5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifetime warranty - now extinct

alow

Reaction score
Well yikes I don't feel great about being part of that. Didn't mean to start a panic fire there just thought people might miss out. If that's the case im wishing I'd have got mine from Clay.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well yikes I don't feel great about being part of that. Didn't mean to start a panic fire there just thought people might miss out. If that's the case im wishing I'd have got mine from Clay.

Could also be that information trickles down slowly to different places. It would be a ballsy move for Ziegler to definitely say "Mopar" has told them it is going away. I found the info on a jeep forum as well being discussed.

stevetom84

Reaction score

No worries. I'm not 100% convinced either way. Maybe Zeigler has info that others don't? What Clay comes back with will be the deciding factor for me.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
If that turns out to be true, it turns me off from Ziegler. I'll just get it from Clay at Robbins. He emailed me back this morning regarding my request for a quote.

Looks like it's a Mopar thing,

This is from my quote this morning, I went ahead and got it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181121-120716_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181121-120716_Chrome.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 96

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it's a Mopar thing,

This is from my quote this morning, I went ahead and got it.

Thats from Bob (Zeigler). I'm going to be curious what Clay comes back with. I bought from Zeigler many months ago and was happy with the service...severely hope this isn't a sales tactic but I also question most of what FCA says too

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
I got my Limited this morning and already planned to get the warranty from my purchasing dealership, but just out of curiosity, I asked them if the Lifetime was going away and they said had not heard it was and they just talked to FCA reps about the warranty yesterday. I think Zeigler is trying to get some sales.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my Limited this morning and already planned to get the warranty from my purchasing dealership, but just out of curiosity, I asked them if the Lifetime was going away and they said had not heard it was and they just talked to FCA reps about the warranty yesterday. I think Zeigler is trying to get some sales.

Check the other thread on this, but I don't think that's what happened. It looks like Zeigler got the info from FCA, ran with it immediately, and FCA wanted them to wait until they made a formal announcement as they hadn't told everyone yet. Zeigler took down the notice on their website today at FCAs request, but are sticking by their info. They expect FCA to make the announcement next Monday. Zeigler didn't have a bad reputation (in fact a good one) before this, so I can't see them using a temporary scare tactic on purpose. I think they are likely being truthful. We will know next week for sure.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone cares, but I was interested in finding out more about the lifetime warranty so I got the details emailed to me. I like to read over this type of information to see what voids it. I'll be getting this warranty no doubt. If anyone else likes to read this stuff here is the document.

Lifetime warranty
This is great info. Thanks very much for the Post.

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Check the other thread on this, but I don't think that's what happened. It looks like Zeigler got the info from FCA, ran with it immediately, and FCA wanted them to wait until they made a formal announcement as they hadn't told everyone yet. Zeigler took down the notice on their website today at FCAs request, but are sticking by their info. They expect FCA to make the announcement next Monday. Zeigler didn't have a bad reputation (in fact a good one) before this, so I can't see them using a temporary scare tactic on purpose. I think they are likely being truthful. We will know next week for sure.
Fair enough. I find it interesting they wouldn't have told my dealer, though. For the sake of everyone waiting on their trucks, I hope it isn't the case. I was surprised to get mine this quick and would be quite upset if they cancelled the program while I was waiting.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fair enough. I find it interesting they wouldn't have told my dealer, though. For the sake of everyone waiting on their trucks, I hope it isn't the case. I was surprised to get mine this quick and would be quite upset if they canceled the program while I was waiting.

Well I was surprised at the wide degree of knowledge from dealers during the ordering process... It doesn't shock me at this point that FCA has awful communication with their dealers. Who knows, maybe Zeigler was told through an informal channel they have and didn't realize it wasn't for "public" dissemination yet. As of now, I'm thinking the info is legit, and will be released next week.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Mopar directly and they told me it was going away at the end of the month. I’m getting my warranty today.

Looks like they have been updated from their higher ups since several of us called this morning and they were unaware of any changes. I'm getting my warranty today as well.

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
I called early this morning as well after reading the email from Ziegler. They guy I talked to said it was true and they are canceling it. I’d have to get it by the 30th. I asked for his quoted price and it was 4500. High compared to the third party selling it. Going to Ziegler for unlimited and canceling my current one. Good thing my 60 days are not up and I get the full refund from my 84 month 75k plan.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
I called Zeigler today to verify that the Lifetime Warranty is expiring at the end of November. They confirmed this. I explained to them that I had a VIN but have not yet taken delivery of my truck. They ran my VIN and verified that I could still purchase the Lifetime Warranty anytime between now and November 30. I bought it today although it feels a little strange buying a warranty for a truck I don’t currently possess :)

A side note: I asked if the warranty could stay with the truck if I re-title it to my 6-year old son when he turns 16 (assuming he wants it in 10 years!). They said yes as long as I list him as the additional warranty holder. Done!

stevetom84

Reaction score
I called Zeigler today to verify that the Lifetime Warranty is expiring at the end of November. They confirmed this. I explained to them that I had a VIN but have not yet taken delivery of my truck. They ran my VIN and verified that I could still purchase the Lifetime Warranty anytime between now and November 30. I bought it today although it feels a little strange buying a warranty for a truck I don’t currently possess :)

A side note: I asked if the warranty could stay with the truck if I re-title it to my 6-year old son when he turns 16 (assuming he wants it in 10 years!). They said yes as long as I list him as the additional warranty holder. Done!

The way I understand it is that it all depends on where your truck is in the process and rather or not the VIN is in the database.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That's great to know. I'm going to try and do something similar. Currently working with Clay Robbins, but if he can't do that I might inquire at Zeigler about it.

UnLimited

Reaction score
Howdy. Just received my quote from Ziegler, with $200 deductible 4 yr plan, $3930. I have Limited w/2700 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread