5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fob Not Detected - new LEDs were causing it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WTF is going on with these lights and key FOBs? Some of us, like me, installed the LASFITs in all 3 places and have zero issues. Others like you, find it is the brake light that puts it over the edge. Do we have different FOBs? I know I have the Limited trim and my key has the limited logo on it along with 6 buttons: Lock, Unlock, Power Tailgate Release, Air Suspension Lower, Remote Start, and Panic. Maybe the electronics within the FOB and the vehicle are different enough to where some with more features work and some with less features don't. Grasping at straws here. There has to be some explanation, no one knows what it is fully as far as I can tell.
I thought it was this thread, but there’s a similar one I explained it in- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/key-fobs-and-led-interference.12032/post-328129

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Good question FBR. The only difference between my FOB and yours is that I do not have the Air Suspension. I am going to contact Customer Support at LasFit today and let them know of my problems. I'm sure I won't be the first to bring this up to them.

Earlswagger

Reaction score
So 2020 laramine here, did Lasfit cargo and brake. Having same issue with fob. Just order DD. Sucks but if the issue goes away I guess it’s worth paying $100.00 more for led bulbs? I like supporting a USA based company. But jeez that’s a nice swing in price. I guess they are worth it?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So 2020 laramine here, did Lasfit cargo and brake. Having same issue with fob. Just order DD. Sucks but if the issue goes away I guess it’s worth paying $100.00 more for led bulbs? I like supporting a USA based company. But jeez that’s a nice swing in price. I guess they are worth it?
Totally worth it. I’ve never had an issue with them. You get what you pay for, for dang sure.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Earl. Are you from Arkansas by any chance? :)

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Alla Lighting works great too and 3 bulbs are around $35.

This:

Plus this:

Earlswagger

Reaction score
So those DD bulbs have been in for 2 weeks. And work perfectly. I will say the last fit guy just sent me a refund straight away. solid company. I think if I just ditched the brake light all would be fine. So anyone looking, they are good, just the brake bulb is sketchy.

And no, not in Arkansas. Lol.

drect

Reaction score
Not to rain on DD parade but I installed all 3 DD 921 XPR led bulbs yesterday and I got the key fob not detected this morning. I did remote start from inside house, got the fob message when in the truck. Could not get it going so cancelled remote start on fob and with fob back in the pocket it started right up. bizarre

Users who are viewing this thread