5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

mophead

Reaction score
Passive Entry
That'll be easy and fun. NOT:rolleyes:

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
How high above the bottom of the bed is the roof in there? I want to put a Decked drawer system in mine and ideally I’d like to be able to sit upright in there…
Looks about 46" (slightly less if you get the hook package)

Attachments

• 20220424_110944.jpg
    20220424_110944.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 50

Scrants

Reaction score
7d4fb99d008770dd147c0556087fd427.jpg

Patriot Blue BC. Front window tints, ceramic coated and husky flaps. Sure I could complain about the lack of passive entry or no power to the passenger seat, but I’d rather just enjoy this beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franc944

Reaction score

Patriot Blue BC. Front window tints, ceramic coated and husky flaps. Sure I could complain about the lack of passive entry or no power to the passenger seat, but I’d rather just enjoy this beauty!

Hey I ordered the same thing and I am excited about people bitching about lack of rain sensing wipers

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I knew what I was ordering and planned accordingly. I dont mind having to add those things if I want to. Right now, I am enjoying driving it. That blue is beautiful.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

I've ordered the same truck, but with some slight changes like LEDs.

Good lord thanks for posting it and congrats! I may have to print out the pic and put it over my bed so I can just lay in bed and drool. 🤣

I'm starting week 4 for the wait.

Reldn

Reaction score

Damn, that Patriot Blue looks so good. Hopefully mine shows up soon. Supposedly the truck should be showing up at the dealership "any day now"...Which has been the same status for a little over a week now, and no delivery yet.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

Looks great. Are the back windows nearly limo tint from factory and how tinted did you get the front windows?

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this a new federal requirement you're referring to? My 2021 Limited doesn't do this. Nor does the wife's 2020.
I can't find an actual regulation, but I've had multiple vehicles across several different makes and they all behave in the exact same way. You are saying that if you get in, start your truck, then get out with the key in our pocket and walk away it doesn't do anything? My 19 and 20 trucks both did honk twice.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't find an actual regulation, but I've had multiple vehicles across several different makes and they all behave in the exact same way. You are saying that if you get in, start your truck, then get out with the key in our pocket and walk away it doesn't do anything? My 19 and 20 trucks both did honk twice.
What I'm saying, is if I get in and start my truck, then get out with the fob in my pocket and walk away, the horn does not honk. Same with the wife's truck. And the same for my previous 2020 Laramie. There is a chime that goes off inside the cab, which my passengers have complained about LOL. But no horn honks.

Scrants

Reaction score
Looks great. Are the back windows nearly limo tint from factory and how tinted did you get the front windows?

I’m not sure on the %. They are match to the back but definitely appear lighter because I didn’t tint the front windshield.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I'm saying, is if I get in and start my truck, then get out with the fob in my pocket and walk away, the horn does not honk. Same with the wife's truck. And the same for my previous 2020 Laramie. There is a chime that goes off inside the cab, which my passengers have complained about LOL. But no horn honks.
That is really interesting, I wonder what the disparity is??

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our 2021 Wrangler does that as well. I cannot find a way to turn it off. The other super handy feature is that I opened my door to see see how close I was to a parking line and the transmission shift to park and the parking brake came one. Took me a few to figure out exactly what was going on.

mophead

Reaction score
Our 2021 Wrangler does that as well. I cannot find a way to turn it off. The other super handy feature is that I opened my door to see see how close I was to a parking line and the transmission shift to park and the parking brake came one. Took me a few to figure out exactly what was going on.
Idiot proofed, or not, maybe. My wife has a 22 Palisade. It'll wipe the drool off your chin. SMH

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah same with my 21, no horn honks under those circumstances (or ever) and am glad it doesn't. That will definitely be one thing I am not looking forward to when the time comes for the next truck, that's going to be annoying for the way we use it.

From what I know (or thought I knew) this is a new thing for 2022 for rams in particular. I'm surprised to hear of someone reporting their pre 2022 rams did this.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I feel like I asked someone this before but don't remember the answer. For wranglers, when you take the doors off I assume that automatically defeats that system from slamming it into park? Or is there something you need to do in one of the menus like a "no door mode" or something?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah
I feel like I asked someone this before but don't remember the answer. For wranglers, when you take the doors off I assume that automatically defeats that system from slamming it into park? Or is there something you need to do in one of the menus like a "no door mode" or something?

I haven't taken the doors off yet, but I believe when you unplug the harness it kills the door open nanny's. I do not think you need to pull any fuses on the JL. I suppose they figure if you pull the doors you are as good as dead anyway so
Additional safety measures aren't needed. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread