5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifetime warranty - now extinct

stevetom84

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm also considering the lifetime warranty. In looking online, there are plenty of dealers that offer them. I think the cheapest I've been able to find is about $2700 for Max with $200 deductible. I would be interested to know if there are cheaper avenues to get the warranty.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm also considering the lifetime warranty. In looking online, there are plenty of dealers that offer them. I think the cheapest I've been able to find is about $2700 for Max with $200 deductible. I would be interested to know if there are cheaper avenues to get the warranty.

Contact [email protected]

I was quoted $2,450 for $200 deductible lifetime. This was before the recent price increase so not sure what he charges now. He owns a dealership in Kansas.

Also search for Ziegler. Others have used him as well.

alow

Reaction score
So I just got an email from Zeigler saying no more lifetime warranties after the end of this month. If your on the fence I'd look into it.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can purchase the warranty before delivery in case it's not by the end of the month?

alow

Reaction score
I'd say call zeigler and robbins and ask directly. Hope so for those who dont have them.

stevetom84

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can purchase the warranty before delivery in case it's not by the end of the month?

I'm trying to find out the exact same thing. I know you can get a full refund in the first 60 days, in case your deal falls through for whatever reason (such as vehicle being damaged during delivery). I just recently ordered my truck and don't even have a VIN yet, so it will be cutting it close.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I just got an email from Zeigler saying no more lifetime warranties after the end of this month. If your on the fence I'd look into it.
I saw that. It’s a bummer, but I’m not going to be forced into rushing that purchase, especially with a 5/60 powertrain and 8/80 eTorque warranty from the factory. I only average 7-8K miles per year.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Whoa, really? Is that just through Zeigler or is it no lifetime being offered through anyone? I might have to pull the trigger on one tomorrow then

alow

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Clay Robbins but it would seem odd if it was only Zeigler. I dont have more info I just wanted to let folks know since I personally waited a few months before picking mine up. Its atleast worth a few calls around to see what the deal is if youre thinking about it.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
With my VIN I was told I am able to purchase the plan before delivery. Not sure if it specific to anything I my situation.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I contacted the FCA extended warranty department and according to them there are no plans to discontinue the lifetime warranties and they knew exactly where this came from. They mentioned they have had problems with this seller and suspect it's nothing more than a sales tactic.

Clay at Robbins also doesn't know about it and is checking on it.

EDIT: Well looks like it may be true. There are reports of FCA now saying yes they are killing off the lifetime warranties.

Last edited:

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I contacted the FCA extended warranty department and according to them there are no plans to discontinue the lifetime warranties and they knew exactly where this came from. They mentioned they have had problems with this seller and suspect it's nothing more than a sales tactic.

Clay at Robbins also doesn't know about it and is checking on it.

If that turns out to be true, it turns me off from Ziegler. I'll just get it from Clay at Robbins. He emailed me back this morning regarding my request for a quote.

Users who are viewing this thread