5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lease Rates?

weazer73

Reaction score
Has anyone leased a Bighorn or Laramie this month? The dealer I'm working with has given me what I think is decent pricing on a Bighorn, lease numbers come in at the real low $400's, have to find my notes but that was for 15,000 miles and 36 months. But I was looking into a Laramie as well, he's about 6k higher in price on that truck and is at $619 a month 15k and 36, sign and drive.

Just curious what others have paid. The Laramie he has to get from another dealer, so I'm sure he won't move as much on the price on that like the bighorn he has on the lot. And he's saying that my Sam's $500 or my Walmart $500 rebates won't work with a lease either.

tpme06

Reaction score
I did pretty well on my Laramie lease I got two weeks ago. 12k miles for 36 months, 1k down and first payment due at signing. MRSP 51k, negotiated down to $45,495 w/ $1,250 rebate... so $44,245 and $25 title fee (no doc fees). My lease is $426/month.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I went on Rams website and calculate my lease payments. They were lower then what my dealer told me by about $80/month on a 36 month lease. That comes out to about 3k more over the entire lease extra. Shouldn't the dealers numbers match with the ram website? I double checked all the numbers too so I'm comparing apples to apples.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I went on Rams website and calculate my lease payments. They were lower then what my dealer told me by about $80/month on a 36 month lease. That comes out to about 3k more over the entire lease extra. Shouldn't the dealers numbers match with the ram website? I double checked all the numbers too so I'm comparing apples to apples.
Manufacturers let dealers adjust the interest rate for a lease. The website quotes you at the lowest interest rate possible, if the dealer put you in a lower credit rating bucket or padded the interest rate, there's not much you can do.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Manufacturers let dealers adjust the interest rate for a lease. The website quotes you at the lowest interest rate possible, if the dealer put you in a lower credit rating bucket or padded the interest rate, there's not much you can do.
Well I definitely wouldn't be in a lower credit rating bucket - I have excellent credit score. But the padding might be something I can negotiate with the dealer.

4sallypat

Reaction score
Yes, the interest rate or MF (money factor) is negotiable.
Getting the base MF (absolute lowest) is tough because the dealer wants to make some money.
BTW the bank sets the residual value (value of the vehicle after depreciation) and that can not be negotiated.

You should ask which bank the dealer is using when leasing.
That has a HUGE impact on lease rates.
Most likely Chrysler Capital is used as their captive bank but sometimes it pays to ask if the dealer can go thru US Bank or Ally.
Your bank or credit union may also have their own leasing rates as well which is more truthful than the dealer who can play with your numbers.

You should also negotiate the purchase price of the car by finding out if you can get friends/family discount (1% below invoice) or even better EP = employee pricing at 5% below invoice.
If you can, the dealer has to show you the rate on paper.
Some dealers will go more than 5% off MSRP but it helps to know how hard the dealer wants to sell that lot car.

jabiera

Reaction score
I just finalized a deal yesterday and am planning to sign and pick it up this evening. I got a Big horn with the level 2 package with a spray in liner for $369 down, $369 a month. 10k miles for 36 months. This is my first time leasing and getting a truck for we'll see how it goes!! I spoke to around 6 dealerships in the area (both ram and ford) and had them fight for my business. Ultimately the RAM was a little better in my eyes and they had a better deal.

I was quoted around $500 for the laramie.

Mikeg

Reaction score
that happened to me as well, which was irritating. their stock answer is that the website doesnt include tax/tags, etc. i had to do the standard play a few dealers off of eachother. example of a ridiculous initial offer i got was a bighorn 5.7 level 2, 3500 down and 560/month, 10k miles per year, 36 mos. needless to say i left.

jabiera

Reaction score
that happened to me as well, which was irritating. their stock answer is that the website doesnt include tax/tags, etc. i had to do the standard play a few dealers off of eachother. example of a ridiculous initial offer i got was a bighorn 5.7 level 2, 3500 down and 560/month, 10k miles per year, 36 mos. needless to say i left.
Wow... that's way too much. If you're in the West part of the indiana/michigan area let me know. I'll give you the dealer I went through. I did all the negotiating over the phone and he was great. Sounds like mine is the exact same truck you were looking at.

Mikeg

Reaction score
Wow... that's way too much. If you're in the West part of the indiana/michigan area let me know. I'll give you the dealer I went through. I did all the negotiating over the phone and he was great. Sounds like mine is the exact same truck you were looking at.
thanks, and agree. i got a rebel from another dealer. im in jersey.

Jonnycia

Reaction score
2019 Laramie 4 x 2, sticker price is $59,000. Discounted down to 54,000, $2000 down they want 676 a month. Is it just me or this seems very high for lease

tpme06

Reaction score
2019 Laramie 4 x 2, sticker price is $59,000. Discounted down to 54,000, $2000 down they want 676 a month. Is it just me or this seems very high for lease
Seems extremely high, should be able to negotiate a lower price plus a small rebate available I believe.

Ls15

Reaction score

Check out edmunds for MF & residual & incentives in your area. Also Leasehackr forums are the best for leasing in general you can search 2019 ram and see what others have paid.

Btw that 676 with 2k down is way to much.

4sallypat

Reaction score
thanks, and agree. i got a rebel from another dealer. im in jersey.
Could you tell us how the Rebel leased ?
Were there rebates & incentives similar to the Big Horn trim ??

I started looking at loading up a Big Horn since they lease so well but then I really like the Rebel trim....

4sallypat

Reaction score
As @Ls15 said, that rate is too high.
For leasing, the rule of 1% of MSRP is not being met and should be actually 0.9% or better.
Ask the dealer to give you a friends/family rate (1% below MSRP) and then see what incentives can be added onto the deal.
Do some homework with FCA's incredible list of eligible incentives - I had to do some research to figure out I was able to qualify for a small business / on the job discounts which most people don't look for.

Mikeg

Reaction score
Could you tell us how the Rebel leased ?
Were there rebates & incentives similar to the Big Horn trim ??

I started looking at loading up a Big Horn since they lease so well but then I really like the Rebel trim....
sure...$2000 down 525/month. 3 years, 12k per year. dealer paid last 3 months of current lease, included a spray in bedliner and running boards as a negotiating point because the truck has the tow mirrors without power folding which i wanted.

Mikeg

Reaction score
note mine is a level 1 equipment group with nav, not level 2.

abbthe1

Reaction score
$59K Laramie for $590 per month sign and drive with NY taxes rolled in. NY taxes are pretty high. Big Horn will lease much better, because incentives are larger. A good measuring stick is when your monthly payment around 1% of MSRP. If that's the case then you are getting a decent deal.

Jonnycia

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Trying to really get it low. Offered $2000 down and $520/month. So let’s see

Biggziggie

Reaction score
I got a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, sport appearance package, in all white. With panoramic roof.

MSRP: $58,000

Lease: 2k down
$525 a month

Located in NYC. Anyone looking for a good deal, let me know! My guy will give you a good deal

Users who are viewing this thread