5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with sport hood?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Still considering it. He also said that includes the bezels which evidently need to be purchased separately. I asked if they had any use for my old hood but he said no. I suppose I could try and sell that to offset some of the cost but I am guessing that’s a small market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Even without selling your old hood, that is the deal of a lifetime and I would have done that yesterday ha ha ha. :)

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Shoot for that price I would have driven my truck to Arizona lol...

Barney556180

Reaction score
Had some difficulty finding the new 2019 Laramie I wanted, which included deleting the sport hood. Dealer said no problem; if they found one that otherwise met my requirements, they would swap it out for the regular hood.
As it turned out, my wife liked the Laramie with sport hood, so...
Ended up getting it with a sport hood.
Does show the dealer willing to do what it took.

dracktw

Reaction score
I have a friend who owns a collision center/body shop and we do a little trading on services. I ordered the hood, fasteners, plastic inserts from him and he painted. Something to note is, rarely does a shop panel paint a hood only without blending the fenders. There can be color variations based on metal flake, surface plane differences, paint manufacturer etc. I chose NOT to blend my fenders but understand there could at certain lighting or angles show just a slight variation. The factory actually records your VIN along with paint variances throughout the assembly year and records them for body shops. A paint code is no longer sufficient.

I think my window tint is 20% and my tires are Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/55r22
Here are the parts

Order Content

Part Number

Make

Part Name

List

Price

Quantity

Total

68276297AA

Mopar

Hood

$445.00

$291.03

$291.03​

68402889AB

Mopar

Bezel-Hood

$136.00

$90.13

$90.13​

68292860AC

Mopar

Bezel-Hood

$28.00

$19.32

$19.32​

68292861AC

Mopar

Bezel-Hood

$28.00

$19.32

$19.32​

68310029AB

Mopar

Silencer-Hood

$95.20

$63.38

$63.38​

4878883AA

Mopar

Insulator Retainer

$3.35

$2.90

$40.60​

Subtotal Amount:​

$523.78​

Estimated Current Total:

$523.78​

Would this fit on bighorn?

Volkster

Reaction score
I would rather have a regular hood with my sport package. My biggest complaint is every time I take it through the carwash, those "vents" hold a bunch of soap and then the dryers blow soap all over the front of my truck. I just got the package for the body color bumpers and grill. I wish I could find someone locally with the same color truck as mine that would want to swap hoods.
Thank you! This is exactly why I added the sport hood delete to my order back in November. Got the truck mid-January and love the regular hood on my Pearl White Laramie w/ sport appearance package. Oh, and the 3+ times/week I go through the car wash, I have no trapped soapy water left over on the truck. Another nice thing with this generation is the regular hood still had the extra hump down the middle like the sport hood so It still has that muscular look.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I would just be worried about the longevity of all that plastic. In a few years it's all going to look faded like those poor Avalanches still on the road. I'll stick with the standard hood! 20181223_114850.jpg

Capt Joe

Reaction score
You could protect the plastics with 303 and keep it looking new for years. I don't want and fake louvers or fake vents... Looks cheap and hack. Now if FCA made it serve some function, but the truth is the 5.7 gets all the air and ventilation it needs.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t but if you want it right then it makes sense. There are times I think there is not a match

GoMango16

Reaction score
That hood on a limited would be like hood scoops on a Cadillac....o_O

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That hood on a limited would be like hood scoops on a Cadillac....o_O

Not sure what that means exactly, but take a Limited and remove the chrome, paint the grill and guess what ? You got the same truck except better headlights and more luxury inside. Like the Laramie grille but real happy how my Limited turned out. Many compliments.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would just be worried about the longevity of all that plastic. In a few years it's all going to look faded like those poor Avalanches still on the road. I'll stick with the standard hood! View attachment 19046
Agree that the Avalanches that we’re not cared for looked bad, but if you did a little TLC with protectant fairly frequently they retained their almost new look. So, any automotive plastic trim is susceptible. You just have to protect it.

Users who are viewing this thread