5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your Dogs!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love my AmStaff. Great dogs, unshakeable (brave), very smart and loyal. A lot of people have started to realize they're not just an "evil pitbull" and are training them for service/work. Yes, if you didn't know they're part of the group of dogs people consider pitbulls. Those would be the Staffordsire Terrier (aka Staffordshire Bull Terrier), American Staffordsire Terrier (AmStaff), Pittbull Terrier, American Bully (a relatively new breed) and occasionally the Bull Terrier. So if someone mentions your "Pittie", don't be offended.
Anyway, the many variations of "pitbull" are being used as service dogs, as well as working dogs. It turns out that their loyalty is great for service, and their bravery is great for working dogs that may be in environments that other dogs could be skittish around such as noise, crowds, etc.

Here's ours, Radar. He's wearing a coat because it's cold going outside in the snow, and judging by that signature Pittie smile, I think he likes it.
View attachment 114234
He looks really happy! I just got mine a jacket also after I saw him shivering on a cold day.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL yeah he is living the good life. Radar shivers a lot too, or at least he used to.
My wife makes/donates dog coats to shelters and rescues for dogs who need them. Some for warmth, some for medical needs and some for support like a thunder shirt.
It all started with a cat we had who was obsessives about licking his back. She made him a very thin coat so he couldn't get to the hot spot, which was much easier than trying to cone a cat. This ultimately expanded to making coats for other cats/dogs who may need them for various reasons.
Anyway, not long after adopting Radar we noticed he would shiver on cold days. She made him a coat and he's been all smiles and wagging whips ever since.

Last edited:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm saving his ashes in case they can ever clone a dog from them.
I've got the ashes from our first dog too, and we plan to do the same for all the dogs we have now.
I've always promised them I'd never leave them behind. If I have to (overnight vet stay for example) I've promised I'll always come back for them. Yes I know they're dogs and they don't understand me but I don't care. I figure this is a promise I can keep whether it's for me or them. After they die I can keep them with me because I'm not leaving them behind and I'm afraid that if I burry them out in the field and then we move I've broken my promise. After I die, my family can burry or spread the ashes somewhere, or do whatever they see fit.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is Adelaide, our 11-month Australian Cattle Dog mix who just joined our family a month ago.
View attachment 114323
And here is Milky, our 8 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
View attachment 114325
Back when I lived in a neighborhood someone down the street had one of the Assie dogs they rescued. Some people complained because they left him out front and the yard was not fenced. I would just laugh. You could not convince that dog to leave the yard with a t-bone steak. I told people he was a herder and his only concern was keeping his family in the yard. He was a cool dog.

swizlstik

Reaction score
Our mutts, Shelby and Luke
884f72fadf6204e8519e717bc0ef182c.jpeg

9e16f88e8b8f86054485d3ad5487b0f8.jpeg

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
I will partake even though he pissed me off before work this morning by killing his 18th rabbit. They never learn to stay out of his yard.
Hate the game, not the player!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread