5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed trx style grill on my 2021 ram 1500 big horn

Julio13

Reaction score
134f9050b5019f7b9dee0a9a215cb424.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julio13

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting power for grill lights I read somewhere from fuse 20 amp trailer park lights something like that but seems to only turn on at night

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice, OP you already had the upgraded lights or you added those also into your Bighorn ?

Julio13

Reaction score
Came with it led package

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Where did you get the grill. Looks good.

Julio13

Reaction score
Thank you

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks Good

How's the overall fit and finish compared to oem?

Looking at the pics of the grill on ebay it has a hole in honeycomb towards the bottom, what is the cutout for?
c2da07717d817936bf94487f0c4c4bca.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Julio13

Reaction score
Looks Good

How's the overall fit and finish compared to oem?

Looking at the pics of the grill on ebay it has a hole in honeycomb towards the bottom, what is the cutout for?
c2da07717d817936bf94487f0c4c4bca.jpg

Fit is great material is definitely cheaper than oem but not bad the ram letters go screwed on from the back and plastic that screw goes on cracked a little so I epoxied those areas and put screws back in with a washer so it secure hole is for the camera if you have one I didn’t so it stayed like that you barely notice it. The only issue I’m having is where to connect lights with these trucks not to many options. From what I’ve heard it either the trailer park lamps but it’ll only work at night and fuse f66 in cab which did not work at all for me

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fit is great material is definitely cheaper than oem but not bad the ram letters go screwed on from the back and plastic that screw goes on cracked a little so I epoxied those areas and put screws back in with a washer so it secure hole is for the camera if you have one I didn’t so it stayed like that you barely notice it. The only issue I’m having is where to connect lights with these trucks not to many options. From what I’ve heard it either the trailer park lamps but it’ll only work at night and fuse f66 in cab which did not work at all for me

Thanks for the info. I did LED lights in my rebel grill and for me I ran a wire to back of the rear bumper and taped into the running/parking lamp of the trailer connector. I had installed the Curt t-harness for my tailgate bar so I used t-tap into curt harness but you t-tap into trailer harness. It took all of 15 minutes and ran the wire along the driver frame rail and HD into place with zip ties.

I like my Rebel grill but must admit I like this grill more. Just wondering if the slightly different look of the rebel is worth the $. Decisions, decisions

Julio13

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did LED lights in my rebel grill and for me I ran a wire to back of the rear bumper and taped into the running/parking lamp of the trailer connector. I had installed the Curt t-harness for my tailgate bar so I used t-tap into curt harness but you t-tap into trailer harness. It took all of 15 minutes and ran the wire along the driver frame rail and HD into place with zip ties.

Are they always on when truck starts or only at night? I did mine in the trailer park lamps fuse but only go on at night really wanted them whenever truck start not only at night

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they always on when truck starts or only at night? I did mine in the trailer park lamps fuse but only go on at night really wanted them whenever truck start not only at night

Only when lights are on, if you want them on all the time the ignition is on you can tap into F38 using a add-a-fuse.

VideoPUP Car Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP MICRO2 Adapter, Fuse Tap Fuse Holder and Low Profile Blade Fuse Holder for Cars Trucks Boats(10pcs 15A Fuse Plug + 5pcs Fuse) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBNB6T...abc_TNSGFQ9RMNCH4ZKSNPCJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4e598331f23dffae644107384f6cd071.jpg

Julio13

Reaction score
Only when lights are on, if you want them on all the time the ignition is on you can tap into F38 using a add-a-fuse.

VideoPUP Car Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP MICRO2 Adapter, Fuse Tap Fuse Holder and Low Profile Blade Fuse Holder for Cars Trucks Boats(10pcs 15A Fuse Plug + 5pcs Fuse) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBNB6T...abc_TNSGFQ9RMNCH4ZKSNPCJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4e598331f23dffae644107384f6cd071.jpg

When you say lights are on I have the led package don’t know if it’s different so in daytime yours don’t come on?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you say lights are on I have the led package don’t know if it’s different so in daytime yours don’t come on?

I was saying my grill led's come on only when the parking lights are on, if you want your grill led's to turn on all the time"ignition on" then you can run wire wire and go into F38 using add-a-fuse.

Julio13

Reaction score
Yes let me check that out awesome thanks

Users who are viewing this thread