5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifetime warranty - now extinct

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I got my VIN yesterday and submitted it for hopes of getting the warranty. I was promptly emailed back last night that the system is not accepting my VIN as of yet but was encouraged to resubmit next week.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Exactly, I'm hoping Clay can confirm one way or another.
Sidenote: I can highly vouch for Clay, and the warranty. Purchased the Maxcare for my Durango 3-4 years ago. Best price, Clay easy to deal with, and warranty paid for itself in one visit at 83,000 miles. It even covered an item that was not specifically listed in the fine print.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I got my VIN yesterday and submitted it for hopes of getting the warranty. I was promptly emailed back last night that the system is not accepting my VIN as of yet but was encouraged to resubmit next week.

It's all going to depend on where your truck is in production. My guess is if you can't at least view your build by VIN, it's not going to be in the database for warranty purchase.

U

User_3336

I've had nothing but good dealings with Bob Cline at Zeigler. He's also offered forum members discounts on the Ford side as well. As far as I know, Zeigler is the only one who's offered us discount codes. (the promo code PAYINFULL is still working for $365 off)

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, looks like I’ll be purchasing this week. Incredible info my friends, thanks for helping guys like myself in the community. Without this I would have never thought this warranty could be unavailable one day.

Additionally, when all are trying to run the numbers on what plan to get, how do you do it? Like I usually like a new vehicle every 3 years or so when the b2b goes away, this truck has every bit of tech I’ve had my eye on for the last 5 years so I’d love to keep this truck for 8 years or longer. So when comparing it to the lifetime plan, do the truck get to the point where I wouldn’t be comfortable driving it 300 miles to Michigan yet still under warranty? Just how far into the dirt has anyone ran these warranties and did you lose faith in the soundness of your rig over that time? Anyone buy it for a 4th gen and regret buying it?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had nothing but good dealings with Bob Cline at Zeigler. He's also offered forum members discounts on the Ford side as well. As far as I know, Zeigler is the only one who's offered us discount codes. (the promo code PAYINFULL is still working for $365 off)

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
I think either place is fine. Clays price was the same as Ziegler I think, no promo code necessary. 2950 for 100 deductible, lifetime max care warranty.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Welp, looks like I’ll be purchasing this week. Incredible info my friends, thanks for helping guys like myself in the community. Without this I would have never thought this warranty could be unavailable one day.

Additionally, when all are trying to run the numbers on what plan to get, how do you do it? Like I usually like a new vehicle every 3 years or so when the b2b goes away, this truck has every bit of tech I’ve had my eye on for the last 5 years so I’d love to keep this truck for 8 years or longer. So when comparing it to the lifetime plan, do the truck get to the point where I wouldn’t be comfortable driving it 300 miles to Michigan yet still under warranty? Just how far into the dirt has anyone ran these warranties and did you lose faith in the soundness of your rig over that time? Anyone buy it for a 4th gen and regret buying it?

I can't speak for the ram trucks but my Uncle ( I know not me) has a 2001 Dodge Intrepid that he to this day still takes from Houston to Atlanta I don't know the mileage of his car but I do know that to this date he has the lifetime warranty and has had two engines replaced amongst a few others things he said his warranty has paid for its self three times in over 10 years so take that for what it is, to this day he still drives it too.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I just spoke to the Service Manager at my dealer this morning g and he said that the lifetime is not going away.

There is a mix of information about this. At first Ziegler was the only one saying the lifetime was going away with Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP) saying it wasn't going away. As the day progressed it was being said the Ziegler was told but released the information early and MVP started saying it's true. The last it was left at is that MVP will make an official announcement of the ending of lifetime warranties early next week.

Hopefully it's all not true and the lifetime warranties will continue to be offered, however if you have your truck and are on the fence, I would go ahead and get the warranty to be safe.

alow

Reaction score
Something to consider is you have time to get out of the contract if you want to, in i believe its the first 60 days you can cancel for a refund. If this tuens out not to be true for whatever reason you can get your cash back.

I had a warranty pay for a transmission in a "bulletproof" Acura and a heater coil in our Passat. Do what you want but I can confirm a warranty can pay you back as others have said.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In theory, you can wait until Monday or Tuesday and see if the announcement comes if you have any doubts on the veracity of the rumor.

Predfan

Reaction score
This may push me to buy a truck if its true but im having trouble getting an answer from the local dealer. Is the lifetime warranty available in canada?

U

User_3336

The SERVICE manager doesn't SELL them either. Finance guys would know first if this plan was being affected, and multiple dealers have stated they are...

who you going to listen to?

I just spoke to the Service Manager at my dealer this morning g and he said that the lifetime is not going away.

cruz-in

Reaction score
I suspect it is true. Today I got two emails from Ziegler today stating it was going away on Dec 1st.

U

User_3336

Bob Cline would have not sent out those emails otherwise.

Just like he said the esp plans were going up a week before they did, yep, they went up a week later.

I suspect it is true. Today I got two emails from Ziegler today stating it was going away on Dec 1st.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
Is the lifetime warranty to good to be true? As previously posted I am currently driving a 2007 Avalanche with 356,000 miles. I’m going to purchase a 2019 Limited and have been waiting for Ram Box setup. Is it worth forgoing the RamBox’s to buy truck next week and get lifetime warranty. I drive 30-40,000 miles per year. This warranty seems like an excellent purchase for my situation. It just seems to good to be true.

Any experiences with this from previous owners? Any comments?

Thanks for the help.

stevetom84

Reaction score
Is the lifetime warranty to good to be true? As previously posted I am currently driving a 2007 Avalanche with 356,000 miles. I’m going to purchase a 2019 Limited and have been waiting for Ram Box setup. Is it worth forgoing the RamBox’s to buy truck next week and get lifetime warranty. I drive 30-40,000 miles per year. This warranty seems like an excellent purchase for my situation. It just seems to good to be true.

Any experiences with this from previous owners? Any comments?

Thanks for the help.

With you putting that many miles on the truck, lifetime max care is probably the way to go. I don't have experience with the warranty, but it sounds like it covers everything (other than normal wear/tear items and eTorque) until a repair costs more than the value of the truck. At which point you get a check for the retail value of the truck.

If rumors are true, they will stop offering the lifetime warranty at the end of this month. Doesn't leave much time and trucks with the RamBox on the lot are hard to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread