5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X or drop-in?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep...another reason I haven’t pulled the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since mine has been peeling...I've been looking at the Techliners by weatherTech...just for the bottom of the bed and tailgate (drop in) $235. Haven't found any reviews on it though...

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since mine has been peeling...I've been looking at the Techliners by weatherTech...just for the bottom of the bed and tailgate (drop in) $235. Haven't found any reviews on it though...

I do like how those have the slight cupping at the edges.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Dualliner on my '15 for 5 years and I just told myself to get over it. The fact that the tailgate cover isn't attached at the bottom had zero impact on the way I used the bed and the tailgate. As far as drilling holes go ahead and do it and you can plug them if you have to with some of the plastic nails that are already all over our trucks. I was very happy with the utility of the Dualliner and it's very substantial bed mat. I never worried about damaging the bed like I do with the factory sprayed in liner.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Dualliner on my '15 for 5 years and I just told myself to get over it. The fact that the tailgate cover isn't attached at the bottom had zero impact on the way I used the bed and the tailgate. As far as drilling holes go ahead and do it and you can plug them if you have to with some of the plastic nails that are already all over our trucks. I was very happy with the utility of the Dualliner and it's very substantial bed mat. I never worried about damaging the bed like I do with the factory sprayed in liner.

The mat itself would make me buy one again. It’s SOLID and love the grip it provides.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

1badrebel

Reaction score
Did it smell at all or just the usual rubber smell? I was going to just get a stall mat from tractor supply but tons of reviews say theres a terrible odor that won't go away. Was lookin at the mat you got and just cutting it to fit rambox bed.
I put in the stall mat 2 weeks ago and it is perfect. No odor what so ever.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes that's what I was thinking too. And since I already have the sides sprayed...the bottom and tailgate is all I need for now
I too was worried about the tailgate but the MFT looks like it has replaceable panels, secured with the push in nails....at least that's what it looked like when I briefly studied it.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes that's what I was thinking too. And since I already have the sides sprayed...the bottom and tailgate is all I need for now

Yeah. Looks like best of both worlds? Pull the trigger lol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. Looks like best of both worlds? Pull the trigger lol

I was just about to!...until I realized while on their website that they don't mention an option for the new body style ram bed. So I sent them an email asking about it. If not...I'll get a trailFX liner...similar to Dual liner...but half the cost lol

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just about to!...until I realized while on their website that they don't mention an option for the new body style ram bed. So I sent them an email asking about it. If not...I'll get a trailFX liner...similar to Dual liner...but half the cost lol

Can’t argue with this plan lol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t argue with this plan lol

weatherTech got back to me...they do make the TechLiner for the new body style. I ordered one with a matching tailgate liner. $279 I think it was total (including the $25 shipping charge) but that's Waaay better than some others. TrailFX wanted me to pay $150 to ship to my house....nope. lol.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
weatherTech got back to me...they do make the TechLiner for the new body style. I ordered one with a matching tailgate liner. $279 I think it was total (including the $25 shipping charge) but that's Waaay better than some others. TrailFX wanted me to pay $150 to ship to my house....nope. lol.

Yeah some of these shipping charges I’ve seen online recently have been OUTRAGEOUS

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah some of these shipping charges I’ve seen online recently have been OUTRAGEOUS

It's kind of funny because TrailFX said I could get it shipped free to a local authorized dealer...but the nearest dealer is on the other side of Vegas....long drive lol.

doradosteve

Reaction score
Smartliner
View attachment 67954 View attachment 67955 View attachment 67956 View attachment 67957
Thanks for posting. I’m getting LineX & the Smartliner

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No tailgate liner included with Smartliner. I purchased a Weathertech tailgate liner, good for protecting the paint but it is not so heavy duty. I have not installed it yet and I am thinking of going this route instead:
That's a good price. To me ..seems like all of these tailgate liners are pretty much the same. We'll see when I get my TechLiner in next Wednesday though...

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I went outside to install the utility rails and cargo divider today. After propping up dual liner for quite some time here...well they disappointed me quite a bit. This is the wear and tear after only 7months

7dd36c0fd738e1aeffd27510799bf88d.jpg

f2bbf3de5bc32580f8db7224de0295da.jpg

6538d1cb52983a84fe1d3cd1b5c4473d.jpg

2ec8217808bb2d068023f8b6bd0d5a44.jpg

d00eb38de95ec58356b8cb3dd78aa524.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread