5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Steering Wheel Upgrade on Bighorn

JakeHagg25

Reaction score
So as the title says, today I finally received the limited steering wheel with the 'wood' on the top and realized too late that I am missing a piece of the bezel for the 6 clock position of the steering wheel that the stock bighorn wheel doesnt typically have. Now comes the help from you guys, I've been searching for hours online at this point trying to find a part number for that bezel piece to swap onto it, does anyone have an idea of what that part number might be?

I will attach an image below of the part in question, all I've been able to find has been the bezel around the buttons but not that bottom piece, and the wheel I ordered did not come with that piece.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• steering_wheel.jpg
    steering_wheel.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 257

JakeHagg25

Reaction score
I was able to find the part and since I had such a bear of a time looking I figured I may as well leave this post up and include the part number if anyone is going to do this as well, quite literally cost as much as the steering wheel itself, but you gotta pay to play I suppose.

Part# - 7AW00TX7AA

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love that steering wheel. When I looked up the part Number you gave to get a total price on doing this mod, that centerpiece shows it’s only $186. I’m assuming that’s the wrong piece or finish. What was your cost and were there any additional numbers for that part number?

here’s what I’m looking at - https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-steering-wheel-insert-7aw00tx7aa

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
I was able to find the part and since I had such a bear of a time looking I figured I may as well leave this post up and include the part number if anyone is going to do this as well, quite literally cost as much as the steering wheel itself, but you gotta pay to play I suppose.

Part# - 7AW00TX7AA
That is the correct part number and yes the price is crazy. I did that conversion on my Lonestar as well. Do you already have the heated steering wheel option? If you do you'll need the air bag harness so the top of the steering wheel heats up too.. The limited has one more connector then the all leather steering wheels have..

ijanderson29

Reaction score
Very interesting....I have a bighorn and am interested in upgrading steering wheel to the limited....what was the part number for the limited steering wheel? Are you implying that it was about $185 the same as the bezel insert?

Did you need to get the air bag harness that @SOWARDCUSTOMS mentioned?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are all the part numbers needed for the complete swap?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is the correct part number and yes the price is crazy. I did that conversion on my Lonestar as well. Do you already have the heated steering wheel option? If you do you'll need the air bag harness so the top of the steering wheel heats up too.. The limited has one more connector then the all leather steering wheels have..
That's strange. I did this conversion on a Laramie (actually it was a Longhorn wheel) and didn't need anything extra for the heated wheel. It must have had the necessary wire harnesses because the whole wheel heated up just fine.

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
That's strange. I did this conversion on a Laramie (actually it was a Longhorn wheel) and didn't need anything extra for the heated wheel. It must have had the necessary wire harnesses because the whole wheel heated up just fine.
Really odd I had originally installed the limited wheel and noticed it had an extra connector. I didnt worry about it as I did not want to remove the steering wheel again. I turned on the heat and everything heated up except the top wood section. I figured out that the airbag harness I had in my Lonestar had one less connection. I ordered the Limited harness and reinstalled everything and it works now. Maybe the Laramie steering wheels have the extra connection so you already had the right harness??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really odd I had originally installed the limited wheel and noticed it had an extra connector. I didnt worry about it as I did not want to remove the steering wheel again. I turned on the heat and everything heated up except the top wood section. I figured out that the airbag harness I had in my Lonestar had one less connection. I ordered the Limited harness and reinstalled everything and it works now. Maybe the Laramie steering wheels have the extra connection so you already had the right harness??
Ohh, good point.

MacDuff

Reaction score
I installed the Limited wheel in my Laramie about a year ago and my observations are similar to others.
1) My Laramie was missing one of the connectors on the new wheel and the wood does not heat up on my new steering wheel.
2) The piece of wood at the 6:00 position was damn near as much as the whole wheel! (Seems crazy, but true in my case).

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe there was a difference between 2019 and 2020 MY Laramies. All I know is I had all of the connectors on that Laramie. The wooden section got warm just like the leather wrapped sections, although it took longer to feel the heat. Which makes sense since wood is not a good heat conductor.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe there was a difference between 2019 and 2020 MY Laramies. All I know is I had all of the connectors on that Laramie. The wooden section got warm just like the leather wrapped sections, although it took longer to feel the heat. Which makes sense since wood is not a good heat conductor.
That's really good to know for if I end up doing this

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have part numbers for the steering wheel and everything needed to install?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Harness > 68406192AA
Steering Wheel > 6XR982X7AA
Insert 6 o Clock > 7AW00TX7AA
Are you sure about that steering wheel part number? If I put it in Mopar parts, it comes up as $267

Coco is my dog

Reaction score
Same with me. Installed a Limited wheel on a Long Horn, and the top of the wheel does not heat up. Saw the "extra" connector on the wheel. Anyone have a part number for the harness that connects to that "extra" connector?

Users who are viewing this thread