5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs and LED interference

Rapper

Reaction score
I put in the Lasfits in the cargo lights and 3rd brake light and am having "Key Fob Not Found" issues. If I get in after the truck sitting for a while I get the error. If it's been running a while I can kill the truck and restart with no problem. Has anyone else had any issues with the Lasfits?
YES! Have the Lasfits as well. Same issue with all three installed. Swapped the Red one back to stock and no issue. Since you have to press the brake to start - maybe that's the connection. If the 2 Lasfit cargo lights work and I keep the brake like incandescent - that's fine with me.

Shives

Reaction score
So, make sure CHMSL is active. Also, I did swap all my bulbs so the green fuse is facing up toward me. This seemed to help huge.

jafoesq

Reaction score
YES! Have the Lasfits as well. Same issue with all three installed. Swapped the Red one back to stock and no issue. Since you have to press the brake to start - maybe that's the connection. If the 2 Lasfit cargo lights work and I keep the brake like incandescent - that's fine with me.
My work around for this is when I get in I don't touch the brake and push the start button to turn the truck on. After that I hit the brake and start the truck. Works every time with no issues. I took me a few days of doing this to remember this routine but now it's second nature. I even do that in my wifes car and I don't need to! :)

Shives

Reaction score
Yea I’m still having goofy issues. I tried another light in the brake lamp. I’m going to try and make a filter and see what happens.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I installed Lasfit LED bulbs yesterday in the cargo lights and the high mount brake light. This morning I got the Key not detected message. I took out the brake light and installed the original bulb and now everything is back to normal. Like someone else said I'm fine with the brake light not being LED so I will keep it that way.

Shives

Reaction score
I installed Lasfit LED bulbs yesterday in the cargo lights and the high mount brake light. This morning I got the Key not detected message. I took out the brake light and installed the original bulb and now everything is back to normal. Like someone else said I'm fine with the brake light not being LED so I will keep it that way.
Ha ha ha.. yea AlfaOBD has a setting to turn on led

mrod909

Reaction score
I bought the LASFIT lights and the next day I got the FOB not detected message. I swapped out the brake light with the stock one and kept the 2 white leds like some of you have suggested and I still got the same message. I just ended up installing the stock lights again and problem solved.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why we even bothered changing them in the first place.
Because we can. ;)

I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any issues.

The standard bulb will burn out at some point and I would have put LEDs in there to replace them anyway. I already took the CHSML out to put a better seal on it after my rear window was replaced. I figured why not do it all at once and (maybe, hopefully) not have to ever remove it again.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Because we can. ;)

I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any issues.

The standard bulb will burn out at some point and I would have put LEDs in there to replace them anyway. I already took the CHSML out to put a better seal on it after my rear window was replaced. I figured why not do it all at once and (maybe, hopefully) not have to ever remove it again.
That is true we do it because we can.

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
I have a wireless charging phone holder that mounts to the A/C vent and found out the hard way I needed to start the truck before I got my phone on there and the wireless charging activated. It's only happened once though. Placing the key right by the start button worked to get it going again.

Shives

Reaction score
It will go back to to normal. If you just change the brake light in the CHMSL to halogen. Rather LED. Or program properly.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will go back to to normal. If you just change the brake light in the CHMSL to halogen. Rather LED. Or program properly.

I had problems with the bed lights in the CHMSL causing interference as well. With the tailgate down (which activates those lights), quite frequently my fob wouldn't be detected when I would try to unlock my doors.

Shives

Reaction score
I had problems with the bed lights in the CHMSL causing interference as well. With the tailgate down (which activates those lights), quite frequently my fob wouldn't be detected when I would try to unlock my doors.
I’m starting to think it’s something with the key fob sensor in the roof. Some sort of interface. I need to know exactly where this unit is, so I can start to try and isolate it.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I informed Lasfit of my problem with the key not detected and their response was to hit the start button once to get to ACC first and then the brake to start. Gee that was helpful of them. I guess I could put a big sign on my dash telling those people that might have to drive my truck how to start it. Im sure the dealer would love that, or the car wash guy, or the tire shop for a rotation. "Hey Mister, your truck say's your key is not detected".

Users who are viewing this thread