5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Headlight housing upgrade

cwatts10

Reaction score
I have a 2024 ram 1500 that came with halogen headlights. I ordered the factory OEM LED headlights from INFOTAINMENT. I got everything installed including the wiring harness etc. everything works but when I have the DRL setting on in the system settings the DRLs and the low beams come on. Is this something I need to change in programming? I know the DRLs on the halogens were the low beams. Could that programming cause the LED DRLs and low beams to come on during the day? If I turn the DRL setting off no lights are on during the day.

However, when I remote start the truck the DRLs come on without the low beams as they are supposed to.

Also, I want to make sure I have the fuse placement for the DRLs correct. At first after watching infotainment video they said tap the DRL harness at fuse 35, when I did this it locked out the radio. I then watched a headlight revolution video and they said tap at fuse 38 and that worked other than the issues described above.

The DRL harness has a 15 amp fuse in it but has a 2nd fuse slot too, should I put the 10a I took out in that? Also is fuse 38 the correct place to tap?

Any advice is appreciated.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used F38. Skip to around the 6 minute mark in the Morimoto install video

cwatts10

Reaction score
I used F38. Skip to around the 6 minute mark in the Morimoto install video

Thanks. Mine is in F38 but only has one fuse in the tap should I put the 10a I took out in the tap as well? It has an open fuse slot.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2024 ram 1500 that came with halogen headlights. I ordered the factory OEM LED headlights from INFOTAINMENT. I got everything installed including the wiring harness etc. everything works but when I have the DRL setting on in the system settings the DRLs and the low beams come on. Is this something I need to change in programming? I know the DRLs on the halogens were the low beams. Could that programming cause the LED DRLs and low beams to come on during the day? If I turn the DRL setting off no lights are on during the day.

However, when I remote start the truck the DRLs come on without the low beams as they are supposed to.

Also, I want to make sure I have the fuse placement for the DRLs correct. At first after watching infotainment video they said tap the DRL harness at fuse 35, when I did this it locked out the radio. I then watched a headlight revolution video and they said tap at fuse 38 and that worked other than the issues described above.

The DRL harness has a 15 amp fuse in it but has a 2nd fuse slot too, should I put the 10a I took out in that? Also is fuse 38 the correct place to tap?

Any advice is appreciated.
The DRLs will always be the low beam headlight bulb location, no matter which OEM headlights you use.
What you are referring to as “the DRL harness and fuse tap” is actually the wiring that makes the signature lighting work. The signature lighting is the white strips above and below the headlight bulbs, and they are a completely different feature than the DRLs.
If you only want the white upper and lower strips on during the day when the headlights are off, then turn off the DRLs in the radio settings.
And like mentioned above, you need to install that 10amp fuse into the fuse tap.

cwatts10

Reaction score
The DRLs will always be the low beam headlight bulb location, no matter which OEM headlights you use.
What you are referring to as “the DRL harness and fuse tap” is actually the wiring that makes the signature lighting work. The signature lighting is the white strips above and below the headlight bulbs, and they are a completely different feature than the DRLs.
If you only want the white upper and lower strips on during the day when the headlights are off, then turn off the DRLs in the radio settings.
And like mentioned above, you need to install that 10amp fuse into the fuse tap.
Thanks for your response. I did add the 10a fuse in the fuse tap and the “signature lighting” began working. And yes I had to turn the DRL setting off to keep low beams off during the day. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread