5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's hear about the trouble free trucks

badger

Reaction score
Been lurking for awhile and just created an account. So I thought it was only fitting I posted in here first after the newbie intro post.
Had my Limited for a little over 2 months and put over 4k miles on it and I love the truck. No major problems at all except lower than expected MPG. Thanks to all of you that posted both good and bad.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1,400 miles trouble free so far! My truck was built in November 18'

November 2018 here as well, 1300, thusfar? Just an aggressive autobraking to the rear!
No issues though.

No leaking, no thunk I can detect, no transmission freezing up.
Stock exhaust is too quiet
Other than that, it's been fine?

Thank you to the guys who stuck it out with issues on their early rams!
us later guys got some nice damn trucks thanks to your help!

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Had a slight squeal on the front brakes, but that went away when I went with bigger tires. Overall I LOVE my truck. No issues. 3100 miles in a month. Got it in November, it was built in March '18 and sat on a lot for a long time.

This is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned. My MIL has a brand new Navigator and they like my truck better. (And the Navigator is sweet on the inside)

RamfanTenn

Reaction score
I have had my 2019 BigHorn less than 3 weeks. Have about 700 miles on it and so far no issues. Truck runs great, rides great and looks awesome. Time will tell, but so far, it's a keeper !

mjw930

Reaction score
The threads describing the issues owners have had came here organically. A thread asking for posts with a certain point of view is not organic. When I analyze Amazon product reviews I ignore all of the positive notes because they are paid for. I only carefully read the negative ones that are recent to understand the true issues of a product. Rah,rah is not needed here. Let people say what they want and do your best to analyze it but don’t try to sway people’s opinions by creating more hubbub or quieting others voices. I 100% use this forum to figure out MSRP and to learn about all of the problems and issues aid the 1500. I hope people’s descriptions of their experiences with the truck are not turned away here because they don’t follow a certain viewpoint.

The reason for threads like this is because what you call “organically” is far from it. The reality is membership, on forums like these, consist of 2 primary groups, fans / enthusiasts and people with issues. They are not an unbiased statistical sample of the vehicles ownership. Bottom line, the first place people go when they have a problem is the Internet. Unless you are an enthusiast or fanboy there is very little motivation for the average owner who is satisfied with their truck to join a forum like this and make a post telling the world how satisfied they are.

If any of the serious issues documented here were systemic it would make the mainstream news and dealerships would have more broken trucks sitting out back then they have new trucks out front.

Threads like these are trying to introduce a balance, primarily so when the larger group of people researching the vehicle hit the site they can read the good and the bad.

And for those of us who have been doing the Internet thing for decades we all know they every, and I mean every site of this type has reports of issues that would make the casual viewer think the product was garbage and not everyone (IMHO most) understand the concept that every hiccup will get pages and pages of posts while thousands of people driving millions of trouble free miles will never get documented.

BTW, 1 month and 1500 miles later my BigHorn Crew with Hemi, level 2 electronics and 4-Corner air has been perfect, one of the best riding, comfortable and capable 1/2 ton trucks I have ever owned.

Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason for threads like this is because what you call “organically” is far from it. The reality is membership, on forums like these, consist of 2 primary groups, fans / enthusiasts and people with issues. They are not an unbiased statistical sample of the vehicles ownership. Bottom line, the first place people go when they have a problem is the Internet. Unless you are an enthusiast or fanboy there is very little motivation for the average owner who is satisfied with their truck to join a forum like this and make a post telling the world how satisfied they are.

If any of the serious issues documented here were systemic it would make the mainstream news and dealerships would have more broken trucks sitting out back then they have new trucks out front.

Threads like these are trying to introduce a balance, primarily so when the larger group of people researching the vehicle hit the site they can read the good and the bad.

And for those of us who have been doing the Internet thing for decades we all know they every, and I mean every site of this type has reports of issues that would make the casual viewer think the product was garbage and not everyone (IMHO most) understand the concept that every hiccup will get pages and pages of posts while thousands of people driving millions of trouble free miles will never get documented.

BTW, 1 month and 1500 miles later my BigHorn Crew with Hemi, level 2 electronics and 4-Corner air has been perfect, one of the best riding, comfortable and capable 1/2 ton trucks I have ever owned.
Absolutely!(y)

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
The threads describing the issues owners have had came here organically. A thread asking for posts with a certain point of view is not organic. When I analyze Amazon product reviews I ignore all of the positive notes because they are paid for. I only carefully read the negative ones that are recent to understand the true issues of a product. Rah,rah is not needed here. Let people say what they want and do your best to analyze it but don’t try to sway people’s opinions by creating more hubbub or quieting others voices. I 100% use this forum to figure out MSRP and to learn about all of the problems and issues aid the 1500. I hope people’s descriptions of their experiences with the truck are not turned away here because they don’t follow a certain viewpoint.

@mjw930... excellent post! I had been meaning to comment on @Thedonandmikeshow's post since reading it a couple days ago, but couldn't have come close to wording it better myself. I came to this site initially to find the good and the bad before purchasing, and this thread helped make my decision to pull the trigger. I just turned 1000 miles on my Big Horn and absolutely love it so far. I initially thought I had a water leakage problem with my LED headlights, but it seems to have resolved itself.

I will have to reach out to Amazon though and see where my money is for all the positives reviews I've posted on the items I've purchased from them...? :rolleyes:

jschneider910

Reaction score
13,424 miles on my Limited. I have not had one single problem with the exception of a one time uconnect issue. My truck has been great and is extremely comfortable. OEM tires wore a bit funny, so I'm starting to look at a set of new Michelins.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
13,424 miles on my Limited......

13000+ miles?! Are you an Uber driver?! i know i'd be super happy if you showed up in THAT truck for my lift... J/k!

My 2019 2WD Black Sport Appearance Lone Star truck hasn't had ONE glitch. I'm coming from a 2018 4x4 Lifted Laramie so i was worried i might not be happy with the "downgrade"... But honestly, so easy to drive, beautiful looks, so many "extras" in the Lone Star Pkg, and i feel the 2019 design takes some of its styling cues from the Dakota, (which i LOVED :) , so i feel like i have a beautiful 2019 Crew Cab Dakota Sport but with better mpg & FULL SIZED with 20 inch wheels and a hemi!

dakota 2019 side by side.png

Last edited:

Dradin

Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have posted. I thought I would update this thread that I am now just under 10K miles and still absolutely love everything about this truck. I have taken two 9+ hour long road trips with family and it has been outstanding.

I also have to say that I feel a bit of pride when I am parked at a restaurant after a good clean and other truck guys are gawking at my Limited. It stands out. Once I show people the interior.....they are even more jealous.

If I had to be picky....I do wish carplay worked wirelessly but this is small potatoes.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is still doing fine. 8,000+ miles now. Going in for its 2nd oil change and tire rotation next week. Getting ready to head to Michigan for about 3 months. Not really thrilled about it. Kind of taking one for the team in a way. Dragging my Camaro up so that I I don't go stir crazy while I am up there. 20190309_071552.jpg 20190406_082239.jpg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problems here so far, though to be fair I don't even have 2k miles on it yet. I'm just about to hit 3 months of ownership.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
1200 miles and no problems......sounds kinda silly to report it, but its what it is.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Bought mine 10/26/18 and got a little over 7,000 miles on mine and only had 1 issue about the bump under the driver's side floor when turning left. Replaced the body mount bushing and solved the problem. Truck rides and drives great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/