5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leitner Gearpods on a bed that already has Ramboxes. Yay or Nay?

YAY or NAY?

• NAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • U CRAZY BRO!?

• STOP MESSING WITH YOUR RIDE!

• TRUCKS ARE MADE TO PUT S#!T ON THEM

• DON'T CARE EITHER WAY

• I ALREADY HATE RAMBOXES, A TRUCK IS SUPPOSED TO BE JUST A TRUCK.

• Total voters

costaricarams

Reaction score
I know I know. OVERKILL. hehe.
Why in the hell would I want to add Leitner Gearpods on a rack on top of a bed that already has Ramboxes???
Well, the question for me is: Why not? :) I was thinking of maybe the basic Gearpods (a couple on each side) plus Rotopax gallons.
I'm thinking that probably, being that the Gearpods are around 17" deep and that the bed is around 49" wide, that leaves a breath of only 15" or so on half the bed near the cab.
My RAM is not a workhorse, far from it. Leisure pleasure cruiser. And I would be okay with backward visibility limited to side mirrors and the rearview on camera mode.
You can never have enough space, that's my motto (in truth, you can never through enough crap on your truck!).

So let me have it! Tell me how ludicrous it would be! Unnecessary... :)
I only wanted the rack before for the water tank and the awning, the rack in itself is already a complicated situation with probably having to get it custom-made (expensive too).
But what the heck, these cars look great no matter what you put on them, practicality be damned :D RIGHT?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread