5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifetime warranty - now extinct

cruz-in

Reaction score
Completed the purchase of our Ram this evening. I asked the Finance guy what their price was for the Forever warranty. The Finance guy found it strange, the pull-down window offered every warranty option except the Forever Plan. He eventually asked the manager who came in and could not get it on the screen either. Finally the manager went away for a few minutes and came back to tell us it would be $4850. I suspect he looked in a brochure.

Purchase ours for $2990 through Ziegler.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Follow up email from Ziegler this morning with the following text:
Thank you for visiting us at www.ChryslerFactoryPlans.com. We wanted to follow up on your quote (xxxxccc) for your 2019 Ram Ram 1500 Pickup (Mileage: 450) on Tuesday, November 20.

Special Notice: Mopar has announced that LIFETIME Maximum Care, Added Care Plus and Powertrain Care Vehicle Protection Plans will NOT be available after December 1, 2018. As a result, if you want a Lifetime Maximum Care Plan covering over 5,000 components or any other Lifetime plans, you will want to obtain a Quick Quote from our Zeigler Auto Group website before November 30, 2018, the last day you can purchase a Lifetime Plan.
If you are still in the market for a true 'Factory-Backed' Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty (Mopar Service Contract), please come back and visit us!

Thanks Again!
Bob, Jaime, Johnny, Brian and Ron
Zeigler Auto Group
ChryslerFactoryPlans.com
[email protected]

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I'm looking at the 5 yrs/60K miles Maximum Care Plan ( not Lifetime) from Zeigler Auto Group. I thought that this would kick in after the factory warranty has ended but it appears that the plan will start on the same date as the manufacture warranty (3 yrs/36K miles). So if you get the 5 yrs plan, you are really only getting a 2 yrs extension. Is that correct ? If so, why would I need to have the factory warranty and the Maximum Care Plan in effect at the same time for the first 3 yrs?

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
I'm looking at the 5 yrs/60K miles Maximum Care Plan ( not Lifetime) from Zeigler Auto Group. I thought that this would kick in after the factory warranty has ended but it appears that the plan will start on the same date as the manufacture warranty (3 yrs/36K miles). So if you get the 5 yrs plan, you are really only getting a 2 yrs extension. Is that correct ? If so, why would I need to have the factory warranty and the Maximum Care Plan in effect at the same time for the first 3 yrs?

I’m wondering why you couldn’t buy the Max Care Plan later, e.g. 2nd or 3rd year into the factory warrant period? Also, I believe the Max Care Plan likely works the same way as the Lifetime Plan does in paying for non-factory warranty expenses such as roadside assistance, hotel, rental car, etc., if your vehicle is considered inoperable.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
You still have the options of 5, 6, 7, and 8 year plans from 60,000 to 125,000 miles (some year options have unlimited miles) and different deductibles. If you wait to closer to the end of your factory warranty, you will have a longer extension... if that makes you feel better.
Just have to look when you want the extra coverage.
What/how many components does your factory warranty cover versus these MaxCare warranties? Is that also another extension of coverage instead of time? Check for yourself:

go to: http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx
Click: "Get a Quick Quote"
Complete the questions and configure to your heart's content. It doesn't cost anything to keep going back to start over for comparison sake.

Here is the trick. Once you find the one you like, click select (still free). Here is where you enter the promotional code: PAYINFULL and redeem. Enjoy your $365 coupon!

You still have a few more options on this page as adjusting deductibles, adding tire or appearance packages. All prices shown are pre-coupon. This is reflected and updated by your choices if you merely scroll to the bottom.

FYI, you cannot transfer a Lifetime warranty (all parties must be on initial contract) where you CAN transfer the contracts with limited years and miles for $50.

And for the neighbors to the north. Canadians can go to: chryslercanada.ca for Mopar Plans.

Now go forth and be an informed consumer!

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Is the lifetime warranty to good to be true? As previously posted I am currently driving a 2007 Avalanche with 356,000 miles. I’m going to purchase a 2019 Limited and have been waiting for Ram Box setup. Is it worth forgoing the RamBox’s to buy truck next week and get lifetime warranty. I drive 30-40,000 miles per year. This warranty seems like an excellent purchase for my situation. It just seems to good to be true.

Any experiences with this from previous owners? Any comments?

Thanks for the help.

Per my prior post in this thread, I have the maxcare warranty on my 15 Durango RT. It expires when the cost of the repair exceeds the cars value. Also picks up a loaner car while in service. I serviced the Durango this month at 83,000 miles for it's second radiator, a bad rear seat heater element and another item I can't recall. It covered 100% less $100 deductible which I wasn't even charged for some reason. I was not expecting coverage for the seat heater element, but it did.

Zinger

Reaction score
Per my prior post in this thread, I have the maxcare warranty on my 15 Durango RT. It expires when the cost of the repair exceeds the cars value. Also picks up a loaner car while in service. I serviced the Durango this month at 83,000 miles for it's second radiator, a bad rear seat heater element and another item I can't recall. It covered 100% less $100 deductible which I wasn't even charged for some reason. I was not expecting coverage for the seat heater element, but it did.

My wife's '15 Durango needed a new radiator at 39k miles! And you're on your third now? Not a good sign.

cruz-in

Reaction score
If you plan to keep it for the long run, r $2990 for a Forever Warranty on a $60K tech laden truck seems like one heck of a deal!

Plus it provides rental car, Key fob replacement, jump starts, gas, etc. and hotel/meals for trip interruptions. Of course all of these have limits but still a good deal.

We kept our last two cars 13 years.. With the RAM, my goal is to get that last payout of the value of the car when the repair exceeds it. :)

Thinking about it, I understand why they are not going to offer it anymore.

U

User_3336

On lifetime plans.... First Day Rental, Rental Allowance, Roadside Assistance, Towing Allowance and Trip Interruption benefits expire at 7 years from the in-service date .

If you plan to keep it for the long run, r $2990 for a Forever Warranty on a $60K tech laden truck seems like one heck of a deal!

Plus it provides rental car, Key fob replacement, jump starts, gas, etc. and hotel/meals for trip interruptions. Of course all of these have limits but still a good deal.

We kept our last two cars 13 years.. With the RAM, my goal is to get that last payout of the value of the car when the repair exceeds it. :)

Thinking about it, I understand why they are not going to offer it anymore.

U

User_3336

Another stiplulation of the lifetime plan.... They may just buyout your vehicle for what its worth at the time if repairs deem too expensive!

IMPORTANT! The maximum benefit amount should a covered component of the Vehicle fail will be THE TOTAL COST OF THE
REPAIRS PER VISIT LESS THE DEDUCTIBLE, OR THE CASH VALUE OF THE VEHICLE, WHICHEVER IS LESS! The cash value
of the Vehicle will be determined at the time of the covered repair and will be the average retail value as listed in the current NADA
Used Car Pricing Guide. If at any time the repair costs for covered component(s) exceed the Vehicle’s cash value, your final Plan
benefit will be our payment of the Vehicle’s cash value rather than the repair costs. Plan coverage and benefits will terminate
automatically and immediately pursuant to this provision and we will have no further obligations of any kind in respect to the
terminated Plan.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I’m wondering why you couldn’t buy the Max Care Plan later, e.g. 2nd or 3rd year into the factory warrant period? Also, I believe the Max Care Plan likely works the same way as the Lifetime Plan does in paying for non-factory warranty expenses such as roadside assistance, hotel, rental car, etc., if your vehicle is considered inoperable.
Because the so call "extended warranty" starts on the same day as the factory warranty. The same plan will cost more if you wait to buy it 2 or 3 yrs later.

U

User_3336

It goes up $200 after 12,000 miles or 12 months.

I am not sure if it goes up again up until the factory warranty expires.

Because the so call "extended warranty" starts on the same day as the factory warranty. The same plan will cost more if you wait to buy it 2 or 3 yrs later.

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
I read every word. However, on Zeiglers website, they are still quoting it. That’s why I asked.
It’s never good to assume.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I read every word. However, on Zeiglers website, they are still quoting it. That’s why I asked.
It’s never good to assume.

Under the "plans" drop down I see they haven't removed "lifetime new maximum care plans". However if you go through getting a quote, lifetime is no longer an option.

cruz-in

Reaction score
Bummer it is gone....

$2.9K for a Lifetime Warranty on a tech packed $68K MSRP truck was, IMHO, a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread