5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed trx style grill on my 2021 ram 1500 big horn

Julio13

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the plasti dip you used? Ordered one of these that should be delivered 9/3. Like the look of the black letters

Sure cheapest place Walmart

Plasti Dip Flexible, Protective Rubber Coating Black 11oz Spray Robot or human?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostCaws1

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this Grille with the camera or does anyone know if it comes with the stuff to install it on the camera hole?

RamSATX

Reaction score
I absolutely love the look of this grille. I havent purchased it yet but am seriously considering it. I decided to do a quick photoshop to see what it would look like on my setup. Before and after, yea or neah? View attachment 131322
Dude! Seriously! Thanks for photoshopping this. I have a white ram with an aftermarket front bumper from ADD. I have been long contemplating this grill. Your edit just sold me on it.

stprostor

Reaction score
Finally got the install done on my 2019 Big Horn.

Attachments

• 20220918_160716.jpg
    20220918_160716.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 20220918_160724.jpg
    20220918_160724.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 244

22RamRod

Reaction score
Just had this installed by a local shop. Like the look but not completely sold on the letters/lights.

I think I may have it color matched but let’s see.

78280c58ec692db20b8d2c4b66003e67.jpg

22RamRod

Reaction score
Guess there my answer in the letters after 10 minutes of local driving
6f79e68fc806bd3e10aa735b39af0554.jpg

Last edited:

22RamRod

Reaction score
Luckily I was able to find the letter up the street and was able to glue it back on. Overall, I’m still liking the look including the lights.

I’m leaning towards color matching. Will look into it and will post pictures.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I am looking to do this finally on my truck. I am talking with a friend that's an auto body painter. Does anyone know if the outer "hoop" trim comes apart from the mesh at all? would make it far simpler than trying to mask all the mesh. Or is there a lip/area to mask the mesh off?

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Appreciate the picture. Aside from knowing if the color will match up, it’s good to see it on a big horn. It looks good.
Where did u get the grill and the chrome border letters? Can only find all blacked out

Julio13

Reaction score
I am looking to do this finally on my truck. I am talking with a friend that's an auto body painter. Does anyone know if the outer "hoop" trim comes apart from the mesh at all? would make it far simpler than trying to mask all the mesh. Or is there a lip/area to mask the mesh off?

No grille is one piece

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Not hard at all they come with silver I just plasti dipped mine black

Not hard at all they come with silver I just plasti dipped mine black

Okay that's good news. This is where I'm at rn. Did the bumper match and have a good like scheme but torn from just doin like touches of chrome cause I got bed rails and stuff that are chrome. Just don't know what I gota buy for everything. Ik the grille and the upper grille. But my door handles I can't find anywhere solid in color. if you have part numbers in things you got lmk plz.

Attachments

• IMG_3677.jpeg
    IMG_3677.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 64

Julio13

Reaction score
Okay that's good news. This is where I'm at rn. Did the bumper match and have a good like scheme but torn from just doin like touches of chrome cause I got bed rails and stuff that are chrome. Just don't know what I gota buy for everything. Ik the grille and the upper grille. But my door handles I can't find anywhere solid in color. if you have part numbers in things you got lmk plz.

Grille was in eBay For 2019-2023 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX Style LED Honeycomb Front Hood Grill Grille | eBay

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Guess there my answer in the letters after 10 minutes of local driving
6f79e68fc806bd3e10aa735b39af0554.jpg

Did it just fall off? Do the letter just don't stay on? It gets -40 here so anytbing sticky never stays

Julio13

Reaction score

Mine was the midnight edition so everything was black already only replaced grille and upper grille

Julio13

Reaction score
Did it just fall off? Do the letter just don't stay on? It gets -40 here so anytbing sticky never stays

The letters silver part are held with double sided tape I bought a better 3m tape so it holds better

Users who are viewing this thread