.

My only complaint with dual liner is that the tailgate cover isn’t secured with screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeaaaah I wouldn’t pay $900 lol that’s robbery I think I paid around $450-500 for the premium version that was done when I was working a job in Ohio.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeaaaah I wouldn’t pay $900 lol that’s robbery I think I paid around $450-500 for the premium version that was done when I was working a job in Ohio.

Yeah I’ve seen everyone else’s prices on this forum and I can’t help but throw my hands up lol

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any vacations plan lol drop it off somewhere else if you make a trip and take the ram!

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any vacations plan lol drop it off somewhere else if you make a trip and take the ram!

That’s actually not a horrible idea lol

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And remember if you have a warranty issue you can handle it wherever your local Line X is at.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Previous truck had Line X, today’s truck has the factory spray on. I only comment on the Line X because I know I put that through it’s paces. Time will tell with the new truck when the time comes.

I don't know...it's not like I'm 100% against the spray on... but it seems like out here in the desert heat ....EVERYONE is complaining about it. It must have something to do with the high heat because when I was in AZ my factory spray on in my F-150 didn't give me any problems. And now that my liner is peeling off in my Ram....I'm Pissed!

Wsmith

Reaction score
Spray in liners are all in the preparation. A quality shop will do the proper prep. On my old 2009 F150, I was pretty impressed that it had a factory spray in liner, they didn't seem to be too common back then. Anyway it peeled up within 2 years. You could actually pull it up. No paint prep was done. Had it removed and line x installed. No more problems. Maybe factory liners have improved, but back then it went from spray booth to liner with no prep to the paint. It just won't stick.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spray in liners are all in the preparation. A quality shop will do the proper prep. On my old 2009 F150, I was pretty impressed that it had a factory spray in liner, they didn't seem to be too common back then. Anyway it peeled up within 2 years. You could actually pull it up. No paint prep was done. Had it removed and line x installed. No more problems. Maybe factory liners have improved, but back then it went from spray booth to liner with no prep to the paint. It just won't stick.
It's true that prep is important but I'm still convinced that in my case it had something to do with the heat here in Vegas...it's the only thing that makes sense.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I have to assume this would be covered be linex warranty?

It won't. Line-X warranty covers bubbles and peeling. Not scratches, chips or fade.

BTW, I've ended up buying drop-in from Pendaliner. Paid $300, installed within 20 minutes (where 15 minutes is cleaning the bed and waxing it to protect). I'm happy with the result - skid resistance is phenomenal, with no damage to cargo.

Attachments

• 20200905_041612361_iOS.jpg
    20200905_041612361_iOS.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 65

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It won't. Line-X warranty covers bubbles and peeling. Not scratches, chips or fade.

BTW, I've ended up buying drop-in from Pendaliner. Paid $300, installed within 20 minutes (where 15 minutes is cleaning the bed and waxing it to protect). I'm happy with the result - skid resistance is phenomenal, with no damage to cargo.
That's a good deal...and looks nice. You're correct about the LineX crap warranty though. However...even though mine is peeling due to normal use...still not covered. So I might have to either have it removed or just put in a drop-in over it..smh.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nice...looks really good. How is the lip on the tailgate cover?

My single gripe with the duraliner is that is loose on the bottoms near the hinge. Not necessarily their fault as there’s no place to put a screw. I’ve read some on people drilling and doing it themselves to tighten up the for, but I’d really want to see a video or something before I did that.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice...looks really good. How is the lip on the tailgate cover?

My single gripe with the duraliner is that is loose on the bottoms near the hinge. Not necessarily their fault as there’s no place to put a screw. I’ve read some on people drilling and doing it themselves to tighten up the for, but I’d really want to see a video or something before I did that.

I'd think twice about drilling extra holes. What if you decide to remove the liner and/or put something else on...you'd just have extra random holes lol.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd think twice about drilling extra holes. What if you decide to remove the liner and/or put something else on...you'd just have extra random holes lol.

Yep...another reason I haven’t pulled the trigger

Users who are viewing this thread