5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie discount question

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If that 16% includes the 10% incentive from Ram that isn’t a great deal. It’s not bad deal but many places are 23% and beyond on Laramies.
There are not "many", there are a couple. That's great, if you are within an easy drive of them. If not, you have to factor in shipping, or airfare to get there to pick it up. For me, it would be a 2 day drive, so add a hotel room, or 2. I may order one and do that, but if I can get a deal for 1 or maybe 2 thousand more, it's not worth ordering from out of state. Not only the cost of the trip, but I could get a truck probably three weeks earlier, and not not have to drive 1,000 miles + to get it home.

6of36

Reaction score
At least $7708 of it would be legit (10% off). Not sure where the dealer is pulling another $8188 out of his hat.
Laramies only get the additional 10% from Ram. Not available for BTS. Any other discount is from the dealer. Mark Dodge always offers 13% on Laramies. Ram is giving 10% during May. Combining them, you can get 23% off of a Laramie only, during May.

RamBum

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I just got home with my new Ram. Paid $57K out the door on a list of $69. Don't know if it's a "great" deal, but I love my new RAM! Sold my 2017 Eco Ram, which I loved, to get this one (with a Hemi). Drove to Denton Ford in TX to get it, and have to say it was the best purchase experience I've had in 50 years of buying and selling.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are not "many", there are a couple. That's great, if you are within an easy drive of them. If not, you have to factor in shipping, or airfare to get there to pick it up. For me, it would be a 2 day drive, so add a hotel room, or 2. I may order one and do that, but if I can get a deal for 1 or maybe 2 thousand more, it's not worth ordering from out of state. Not only the cost of the trip, but I could get a truck probably three weeks earlier, and not not have to drive 1,000 miles + to get it home.
This exactly - My local dealer was within less than 2k of MD - if I wasn't on the other side of the country I would have ordered from MD for how great they are to deal with and the price but with the travel cost and time or shipping it eats all or more than the savings.

U

User_3336

Hi, new member here. I just got home with my new Ram. Paid $57K out the door on a list of $69. Don't know if it's a "great" deal, but I love my new RAM! Sold my 2017 Eco Ram, which I loved, to get this one (with a Hemi). Drove to Denton Ford in TX to get it, and have to say it was the best purchase experience I've had in 50 years of buying and selling.
Didn't happen if you don't have a picture of it in your drive way!!! :cool:

Just a "new Ram" description doesn't count....

U

User_3336

How do you get the affiliate 1% off in addition to the 23?
It's just another way of the dealer saying "We'll give you an extra 1% off"........ they are selling below supplier cost in the first place.

To get a control number for actual affiliate/supplier pricing, the company you work for has to be on their approved "supplier" list.

I am not sure they are just giving the extra 1% with a control number or not. There is a form the dealer has to fill out showing the EXACT price for the affiliate discount which is specifically stated on the POC sheet. They have to be fudging the paperwork if they are actually using the control number, THEN selling the vehicle under the POC sheet #. The dealer DOES get a kickback from FCA for using a control number.

6of36

Reaction score
It's just another way of the dealer saying "We'll give you an extra 1% off"........ they are selling below supplier cost in the first place.

To get a control number for actual affiliate/supplier pricing, the company you work for has to be on their approved "supplier" list.

I am not sure they are just giving the extra 1% with a control number or not. There is a form the dealer has to fill out showing the EXACT price for the affiliate discount which is specifically stated on the POC sheet. They have to be fudging the paperwork if they are actually using the control number, THEN selling the vehicle under the POC sheet #. The dealer DOES get a kickback from FCA for using a control number.
Nope.

6of36

Reaction score
How do you get the affiliate 1% off in addition to the 23?
There is some organization for preserving natural areas for off roading or something. I forget what it is, because I checked in to it months ago. If you pay in to a membership, you can get a 1% discount independent of any other deal. It was like a couple hundred dollars for the membership, so on a stripped truck, you wouldn't save a whole lot after the cost, bot on a 70 or 80 thousand dollar truck you save few hundred. You also have to join a certain time period before purchase. I'm sure someone will chime in with all the facts.

t76turbo

Reaction score
Anyone care to share what BTS means for those of us not 'in the know'???

Thank you in advance.

U

User_3336

Anyone care to share what BTS means for those of us not 'in the know'???

Thank you in advance.
Built to Serve (BTS) editions, to honor firefighters, EMS workers, etc. Currently about $60,305 in white and Hydro Blue.

Its just a differently configured Big Horn trim level. It has unique seats, wheels and badging.

Built–to–Serve Edition $2,995 275/55R20 BSW All–Terrain Tires Raised Ride Height Lockable–Console Storage by Mopar® Black Onyx Interior Accents Black Headlamp–Bezels Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar® 20–Inch x 9.0–Inch Aluminum Wheels Electronic Locking Rear Axle Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar® Front Suspension Skid–Plate Fuel Tank Skid–Plate Steering Gear Skid–Plate Transfer–Case Skid–Plate Tow Hooks LED Reflector Headlamps

Last edited by a moderator:

t76turbo

Reaction score
Built to Serve (BTS) editions, to honor firefighters, EMS workers, etc. Currently about $60,305 in white and Hydro Blue.

Its just a differently configured Big Horn trim level. It has unique seats, wheels and badging.

Built–to–Serve Edition $2,995 275/55R20 BSW All–Terrain Tires Raised Ride Height Lockable–Console Storage by Mopar® Black Onyx Interior Accents Black Headlamp–Bezels Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar® 20–Inch x 9.0–Inch Aluminum Wheels Electronic Locking Rear Axle Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar® Front Suspension Skid–Plate Fuel Tank Skid–Plate Steering Gear Skid–Plate Transfer–Case Skid–Plate Tow Hooks LED Reflector Headlamps

Cool. Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Affiliate pricing normally means a dealer will sell you the truck below invoice without any negotiation. However when a dealer is already below that price they may offer a discount anyways. My dealer was already $2,500 below invoice but offed another $500 off for Affiliate.

U

User_3336

Read my post right above your response. You are wrong about the 1%. And I remembered, it is "tread lightly".
Well, explain your interpretation of the 1%, instead of just saying "Nope", and "You're Wrong".

I know how the affiliate program works, I've used it a few times.

U

User_3336

Affiliate pricing normally means a dealer will sell you the truck below invoice without any negotiation. However when a dealer is already below that price they may offer a discount anyways. My dealer was already $2,500 below invoice but offed another $500 off for Affiliate.
they must be fudging the paperwork then. Did you sign the claim sheet with the authorization # Filled in and not blank?

Two dealers I've worked with state specifically they can't use affiliate if they're discounting below it. If they get audited, they're screwed. Now, they might be offering extra on a trade to move the numbers around on the quote. I guess its up to the dealer if they want to give incentives/rebates that one doesn't qualify for, its a chance they take.

I'll specifically ask another friend that is a finance manager at another RAM dealership. He wouldn't do anything that would trigger an audit.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they must be fudging the paperwork then. Did you sign the claim sheet with the authorization # Filled in and not blank?
Still waiting on delivery so haven't signed anything yet. I joined tread lightly when I ordered to meet the 30day requirement and have the control number ready. Hoping to get the truck in the next week or 2 if there are no shipping delays.

U

User_3336

Still waiting on delivery so haven't signed anything yet. I joined tread lightly when I ordered to meet the 30day requirement and have the control number ready. Hoping to get the truck in the next week or 2 if there are no shipping delays.
So are we talking about the "affiliate/suppler/1%" or are we talking about the treadlightly discount, or both?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So are we talking about the "affiliate/suppler/1%" or are we talking about the treadlightly discount, or both?
They are the same thing, tread lightly is an affiliate organization so if you are a member at the $100 or more annual membership they will give you a control number. You have to be a member for a minimum of 30 days before the number is valid.

Users who are viewing this thread