5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Reverse Lights

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks Jako, your install is what inspired me to do it. That was a great write up!
Thanks for the thanks. Lot of good people on the forum sharing their knowledge and info (VLEDS, Kafeek, SMD, Baja) that helped and encouraged. I think most people can handle the install. Not too bad of an install if you have "things" in hand. I took my time "assembling", sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
The SQRs look sharp, nice lenses. Looking forward to your "What I did to my Ram today".

Last edited:

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this post. Did you get your custom light show configured using your computer attached to the Tazer? There is a software on their website that you can download and then use to configure your Tazer DT while it is out of the truck connected via USB to your computer and you can also update the Tazer Software if you don't have the latest version.
OH see I did not know that. I never use the light show feature and really only wanted to customize all my lights to flash as 4 ways for safety reasons when at events for my business. Thank you for replying I will download the software for the Tazer site today.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanting to pull trigger on some lights are theses Walmart ones worth the price??? And how are they holding up?

I got the same Nilights off Amazon and they are working fine but the one on the right has gotten some moisture in it. It looks like I can open it from the side and wipe out the moisture and then seal it back up.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Ya I had mine for a while now no problems. So bright at night people flash their brights . Can see for at least a hundred yards in pitch black.

Jakecukich

Reaction score
So using the curt connector, if I go to plug in my jet ski trailer.. is everything still going to work?

brawler1588

Reaction score
So using the curt connector, if I go to plug in my jet ski trailer.. is everything still going to work?
Yes the curt adapter plugs into the rear behind the bumper and just gives you an extra wiring harness to play with so you don't have to touch factory wires.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
So is there really a need for the splitter if you can just wire it into the reverse light and if that's possible what do I do with the other wire on the light? Is that just a wire to connect to the chassis for a ground?

Jako

Reaction score
So is there really a need for the splitter if you can just wire it into the reverse light and if that's possible what do I do with the other wire on the light? Is that just a wire to connect to the chassis for a ground?
You can do it that way. I think members go the harness route for warranty and reliability. Yes, ground.

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
You can do it that way. I think members go the harness route for warranty and reliability. Yes, ground.
Thanks, Saturday job is confirmed!! That and Tonneau cover all in the same chore and I will be 1/90th of the way to completion. lol

Jako

Reaction score
Thanks, Saturday job is confirmed!! That and Tonneau cover all in the same chore and I will be 1/90th of the way to completion. lol
Here is the site for "Ram Crack":
Once you get started it may be hard to kick the addiction.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
67a0b121cc0827dd82edfe644f6f7a1d.jpg

73f22d51a5e31cc72d7d45d5ba5e221e.jpg

Can someone help. I ordered these two parts. Are the pigtails correct? Or did I get the wrong one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Reaction score
67a0b121cc0827dd82edfe644f6f7a1d.jpg

73f22d51a5e31cc72d7d45d5ba5e221e.jpg

Can someone help. I ordered these two parts. Are the pigtails correct? Or did I get the wrong one?

I am not sure what you are trying to do but here is a lot of information and options on reverse lights.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are trying to do but here is a lot of information and options on reverse lights.

Mounting in the bottom bumper and using a plug n play kit while splicing into that harness so I don’t have to splice into the factory wires. I looked through those and I couldn’t find what I once found lol. Just want to see if anyone can chime and see if I can use the harness to plug into the back of the bumper with this.

Let me try looking again

Users who are viewing this thread