5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw all the talk here so i though i would see what my vehicle would sell for?
2015 Toyota 4runner limited loaded
vroom $36000
Carv $31000
2014 Honda Civic power options add rear wing
Vroom ? Waiting on price
Carv $6000
Ram dealer 4runner $28000 i told then wanted more for it and they said you gonna pujt a bunch of miles on it before u trade it in. I replied i drive 6000 miles a year. Not 15000. This makes my decision easy

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah problem is when they get your vehicle and comeback with a reason why the price has changed. So they offer me 52,350. Dealer is at 45,500. Numbers are actually close if you consider the 6k in sales tax I’ll save. I’d hate to have problems after they cart your vehicle off
I figure it's a good chance our creampuff will be ok, as it is they didn't credit me with a dime more for the $500 in ceramic tint all around, boo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
They send you the contract. Unless it specifically states in the contract that they can change the price I don’t think they can just do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a good point. I'm waiting for my contract now.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Get ready for the future buddy. Most contracts I send out over the last year have been via docusing. We still talk on the phone but it’s all electronic. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last 2 houses I've bought/sold were docusign, never thought it would come to that/this but it has.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Do you have experience selling them a vehicle? They are currently my high bidder but I also would feel more comfortable getting a check before my truck departs. I know my truck needs a few things that they don't ask about in their questions, so I'm curious as to what would happen then? Or is it, if everything matches what they asked, that's the deal and you get the full offer amount? If I could get more comfortable with their process I would probably sell them my current truck very soon and take a gamble on my factory order showing up soon.
They have a direct deposit option which while I don't like everyone out in internetland being able to get my bank info if hacked, thats the world we live in now, covid just accelerated it all.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I would guess their long term model is to make money on the financing and not on the cars, whereas a traditional dealer needs to make money on the cars. Basically the same model as mortgage originators but making their own market with cars.

Long term, you wonder if manufacturers will just offer shipping direct to consumers and skip the whole dealer model. Cheaper prices for customers, and dealers could transition to simply service centers and used car lots.
Without a fancy showroom and huge parking lot to pay for, they have a lot of margin. By the way, people seem to be selling to them as I looked up the trucks they had (RAM 1500) and many were listed as "coming soon". Like mine probably will be.
I still don't quite see someone ponying up 60 large for a 2 year old truck, even if I was the previous owner... Yes it's a creampuff and has had 3 oil changes in 13,000 miles but still...

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My problem is ide have to come up with another 4K if I sell to them. I planned on rolling the difference into zero percent finance. I already left 6k at dealer

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Man.. I'm on the fence.. I like the truck, but it's a hard offer to pass up.
We love the truck but since it won't safely fit in the next garage, it's over. We knew it when we bought the house but I never thought she'd let it go.
Would I buy a 21'? Probably not since nothing fits anyway...

(Rant) I looked around at different builders and nobody had a garage more than 20' deep, most were 19'6 to 19'9. Then they stick the dumb soft water loop or the h2o heater in the front... The new home builder dropped the 4' garage extension ($2,500) because they said not enough people took it... (?) Stupid.
Course it's a seller market right now, housing is going up 1% plus a month depending on the market. New homes are 8-12 months out and each month our builder and others in the same areas are doing $3-5K price increases., each month! o_O

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We love the truck but since it won't safely fit in the next garage, it's over. We knew it when we bought the house but I never thought she'd let it go.
Would I buy a 21'? Probably not since nothing fits anyway...

(Rant) I looked around at different builders and nobody had a garage more than 20' deep, most were 19'6 to 19'9. Then they stick the dumb soft water loop or the h2o heater in the front... The new home builder dropped the 4' garage extension ($2,500) because they said not enough people took it... (?) Stupid.
Course it's a seller market right now, housing is going up 1% plus a month depending on the market. New homes are 8-12 months out and each month our builder and others in the same areas are doing $3-5K price increases., each month! o_O
Quad Cab is 4" shorter, but then you'd have to step down to a Rebel, Laramie, or BH. Don't know if the rear seat space would be an issue for you. Garage space is exactly why I ended up with a Quad.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Quad Cab is 4" shorter, but then you'd have to step down to a Rebel, Laramie, or BH. Don't know if the rear seat space would be an issue for you. Garage space is exactly why I ended up with a Quad.
She wanted a Limited, I was ok with a Laramie but she wasn't.

Toolbox

Reaction score
I sold my 2014 Silverado LTZ to Carvana. Bought it for $30k. Put 45,000 miles on it and sold it for $28500. It’s crazy the prices they are willing to pay. I use their trade in values to better negotiate dealer trade ins. Have saved my self several thousand doing that on the wife’s car.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
This seems to be an "opportunity moment" like August of 2019 when RAM 1500 deals were extraordinary. I missed that one by 1.5 months but I'm hopefully not going to miss this one. I was reading Vroom reviews, average 10-12 days from offer to funds in your hand. Now buying has a higher % of dissatisfied customers but on the selling end it seems ok. Course you never know.

Carvana offered $46K vs $54.5K from Vroom for ours... Same everything... Weird.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks. Our old garage was ~20’ deep with the 4’ extension. I could just barely squeeze a 3rd car in it for storage.

Now we have 25’ and it would be tough to go back

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i added a garage 2 years ago26*28 . everyone i spoke to said build it twice as big as you think u want it. i now understand what they were saying, 2 cars tractor tool boxes shelves etc. no room. now the new truck, going to try and clean up and move stuff

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That sucks. Our old garage was ~20’ deep with the 4’ extension. I could just barely squeeze a 3rd car in it for storage.

Now we have 25’ and it would be tough to go back
I hear ya'. It's like what, a couple grand more in materials (or was before lumber went sky high) to build one even 21' deep. Every other house down our street (it seems) has trucks sitting in the driveway because they either don't fit or the people have the garages too junked up. Oh well.

I'm just glad that I will only be losing 10% depreciation (not counting taxes) in 2 full years. Can't pass that up. Now it just has to "be true". I'll take a pic of the check/deposit/whatever and post up when it arrives.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
No worries selling to Vroom. They aren't out to rip you off. If they were doing that they would get a bad rep and loose business. Just be honest. Don't be like the guy on Craigslist that will have a like new car for sale. Then you notice the pictures are all just one side of the car. Well it got t-boned on the other side...

I sold my Jeep about a month early. They did give me a few grand more than payoff and handled everything fast and easy. Way better than the trade in offer.

Business reputation trumps a couple grand. Just like buying precious metals on line. Go to JM Bullion, are they selling fake silver? Heck no! If they did they risk everything. Well now it is too expensive to buy but that is another story.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
No worries selling to Vroom. They aren't out to rip you off. If they were doing that they would get a bad rep and loose business. Just be honest. Don't be like the guy on Craigslist that will have a like new car for sale. Then you notice the pictures are all just one side of the car. Well it got t-boned on the other side...

I sold my Jeep about a month early. They did give me a few grand more than payoff and handled everything fast and easy. Way better than the trade in offer.

Business reputation trumps a couple grand. Just like buying precious metals on line. Go to JM Bullion, are they selling fake silver? Heck no! If they did they risk everything. Well now it is too expensive to buy but that is another story.
No issues with misrepresentation. You couldn't find a nicer tri-tone ivory anywhere that's 2 years old with 13.5k on it. Make someone a heck of a nice truck but they are gonna' pay dear for it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Hey peeps, the lady is willing to drop to a Laramie trim (but level 1 option) quad cab because that fits the garage, however they are exceedingly rare (98% of the dealers and RAM build sheet inventory only carry CC in a Laramie). Also willing to drop the hemi and even the 4x4. I'd prefer a 3.55 antispin as well (wish wish).

Anyone got a line on a QC 3.6 2021' Laramie? There's like 1 within 500 miles of me that's a V6 4x2 but its black/black 3.21 with the $1300 upcharge for 20's. I might have to order...

ldoh

Reaction score
This seems to be an "opportunity moment" like August of 2019 when RAM 1500 deals were extraordinary. I missed that one by 1.5 months but I'm hopefully not going to miss this one. I was reading Vroom reviews, average 10-12 days from offer to funds in your hand. Now buying has a higher % of dissatisfied customers but on the selling end it seems ok. Course you never know.

Carvana offered $46K vs $54.5K from Vroom for ours... Same everything... Weird.

Yep, Vroom has awful reviews. Even TFL Trucks/Cars wasn't immune to Vroom's shenanigan's. They did a couple of videos on their personal experience and it was eye opening.

Users who are viewing this thread