5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with Active Air Dam...

jakemyster84

Reaction score
So just checked on my 2019 Limited build was 5/19 and it has the active air damn. I didn't think i had one until I saw this thread and crawled under to check.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I can confirm my 2020 Limited edition here in Canada has the active air dam as well, even though I have an Aero mode on my air suspension. This truck has so many little 'hidden' piece of tech and nice touches, it always continues to amaze me. Just got mine a couple weeks ago now and am loving it.

Yes it does ... just last week I found out how to lower the rear seat back AND remove the rear head rests :D

-John

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I didn't know that the back seats folded down like that! Now I do!

I know, right? I've been looking for how to do this for over a year, and just stumbled upon it last week! Hopefully my video was easy to watch and understand the steps - it's the first one I've done.

If there's any more tips & tricks with the RAM that you'd like filmed like that, send me a message!!!

-John

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't know that the back seats folded down like that! Now I do!
From what I've read, only the reclining rear seats fold down. Both the 5th gens we own have reclining rear seats so I can't verify this. Maybe someone with non-reclining rear seats can give some first-hand info on that. It's a nice feature that was missing on 4th gens (without modifying the seat hooks).

ashmite

Reaction score
My buddy's '20 Limited 1500 w/ Air Suspension has automatic air dam as well. I've ordered a '21 Big Horn 1500 with the air suspension option. I'm hoping it does not come with the AAD because I'm putting a front hitch receiver on the truck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My buddy's '20 Limited 1500 w/ Air Suspension has automatic air dam as well. I've ordered a '21 Big Horn 1500 with the air suspension option. I'm hoping it does not come with the AAD because I'm putting a front hitch receiver on the truck.
It's easy enough to remove if it does.

Donkelley32

Reaction score
Had the wife drive it while I rode next to the truck on my motorcycle. Can clearly see it drop the air dam right around 40mph and at 65 or so it goes up before the suspension drops into aero mode
Mine has the equipment that I just noticed on my 21 ram 1500 limited but I don't know if it is active for sure

Users who are viewing this thread