5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaky Cab Denied Warranty

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
Update:
Went to the dealer this morning only for them to tell me the appointment was in their system, however nothing was scheduled with the glass installer. So now we are starting this process over again. Such a waste of time. You just have to laugh at this point.

dde664

Reaction score
Just discovered my 2019 ram cab is leaking behind the backseat. Finally found the source of the moldy smell! Will be contacting the dealership Monday

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I knew they'd have to go through a third party to install the rear glass (they told me when ordering the parts) so I wasn't too upset that we ended up waiting on them and not the parts :D

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
Update:
Truck went into the dealership this morning. They gave me a 2021 Grand Cherokee in the mean time. Have not heard back from the dealer yet but hoping for the best.

Volunteer1589

Reaction score
We’ll y’all got a bad call today. The stop/start feature quit working because a rat or squirrel or something crawled up in the engine bay and has eaten all the wires away. Dealer wants $500 to rewire the truck; it’s not covered under warranty. Definitely not what I wanted to hear, but the back glass has been replaced. Below pics were taken by the tech. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

B0006108-3E26-4134-ABBB-C2F34D529DDB.jpeg 57FB9E36-D1AC-4B4C-A952-614CCDAE4ACD.jpeg

bud007

Reaction score
Volunteer ,well that sucks . are you sure it was an animal ? , what kind of animal actually eats copper ? insulation yes , but copper ? looks like something might have pulled or tore at those wires at least in the 1st photo of the connector
not saying it couldnt have been an animal , but geeze

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We’ll y’all got a bad call today. The stop/start feature quit working because a rat or squirrel or something crawled up in the engine bay and has eaten all the wires away. Dealer wants $500 to rewire the truck; it’s not covered under warranty. Definitely not what I wanted to hear, but the back glass has been replaced. Below pics were taken by the tech. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

View attachment 97893 View attachment 97894
"Some are blaming the auto industry’s shift to wire insulation made from soy, as well as rice husks, wood, peanut oil, corn and other sugars. Critics charge that plant-based plastics give off a faint vanilla smell when warm, turning vehicles into a moveable feast for pests.

Automotive wiring used to be coated with less appetizing polymer-based plastic insulation. But over the past 20 years, manufacturers have adopted biodegradable materials to make recycling easier and to meet sustainability targets set by well-meaning government policy."

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Volunteer ,well that sucks . are you sure it was an animal ? , what kind of animal actually eats copper ? insulation yes , but copper ? looks like something might have pulled or tore at those wires at least in the 1st photo of the connector
not saying it couldnt have been an animal , but geeze
Definitely chewed off by a critter. It's pretty common in some areas where rodents are prevalent. I've had it happen to me. In my case, It wasn't that they ate the actual copper wiring, but they chewed through it to use the wire in their nest.

Users who are viewing this thread