5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaky Cab Denied Warranty

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
First time poster. Looking for any for any advice here. This is my first Ram and have had nothing but problems.
I bought a 2020 Laramie in December 2020 and the cab leaks terribly. Water leaks in through back glass slider and the headliner is stained all the way across the cab. Called dealership and brought it in. Service advisor said it was the 4th truck with the same problem. She took pics herself and claim was denied (after no follow up, for a month, I had to call and ask what was going on). Trash dealership did not even notify me. Fast forward a month, and I was told take pics with water entering the cab. As in drench the truck with pics of water entering the interior.... this is ridiculous.
Anyone had any luck dealing with Ram getting leaks fixed?
At this point I wish I kept my Silverado.

Ram Cares?

Attachments

• 0B87523C-4403-4586-9CE5-2BAD0496E30D.jpeg
    0B87523C-4403-4586-9CE5-2BAD0496E30D.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 3C516B1D-909E-49A0-A373-0807404333AA.jpeg
    3C516B1D-909E-49A0-A373-0807404333AA.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 300

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry you got this issue, I would contact RamCares, he is a member here, if you are under warranty you should have no issues having this covered. He can and has helped people with crappy dealers who don't want to play ball with this situation.

Just a note, you likely would not have had better luck with the current gen Silverado, which has the same rear window vendor as RAM, the rear window leaks for the current gen Silverado/Sierra are just as bad.

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
@RamCares do something. It’s a brand new truck under warranty. Ram Hendrick in North Charleston SC hasn’t done anything to make it right.

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @SD Rebel. It was a 2010 Silvy no leaks or slider window. Gave it to my dad after I got the Ram. If I knew what I knew now I would have kept it for sure. Single cab tank

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @SD Rebel. It was a 2010 Silvy no leaks or slider window. Gave it to my dad after I got the Ram. If I knew what I knew now I would have kept it for sure. Single cab tank

No worries. Oh gotcha, yeah I've never had a rear window leak before on any of my past trucks, not on this one as well but I'm keeping an eye on it. My Rebel is 2 years old and still leak and crack free.

Wife's got a 2020 Silverdo, luckily no leak either even though it's a huge thing on Silverado forums as well. Apparently Ford is the only one of the late model trucks not to have issues with their rear windows, which makes sense since Ford has used a completely different rear window design and vendor.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie that has no problems at all, The truck is nearly two years old. But if I did have a problem like you do with the leak and they would not fix it I would trade that sucker off so fast and never look back at another Chrysler vehicle. I too have never had anything but Silverado’s, I never had a real problem out of any of them. If I were you I would go to another dealer; it’s hard for me to believe that Ram will not Do warranty on a leaking cab on a brand new truck within the 36,000 mile three-year warranty

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is a relatively common problem on 5th gens, and many people have gotten this fixed under warranty. There are several threads here with tons of posts about the experiences people have had. I'd take it to another dealership if this one isn't helping you with the problem.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
The cracked rear window surround is an issue; there is a long thread on it somewhere here. There is also the TSB posted above. If that dealer won't fix it, take it to another. I had mine replaced without question.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there is a long thread on it somewhere here.

RamCares

Reaction score
First time poster. Looking for any for any advice here. This is my first Ram and have had nothing but problems.
I bought a 2020 Laramie in December 2020 and the cab leaks terribly. Water leaks in through back glass slider and the headliner is stained all the way across the cab. Called dealership and brought it in. Service advisor said it was the 4th truck with the same problem. She took pics herself and claim was denied (after no follow up, for a month, I had to call and ask what was going on). Trash dealership did not even notify me. Fast forward a month, and I was told take pics with water entering the cab. As in drench the truck with pics of water entering the interior.... this is ridiculous.
Anyone had any luck dealing with Ram getting leaks fixed?
At this point I wish I kept my Silverado.

Ram Cares?
Sorry you got this issue, I would contact RamCares, he is a member here, if you are under warranty you should have no issues having this covered. He can and has helped people with crappy dealers who don't want to play ball with this situation.

Just a note, you likely would not have had better luck with the current gen Silverado, which has the same rear window vendor as RAM, the rear window leaks for the current gen Silverado/Sierra are just as bad.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @SD Rebel and @Volunteer1589!

We're sorry to hear about the leaking concern regarding your vehicle's window @Volunteer1589. Let's work toward finding a solution! We would like to assist with the aid of a dealer, so to get started send our team a private message with your VIN as well as some additional details regarding this matter.

Hannah
Ram Cares

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The cracked rear window surround is an issue; there is a long thread on it somewhere here. There is also the TSB posted above. If that dealer won't fix it, take it to another. I had mine replaced without question.
Do you often feel the need to repeat what someone posted just before you posted? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine was covered, free loaner also, GO to a different dealer..there is a tsb out for the 3rd brake light also w replacement and nee torque screws...my window was leaking they found a hair line crack in the glass and window frame..like i said check a diff dealer all replaced

TBfshr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issue. I went through pretty much the same issue with my Nissan Titan but they got approved to fix it.
Long story short they attempted to fix it 4 times and failed! The final time they had it for 2 months! and when I got it back it was worse than when I brought it in including paint damage! So the corporate bought it back after a long battle. Hopefully you have better luck.

steve_h_wi

Reaction score
Mine was covered too. FYI in case anyone from Ram is listening, I suspect if you researched the problem on these slider windows you would find that everyone with the leak/broken frame also has a hard toneau cover. When you fold it up the the panel smacks against the center support over the window. Probably what is breaking them. It's a design flaw, but could be avoidable if owners knew the damage they were doing.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Mine was covered too. FYI in case anyone from Ram is listening, I suspect if you researched the problem on these slider windows you would find that everyone with the leak/broken frame also has a hard toneau cover. When you fold it up the the panel smacks against the center support over the window. Probably what is breaking them. It's a design flaw, but could be avoidable if owners knew the damage they were doing.

Nope, no cover here. Took me over a year to get it replaced (the first 3 dealers I went to were horrible, had to move out of state to find a decent one) but it was covered under warranty.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Not sure where you are doing your research, but literally wrong. Not everyone with the leak has a hard toneau.

Aggrobash

Reaction score
I had a 2019 Laramie that had the same problem. No toneau. I was a couple thousand miles over on my warranty, but my dealership has been awesome so they were going to fix it for free, as the service department has a budget for repairs regarding customer service. I thought it initially cracked due to moisture and freezing from the winter months, but after reading everyone else's problems I'm not so sure. Funny thing is, we were going through the exact same problem with my wife's 2017 Silverado, but we thought it was the 3rd brake light leaking due to the pattern of the water spots on the headliner, and that dealership (owned by the same company no less) charged us, only for the leak to happen again, so we found out it was also the back window weather-stripping (no visible cracks though)

While my Laramie was getting fixed, we test drove a 2021 Rebel, and the dealer made me a too sweet of a deal to pass up on the Laramie, so I ended up with the Rebel. Definitely going to be watching that back window though, with the recalls and warranty work that my Laramie had I'm hoping the 2021 models they've figured out some of the problems.

Last edited:

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
Hey y’all. Finally getting around to posting an update. Truck is going into the dealership tomorrow to get the back glass replaced after 3 months. I do not have a bed cover either so that cannot be the cause of the leak.
One of my relatives also has a new Ram and mentioned his back glass and third brake light both had leaking issues. I’m hoping that is not the case with my Laramie.
Unfortunately a new issue popped up today- stop/start service light came on. I read through a few horror stories on this forum with that same issue so I’m having the dealership take a look at that as well. Will post back here with updates. I really do love this truck but man I just want it to be fixed. I appreciate all the helpful replies.

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
@RamCares do something. It’s a brand new truck under warranty. Ram Hendrick in North Charleston SC hasn’t done anything to make it right.
Damn, that is my dealer as well. Sorry to hear you are having issues with them, they have been nothing but amazing to me and my truck. Hopefully you get this resolved soon!

Users who are viewing this thread