5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's see those running boards/side steps

U

User_63152

After switching to Mopar power running boards I can't look on regular running boards sticking out of the truck. Best looking running boards are the boards you can't see and that don't touch the ground while you offroad.
Just few days after installing them I went offroading and I've stuck. I needed to retract the boards through the menu to use traction boards for recovery. Regular running boards would prevent me from sticking traction boards to recover myself in reverse.
Sad that Ram doesn't offer this option for Rebels or TRXs from the factory.
I'd like to get the power ones, but I just can't drop the cash right now.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
BBB.PNG

I have the OEM's, and I like them a lot. I will be swapping them out in the future for something with a drop step. It's just too big of a step being tucked up high.

SuperLunchbox

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the size of the stud is on the truck where you mount these? I just got some go rhino boards and the nuts are too small. I though it was because the studs had tons of paint on them so I bought a 5/16-18 die to try any chase the threads and it’s way too small. The die is almost too small to fit over the unthreaded part of the tip of the stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMetal

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the size of the stud is on the truck where you mount these? I just got some go rhino boards and the nuts are too small. I though it was because the studs had tons of paint on them so I bought a 5/16-18 die to try any chase the threads and it’s way too small. The die is almost too small to fit over the unthreaded part of the tip of the stud.

Its metric. M8x1.25

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Many have tried different solutions for the paint on the studs. I found a small wire wheel attached to my drill worked best. Others have their own preference. I used a thread chaser and still had difficulty, others found that worked best for them. Perhaps it depends on the paint thickness and quality of the thread chaser.

Studs are metric.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Mopar off-road running boards. Totally lucked out—found these on Facebook marketplace for $450 in great shape.

Install took me two and one half hours, most of that removing paint from the bolts. Someone with more experience probably could knock an hour off this time. I torqued everything to spec, and put anti seize on the bolts after install. Many thanks for all the tips I learned here on the forum.

By the way, I used a wire brush attachment on a Dremel to remove the paint after trying a regular wire brush and a pick. Paint comes right off easily. All my top bolts were fine (i.e., little or no paint) except one (and even that one was light). See picture. No need for a die IMO.
those look exactly like the TYGER BLADE boards.

U

User_3336

Many have tried different solutions for the paint on the studs. I found a small wire wheel attached to my drill worked best. Others have their own preference. I used a thread chaser and still had difficulty, others found that worked best for them. Perhaps it depends on the paint thickness and quality of the thread chaser.
I used some acetone and paint thinner to soften up the paint on the studs. Unfortunately one was super saturated in paint, and it broke off 1/2 finished. the other two held the board pretty right and it was on the back passenger side.

ws6guy

Reaction score
Here's the go rhino RB30 slim. I would've liked if they tucked tighter to the cab. Also I definitely wouldn't go anymore narrow. Overall I like them and got a pretty decent deal on them. If it wasn't for kids I likely wouldn't have put any boards on.

PXL_20230408_001521579.jpg PXL_20230408_001538135.jpg

U

User_3336

Here's the go rhino RB30 slim. I would've liked if they tucked tighter to the cab. Also I definitely wouldn't go anymore narrow. Overall I like them and got a pretty decent deal on them. If it wasn't for kids I likely wouldn't have put any boards on.

View attachment 160437 View attachment 160438
Those overall look good. They're similar to the Tyger Blade.

the only thing I don't like about them is how the bracket shows under the running board. the Tyger board bracket is pretty much recessed and hidden.

ws6guy

Reaction score
Those overall look good. They're similar to the Tyger Blade.

the only thing I don't like about them is how the bracket shows under the running board. the Tyger board bracket is pretty much recessed and hidden.
It was between the Tyger Blade and the Go Rhino and the blades were on backorder. With being impatient and all I went with the Go Rhino. I do like the Go Rhino but I've tossed around the idea getting the Tygers to see how they fit and then listing whichever set I like least on here or craigslist :)

U

User_3336

It was between the Tyger Blade and the Go Rhino and the blades were on backorder. With being impatient and all I went with the Go Rhino. I do like the Go Rhino but I've tossed around the idea getting the Tygers to see how they fit and then listing whichever set I like least on here or craigslist :)
I will post mine sometime today when I get the truck out of the garage.

Noway

Reaction score
Do TRX off road board fit the Rebel? part 82215508AB

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Do TRX off road board fit the Rebel? part 82215508AB
I don’t know but they fit my Big Horn. I think most parts stores will show what trucks are compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread