5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Reverse Lights

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got the lights on Saturday. Brackets will be in today. I hope to post after the install with a mini-review.
Thanks to @Kbonk83 for the initial post!

Last edited:

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool, definitely want to see pics. I just put in the much brighter cargo upper lights and they help light up everything better. I also created a lightshow with the Tazer that turns on all lights steady on (Brights, Lows, Fogs, Reverse, Puddles, Blinkers) but I didn't see the programming option for the cargo lights with the lightshow.
I have the Tazer DT... How did you customize your own lightshow?

Kbonk83

Reaction score
Wanting to pull trigger on some lights are theses Walmart ones worth the price??? And how are they holding up?
Lights are still working great. No issues or complaints. I’d recommend them.

Kbonk83

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the rigid or black oaks...
I wouldn’t steer you away from those options. Now that I know the setup works, I’d recommend using better lights. Not to say the setup I have is bad or doesn’t work, but there are definitely better lights out there.

kittyjo

Reaction score
I wouldn’t steer you away from those options. Now that I know the setup works, I’d recommend using better lights. Not to say the setup I have is bad or doesn’t work, but there are definitely better lights out there.
Agree just to many options out there and reviews I’ve read point to those 2.....I wud like 2pods in the back and one 20inch Infront. Recommendations are welcomed

cra1g

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the rigid or black oaks...

I was going to do the same thing with Rigids. Ordered the lights--got a factory-sealed package with pair of lights, only one mounting bracket, and a wiring harness with only one connector for a light. Contacted warranty support through their website twice and got zero response. I'm sending them back to the vendor for a refund. If my experience is typical of their quality and customer service, you'd be better off with the $12 ones from Amazon.

I ordered a pair of Baja Designs S2 instead.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Lights installed and work decent, but no match for the LPR. Hopefully they will release an updated model that fixes the rubbing soon. I will re-order if they do.

AartWessels

Reaction score

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
I installed these :

I just attached them with the included adhesive at the bottom of the bumper, just to the left and right from the tow hook, and they perform great.
Still holding on strong, even after some pressure washes, and the additional light they give is great.
Do you have any pictures?

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox, 5.7l 4x4 3.92, Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards, full ceramic tint
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 35x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels
Tazer DT, Lomax cover, Bed Rug.

*Future Mods"
Borla s-type exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Can

AartWessels

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures?

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox, 5.7l 4x4 3.92, Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards, full ceramic tint
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 35x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels
Tazer DT, Lomax cover, Bed Rug.

*Future Mods"
Borla s-type exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Can

I only have some pictures of the light effect, not of the way they look installed, I can see if i can take a pic in the coming days, but days are getting short here already, so not much daylight when I leave the office :)

IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0622.JPG

managed to take some pictures at the gas station:

4EB54FE5-13C6-4AC2-81A3-9889C3FCC823.jpeg 30E48A6D-CA09-4FD9-BC60-1C748B528185.jpeg 1E1B2C71-B1C2-4F11-BB0B-F21988A2DD6E.jpeg

Last edited:

Semobrewer

Reaction score
I installed these :

I just attached them with the included adhesive at the bottom of the bumper, just to the left and right from the tow hook, and they perform great.
Still holding on strong, even after some pressure washes, and the additional light they give is great.
How are these holding up? Any issue with adhesive coming loose?

AartWessels

Reaction score
How are these holding up? Any issue with adhesive coming loose?
Still a happy camper. Adhesives are still going strong, and have been through the carwash with high pressure washers quite some times. No real cold temperatures here yet, but enough rain. No problem so far. Can’t be beat for this price I guess.

zlman

Reaction score
I only have some pictures of the light effect, not of the way they look installed, I can see if i can take a pic in the coming days, but days are getting short here already, so not much daylight when I leave the office :)

View attachment 37945 View attachment 37946

managed to take some pictures at the gas station:

View attachment 37988 View attachment 37989 View attachment 37990
Ordered, these are the most low profile option I've seen used. Thanks for the link!

stepbill

Reaction score
I am ordering the Rigid SRQ pro diffused back up light from Amazon (2 lights included) along with the Curt trailer splitter and was wondering how you tied into the harness? Will I have to tie in two separate areas for each light and did you use clip on wire connectors? Thanks for any help!

zlman

Reaction score
Installed the Curt Y harness this morning, now to wait for the aliexpress order to arrive. Harness was a breeze to install, 10 min tops, covered all connections with a solid coating of dielectric grease.

Not too enthused about using the tape option to attach, going to investigate my options for that.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Tazer DT... How did you customize your own lightshow?

Somehow I missed this post. Did you get your custom light show configured using your computer attached to the Tazer? There is a software on their website that you can download and then use to configure your Tazer DT while it is out of the truck connected via USB to your computer and you can also update the Tazer Software if you don't have the latest version.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am ordering the Rigid SRQ pro diffused back up light from Amazon (2 lights included) along with the Curt trailer splitter and was wondering how you tied into the harness? Will I have to tie in two separate areas for each light and did you use clip on wire connectors? Thanks for any help!
Additional info below. I finished the install last week (posts 27 & 28).

Users who are viewing this thread