5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Dashboard Delaminating and Bubbling

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those pics are before and after btw
Glad you got yours fixed, but it was a goodwill repair, not an actual warranty repair. It clearly says goodwill right on the invoice you included. Sounds more like your dealership has decided to goodwill dash replacements on 2019 and 2020 models if your service adviser told you that. But Ram isn't doing that across the board.

TR2019

Reaction score
It's changed part #s so might be good..
Wow that must have been a relief. Mine delaminated during covid and the dealer couldn't be bothered with fixing it. Is your truck under extended warranty? Or did they just give you the option when you brought it in for service

Lastcall8

Reaction score
Dang I got really excited as mine is doo g the same thing and I have a 2019. I also called ram cares awhile back and they told me to take it in to dealer first then get back with them. Being a firefighter and a teacher almost have zero time. Now that it’s summer will take it in soon. Also my radio screen doesn’t come on sometimes for around 45 minutes. 🤦🏽‍♂️

davidnc301

Reaction score
Wow that must have been a relief. Mine delaminated during covid and the dealer couldn't be bothered with fixing it. Is your truck under extended warranty? Or did they just give you the option when you brought it in for service
No bought it used with 18k miles and just contacted Ram care and went though the process..and that was it!..lol

davidnc301

Reaction score
Glad you got yours fixed, but it was a goodwill repair, not an actual warranty repair. It clearly says goodwill right on the invoice you included. Sounds more like your dealership has decided to goodwill dash replacements on 2019 and 2020 models if your service adviser told you that. But Ram isn't doing that across the board.
Maybe..but Ram care guy said they were..so idk

PMCurtis

Reaction score
We all need to call RAM Cares 866-932-3878 and complain. Once they get enough complaints they will issue an service builtin on the dash.

dandick

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited has this problem. Only 21,000 miles and 8 months over the 3 year warranty. The dealer wants 700 for the dash and 1100 labor. Crazy! I am calling Ram Cares tomorrow. I sent them a message on here Sunday, but haven’t received a response. I guess Ram Doesn’t Care! I also got DTC P0303. I took it to the dealer thinking it would be covered under the 5 year power train warranty. Wrong. $424 for a new injector and labor. Again, only 21,000 miles. This is my first Ram product. Unless Ram Cares does something, this will be my last, too.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Ram still hasn't fixed the issue. I have a brand new 24 Laramie with the leather dash and it already has some delamination happening right next to the cluster. No way I'm having a brand new truck disassembled by the garage monkeys at this point though.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram still hasn't fixed the issue. I have a brand new 24 Laramie with the leather dash and it already has some delamination happening right next to the cluster. No way I'm having a brand new truck disassembled by the garage monkeys at this point though.
I had the same thought about garage monkeys before I had mine done. They did an absolute flawless job on it. Knock on wood the bubbling/delaminating has not happened to the new one yet. FYI mine was replaced under 3/36 warranty. I did visit the shop while they had it apart and it was scary. The entire dash was out on a table outside the vehicle at one point. But like I said it was reinstalled perfectly. No rattles, no gaps, full function, etc.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I had the same thought about garage monkeys before I had mine done. They did an absolute flawless job on it. Knock on wood the bubbling/delaminating has not happened to the new one yet. FYI mine was replaced under 3/36 warranty. I did visit the shop while they had it apart and it was scary. The entire dash was out on a table outside the vehicle at one point. But like I said it was reinstalled perfectly. No rattles, no gaps, full function, etc.
I don't have that kind of luck lol. The universe knows how bad my OCD is and will find a way to introduce a rattle or scratch on a panel that will drive me crazy.

When I picked mine up a didn't notice a stain on the passenger side dashboard area about the size of a silver dollar. Not sure what it is or where it came from but I can't get it out, and what has been seen can't be unseen. :(

Those who don't have OCD will have a perfect install with no issues. :D

One thing I still don't understand is; why they don't make the top section removeable. Most every panel in the entire truck clips together, why not do the same thing with the dash; especially with them knowing all the issues they've had with the leather wrap. You think you could have a stud that bolts through the mid dash securing everything together.

Users who are viewing this thread