5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's hear about the trouble free trucks

Redhawk01

Reaction score
1300 miles, no issues. 1st truck I've owned. Except for scratches on both front door glass, it's great. Dealer is replacing both windows in 2 weeks.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Custom ordered highly optioned Rebel last April of 18 and finally got built July 8, 18. Took delivery mid August and love truck!!!! Tailgate said it wasn't latched 2 or 3 times and I closed it a little extra hard twice and end of problem. It does have console lid squeak when passenger rests elbow on it so when I take it in to dealer (for its very first visit) for the 2 recalls, I will get them to order new one. Apparently redesigned hinges now because of widespread squeak issue. 4200 miles and loving truck!!! Just changed out factory oil with Pennzoil conventional and Mobil 1 filter and then in a few thousand I will change to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum full synthetic as it has the Chrysler MS-6395 certification as Mobil 1 doesn't. Want to make sure its broken in well before full synthetic switch. I would consider this a trouble free truck! :cool: IMG_2627.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

barr0208

Reaction score
build date 8/18 1600 miles love the truck no problems just disappointed that it has no door cup holder lights or front floor lighting.

JayMann

Reaction score
build date 8/18 1600 miles love the truck no problems just disappointed that it has no door cup holder lights or front floor lighting.
unless you got some barebones trim level, you should have some kind of front floor lighting.

Next time you're driving at night, check to see if you have the cabin lights showing up by the door handles, if not, you're in full night mode. Scroll up on the wheel past a certain click and you should get some kind of cabin night time lighting which will also give you the floor lighting you're after.

barr0208

Reaction score
unless you got some barebones trim level, you should have some kind of front floor lighting.

Next time you're driving at night, check to see if you have the cabin lights showing up by the door handles, if not, you're in full night mode. Scroll up on the wheel past a certain click and you should get some kind of cabin night time lighting which will also give you the floor lighting you're after.
ill check thanks

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checking in, brake pedal recall done!
Problem free

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I had was a slight noise from the brake pedal but after getting the recall done it has gone away. No issues.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I had was a slight noise from the brake pedal but after getting the recall done it has gone away. No issues.
Mine has that! Kind of like a few wires of a wire brush snagging lightly against something. Maybe when I get my recalls done the noise will go away. I would happily put up with that as only issue other than squeaky console lid soon to be fixed. Wonderful truck!

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
I am just getting ready to hit 20,000 miles on my limited and have had 0 issues except for the factory recalls and having to get the stereo amp update to make the HK system sound like it should. I am loving this truck.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am just getting ready to hit 20,000 miles on my limited and have had 0 issues except for the factory recalls and having to get the stereo amp update to make the HK system sound like it should. I am loving this truck.
Wow, that is great news for that many miles! At what mileage do you feel truck (engine) was "broken in" and getting best mpg? Thanks! :cool: No squeaky console lid when you rest your arm on it?

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
Wow, that is great news for that many miles! At what mileage do you feel truck (engine) was "broken in" and getting best mpg? Thanks! :cool: No squeaky console lid when you rest your arm on it?
you know, that seemed so many miles ago that i cant remember for sure. i can tell you, at first i was like "what the heck" with my mileage like everyone else, but reading others post i knew it would get better. i was getting like 12-14 mpg at first but i would say at about 5000 i was getting much better mpg. i started to average 17 mix driving and maybe 19-20 all highway. i did install a pulsar and now if i am mostly highway taking it easy in eco mode i am getting 21-22 and i don't have e-torque. now if i am in performance mode the entire time, i will drop to high 15 mpg. lol but it is so much fun. Oh, and no squeaky console lid.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
11k miles in 6 months. No issues except the front brake squeal, which comes and goes, and depends on pressure and speed. It doesn't really bother me. Getting 16.5mpg on the freeway with 33x12.5x20 Ridge Grapplers. Works for me!

Rjhagner

Reaction score
Just over 5,300 miles in 3 months. The only issue is the brake recall which I haven't done yet. Absolutely no other issues and I love the truck! Mileage on a straight highway at 70 mph is getting almost 21 mpg and I'm averaging about 17. Towed a 4K travel trailer and got 14 mpg which was a pleasant surprise (but I was only going 50 mph as per the towing break-in instructions). I have had it on the beach several times with excellent results in soft sand.
No regrets for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/