5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling 2021 Rebel with Air-Suspension

Gpenny

Reaction score
I've been browsing the forum for inspiration for awhile now but first time posting so hi all & thanks in advance for any feedback on this. Picked up my 2021 Ram Rebel (4x4 w/ Air-Suspension) in December & it's still completely stock but looking to make some minor mods soon & hopefully starting with a 2" level.

I know this thread might belong in the 'Suspension" sub forum but because the Rebel sits an inch higher than the rest of the trims I think my question might be unique to the Rebel. I've been looking around for 2" kits but I can't seem to find anything that will work with air-suspension and/or the Rebel. All of the options (linked below) I found with the exception of the Revel Links either note not for use on air-suspension trucks and/or the Rebel trim.

The only options I could find that look like they could work are these from Revel Performance:

1) Revel Air Suspension Links - The description notes that these are compatible with the Rebel but with the caveat below. So if I'm understanding correctly, you can only raise the front ~3/4" and lower the rear a bit to get a somewhat level max lift of ~1.75".

"Since the Rebel Rams are already lifted from the factory any adjustment higher than ~3/4" in the up direction will result in a harsh ride. It is possible to use the lowering links to drop the rear of your Rebel to achieve an almost level ride, just specify in the notes when ordering the kit that you want the Front lifting and Rear Lowering links."

2) Revel Air Suspension Links w/ Daystar Leveling Kit - Revel's website notes that this is the better option for the Rebel but the below disclaimer is a little concerning. Looking at the leveling kit directly on Daystar's website here and it does say "excludes models with air suspension". The Revel description notes compatibility for model years 2019-2022, however, the description on the Daystar site only notes through 2019 (maybe that doesn't matter?).

"Disclaimer: Although Daystar specifically excludes air ride Rams for this product, when used in combination with the Revel adjustable sensor links they have been shown to install and function properly. Customer to install and use at own risk. All Sales Final, no returns or refunds."

Does anyone have any experience with either of the Revel Options? Or any other 2" leveling options for a Rebel with Air Suspension that won't cause loss off Off-road 1 & 2? Based on my research so far it seems I may need to just hold off a bit until a manufacturer comes up with a legit solution. I really want to level the truck but not sure it's worth the risk with these somewhat round about options unless others are having a good experience with them.

Standard 2" Level Options that exclude air-suspension and/or Rebels

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 70

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I have a limited with air suspension and am using the daystar kit with my own air links. i have it lifted about 4inches from factory in front and 3 in the rear. no issues in 10k miles. i am using aftermarket control arms as well.

johncode

Reaction score
I use Shifts and Grins links that cost less than half of the Revel links and do the same thing. Mine are set at an inch with no loss of the modes and close to stock ride. It’s not level but I like the stance better since level sometimes makes it look saggy in the back(to me).

johncode

Reaction score
Before links in normal(factory wheels) and after(silver wheels)

Attachments

• 6D1DC064-2D9E-408B-9045-7C26EAB0339A.jpeg
    6D1DC064-2D9E-408B-9045-7C26EAB0339A.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 5A6A8BD8-1775-4F31-B609-99ACC3E8BC08.jpeg
    5A6A8BD8-1775-4F31-B609-99ACC3E8BC08.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 262

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
I have a limited with air suspension and am using the daystar kit with my own air links. i have it lifted about 4inches from factory in front and 3 in the rear. no issues in 10k miles. i am using aftermarket control arms as well.
What is the reason you went to aftermarket control arms?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted a pic of the Mopar UCA ball joint angle against stock prior to install. No problems here. FCD99247-93A0-4A4A-93C2-81BBD9943C14.jpeg 0FCC3528-E5FE-4250-8EFF-5755AD875CCA.jpeg 733C0012-42AF-45BE-8A5B-CF62EE5ECE96.jpeg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have run our metal links and plastic links (Metal rods and plastic ends) both over the last year. I run them close to 1.25" with zero issues. I think John has the right idea with 1" which is where I set his. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Luisqs22

Reaction score
Do you put the air suspension to the level you want then put it in tire jack mode? Or just put it in tire jack mode at normal and the links figure it out?

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I have run our metal links and plastic links (Metal rods and plastic ends) both over the last year. I run them close to 1.25" with zero issues. I think John has the right idea with 1" which is where I set his. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.
I know there are SO many wheel/tire combo's we can go through to figure what fits/doesn't fit. Personally, I'm looking to bump my:

Rims:
20x12 (unsure of offset but I like the look of deep dish rims for as much as I can get away with)

Tires:
34x12.50 (looking for that "squared off" sidewall appearance and to stick out about an inch)

what are your thought about rim offset using your links while avoiding rubbing?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know there are SO many wheel/tire combo's we can go through to figure what fits/doesn't fit. Personally, I'm looking to bump my:

Rims:
20x12 (unsure of offset but I like the look of deep dish rims for as much as I can get away with)

Tires:
34x12.50 (looking for that "squared off" sidewall appearance and to stick out about an inch)

what are your thought about rim offset using your links while avoiding rubbing?
I’m certainly not an expert when it comes to wheel offset. I’d have to ask some of my customers to get their input on wheel offsets and if they have any rubbing issues.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you put the air suspension to the level you want then put it in tire jack mode? Or just put it in tire jack mode at normal and the links figure it out?
I always recommend to put it in jack mode but honestly I never do. I swap them and cycle it one time then drive it a short distance and check to see if any adjustments need to be made.

Luisqs22

Reaction score
So I just put the front links on and the truck is telling me air suspension cooling down? Should I throw the stock links back in?

HailState

Reaction score
I have the links and 35x12.5 and I love the stance but it does feel like the airbag or shock is maxed out in normal mode when I hit a bump. Very harsh.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the links and 35x12.5 and I love the stance but it does feel like the airbag or shock is maxed out in normal mode when I hit a bump. Very harsh.
Yes that would be because you lifted with more air in the bags rather than lifting with the puck and adjusting the links. There’s a fine line of how much more pressure makes the bags feel stiff. I didn’t go any higher than my pucks gave me to keep my ride plush.

JBV

Reaction score
given that you've paid the big bucks for a high end air suspension system from the factory, isn't it a bit much to then want to modify this system? couldn't you just press the button and lift the body with air?

Last edited:

HailState

Reaction score
Yes that would be because you lifted with more air in the bags rather than lifting with the puck and adjusting the links. There’s a fine line of how much more pressure makes the bags feel stiff. I didn’t go any higher than my pucks gave me to keep my ride plush.
So you used the revel/daystar combo?

HailState

Reaction score
given that you've paid the big bucks for a high end air suspension system from the factory, it's it a bit much to then want to modify this system? couldn't you just press the button and lift the body with air?
Sure you can go up but you can’t fit 35’s cause the suspension will auto lower at higher speeds. And I didn’t choose this suspension, probably would’ve gone with coils if I would’ve thought more about it. It was a spur of the moment trade. I turned my 2017 raptor in for this truck and I dont regret it.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So I just put the front links on and the truck is telling me air suspension cooling down? Should I throw the stock links back in?
That can happen when you cycle it too many times. It will cool down and be fine. What lift do you have your links set at?

Users who are viewing this thread