5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lease Rates?

LossPrev

Reaction score
Just got a Big Horn.
msrp - $49,800. v8 hemi, Level 1 equiqment, bed utility, remote start, parking sensors, wheel to wheel steps.

total due at lease signing - $3,650. (dealer said this was for NY taxes, first payment, fees, plates and stuff)

$399 a month. 36 months. 10,000 miles.

i was supposed to get $350 a month with 12k miles. (with same down payment) and they said my credit wasnt accepted, even though it was a 760! apparently because i never leased a car before. (my credit is good because i took out two $12k motorcycles.) so... they came back with the deal that i described up top and i had to use my gf as a cosigner.

Can someone please tell me if I got a good deal or if they got me? thanks

I can't speak to NY rules and regulations but in WI we aren't required to put anything down and they can roll all that crap into the lease payment... I did have to make my first lease payment on signing though but that counts as one of my 36 so it's not a down payment. Basically we pay sales tax on every payment rather than a lump 5%. Its a seperate line item on the payment screen

I would call B/S on the credit score. 760 is a really good number and no way in hell you should need a cosigner with that score unless maybe they wanted to see more income??

I personally think $399 isn't a pretty good rate IF I was putting $0 and I would push for 12k/year. I would never "buy my payment down" on a lease.

Ls15

Reaction score
Just got a Big Horn.
msrp - $49,800. v8 hemi, Level 1 equiqment, bed utility, remote start, parking sensors, wheel to wheel steps.

total due at lease signing - $3,650. (dealer said this was for NY taxes, first payment, fees, plates and stuff)

$399 a month. 36 months. 10,000 miles.

i was supposed to get $350 a month with 12k miles. (with same down payment) and they said my credit wasnt accepted, even though it was a 760! apparently because i never leased a car before. (my credit is good because i took out two $12k motorcycles.) so... they came back with the deal that i described up top and i had to use my gf as a cosigner.

Can someone please tell me if I got a good deal or if they got me? thanks
Basically you’re at 500$ a month with 0/Das . The factor must of been credit I assume? With an increased money factor . Weird though on 760 score .

iupui1299

Reaction score
Finally got all the numbers on mine. $51,690 MSRP, final price was $39,940 when all was said and done. Put down $445, and payment is $445. Residual was 55% and money factor was .00168 . Credit was a 690. 39month lease with 10k miles.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Basically you’re at 500$ a month with 0/Das . The factor must of been credit I assume? With an increased money factor . Weird though on 760 score .
Impact may have been income net of debt payment or credit/debt ratio. Some dealers encourage splitting rent/mortgage with your spouse “roommate” to increase apparent income net of payments.

U

User_3336

I am not sure I believe that lease quote. guy states he didn't put any money down. Also, he did not list the residual value. PLUS, there just isn't the "lease cash" to bring that deal down to that #. (there is only a 1,000 lease cash currently on that trim). So, his discount didn't yield him a $11,000 discount, certainly not on a lease. i'd say that payment was closer to $550 or more.

People can brag about the "deals" they got in leasing, but i've love to see his lease contract.

As stated, then they do a special lease deal, its always on a Big horn crew 4x4, for example.
Definitely NOT on a limited or laramie.

Looks like 24 months lease is the sweet spot on the new RAM trucks.
The best (lowest) MF is the Big Horn trim @ 0.00011.

Check out this lease deal someone who got an employee price deal in MI - $434 / month on a $62K Laramie trim:
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/did-i-get-a-good-deal-2019-ram-1500-laramie/75886

Last edited by a moderator:

djwdjw

Reaction score
As stated, then they do a special lease deal, its always on a Big horn crew 4x4, for example.

This was my finding too when I worked hard to lease a Limited. A lot of incentive money evaporated on the lease cap cost (and the mf) that could still be had on a purchase.

Last edited:

Ls15

Reaction score
I am not sure I believe that lease quote. guy states he didn't put any money down. Also, he did not list the residual value. PLUS, there just isn't the "lease cash" to bring that deal down to that #. (there is only a 1,000 lease cash currently on that trim). So, his discount didn't yield him a $11,000 discount, certainly not on a lease. i'd say that payment was closer to $550 or more.

People can brag about the "deals" they got in leasing, but i've love to see his lease contract.

Yep , i'm always on leasehackr but this guy just didn't make sense. 5% employee pricing? I mean i can achieve 7% below invoice..... Numbers don't add up unless he had a trade which he didn't disclose.

U

User_3336

He didn't disclose a lot of things. Guess he just wanted everyone to think he got this imagined good deal. FCA employee cost is only 1,000 below invoice. Supplier cost is 1% below invoice + $75.

The deal he posted was fake. (and he was a new user at that)

Yep , i'm always on leasehackr but this guy just didn't make sense. 5% employee pricing? I mean i can achieve 7% below invoice..... Numbers don't add up unless he had a trade which he didn't disclose.

4sallypat

Reaction score

The lease hacker person did say he used his EP (Employee Purchase) coupon to get 5% below invoice and then the dealer discount on top of that.

Very possible if you have an EP coupon.

And this month the Laramie trim MF went down.

U

User_3336

He would not have received both.

He might have received 5% below invoice, but there isn't any additional dealer discount.
the 5% below invoice ***IS*** the discount.

Like I said employee purchase is typically $1,000 below invoice, so based off the "invoice" price, it is hard to determine how much 5% was.

Anyway, there are alot of factors wrong with that deal. Not buying it.

The lease hacker person did say he used his EP (Employee Purchase) coupon to get 5% below invoice and then the dealer discount on top of that.

Very possible if you have an EP coupon.

And this month the Laramie trim MF went down.

crvttcrss

Reaction score
I just joined the forum and wanted to ask anyone with information on leasing a rebel. I negotiated a 2019 Rebel White two tone with a 5.7 hemi that stickered for 56,310 to 44,250. I currently am leasing a 2016 Gmc Sierra Denali that I owe 3960 to get out of the lease. The dealer quoted me 2,000 down 625 a month for 36 months rolling over the 3960 into the new lease. I live in Pa. Not sure how they come up with the numbers. I plugged in rough numbers on rams website to lease it and I am in the 400's. Am i being taken over or does the monthly number sound right? Thanks Guys!

U

User_3336

You need information such as the residual value and the money factor to determine how to completely calculate a correct lease payment.

you lease rollover would have been an additional $110 a month to what ever the base lease was.
But unknown how the 2,000 down was figured in (possibly added another $55 into the lease per month).

so, without the factors you need to accurately calculate it your 400 you calculated (which those manufacturer lease calculators are never right), you could have expected to have added another $165 into your lease, so that puts you at 565 already (with the information you supplied). not sure if you payment included monthly sales tax or not.

So, too many unknown factors to accurately state if you got "screwed" or not! LOL

I just joined the forum and wanted to ask anyone with information on leasing a rebel. I negotiated a 2019 Rebel White two tone with a 5.7 hemi that stickered for 56,310 to 44,250. I currently am leasing a 2016 Gmc Sierra Denali that I owe 3960 to get out of the lease. The dealer quoted me 2,000 down 625 a month for 36 months rolling over the 3960 into the new lease. I live in Pa. Not sure how they come up with the numbers. I plugged in rough numbers on rams website to lease it and I am in the 400's. Am i being taken over or does the monthly number sound right? Thanks Guys!

crvttcrss

Reaction score
You need information such as the residual value and the money factor to determine how to completely calculate a correct lease payment.

you lease rollover would have been an additional $110 a month to what ever the base lease was.
But unknown how the 2,000 down was figured in (possibly added another $55 into the lease per month).

so, without the factors you need to accurately calculate it your 400 you calculated (which those manufacturer lease calculators are never right), you could have expected to have added another $165 into your lease, so that puts you at 565 already (with the information you supplied). not sure if you payment included monthly sales tax or not.

So, too many unknown factors to accurately state if you got "screwed" or not! LOL
Understandable. Thanks for the response. I will try to get more detailed info on the base lease price from the dealer.

crvttcrss

Reaction score
Understandable. Thanks for the response. I will try to get more detailed info on the base lease price from the dealer.
But lets say you take 110 off the payment of 625 in which they quoted me which includes everything. Im at 515 a month. Is that in the ball park of what these trucks are going for.

4sallypat

Reaction score
But lets say you take 110 off the payment of 625 in which they quoted me which includes everything. Im at 515 a month. Is that in the ball park of what these trucks are going for.
Check your PM inbox.
It's a fair payment for a Rebel with the MSRP but you need to get the MF, RV, net cap cost, rebates, and fees.

I'm negotiating on the same trim and almost same MSRP but I have been quoted $500/month using an inflated MF.
Edmunds says I should be at $450 using their MF (Chrysler Capital).

crvttcrss

Reaction score
Check your PM inbox.
It's a fair payment for a Rebel with the MSRP but you need to get the MF, RV, net cap cost, rebates, and fees.

I'm negotiating on the same trim and almost same MSRP but I have been quoted $500/month using an inflated MF.
Ok thsnks again. Im working on getting numbers

crvttcrss

Reaction score
This is the truck.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF (2).pdf
    92.6 KB · Views: 19

Ls15

Reaction score
Check your PM inbox.

Mind sharing the details on your deal ? Pm is fine

Lotpb

Reaction score
I just found out my credit rating is 575....any ideas how I can get my hands on a new lease without selling my soul....I have a current lease with Hyundai always on time with 2 payments left at 299.18....I can afford a payment around 399 with 2000 down plus DMV... Big Horn about 52,000

Users who are viewing this thread